You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Man With The Lantern

Real Ghost Stories

A Man With The Lantern

 

First of all my regards to everyone. I'm new here and this is my first story. This incident didn't occurred with me but with my mother.

This incident took place at a remote and small town "Bandikui",it is at the edge of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. My father is in railway and in this job he has to shift very frequently. At that time I was about one and a half years and my brother was yet to born. My mother was 7 months pregnant. We live in a rented house and the house owners were also railway employees. So we had good relations with them. My father used to go on duty in early morning and thus my mother was left alone in that house. Actually we had only one room and the owners were living in the rest of the house. Our room was at the backyard so it was quite creepy there as long bushes and outgrowth of plants were there and as I told it was a small town so we can't expect street light or something like that.

The owner's wife (let's call her Mrs Mishra) was a firm believer of paranormal. She always used to tell my mother about these stuffs and scold her for being out so late (my mother use to stroll at evening in the backyard). She use to tell my mother about such incidents and also warned her as she was pregnant. People believe that these things are more attracted towards pregnant ladies. But my mother being skeptic she never listen to these things.

One night my mother, father and I was sleeping in that room. That was the month of July and so the windows were open. The windows of the room did not have any grills or anything like that. It was like anyone can go through it. My father was fast asleep but my mother was awake. She was looking at that window, suddenly she saw something unbelievable. She was unable to understand what was it. She saw two men standing at that window. One was tall and another was short... The short one was carrying a lantern with him and the taller one was calling to my mother to come with him. My mother felt paralyzed at that time... She was even unable to wake my father who was just sleeping beside her. But my mom thought of handling the situation bravely. She is a firm believer of Lord Krishna. She recited his name with full Strength. She then asked to the men about what they are saying (not asked as if she was saying it from her heart). In reply the one said that her time is over and thus she has to come with them. My mother refused them and suddenly they vanished. My mom then woke my father and told him to look out. He checked everywhere but found no one. He then made my mom relaxed and asked her about what had happened. My mother didn't tell him as we all are quite skeptic so she let it go.

The next day my mother discussed this incident with Mrs mishra. She was astonished after listening to my mother and without even speaking a word she sprinkled some gangajal (holy water) on her. Then she finally told her that the two men she saw were the spirits of the nearby graveyard. If any woman is pregnant they used to come and take her baby. Many incidents have occurred like that in which many women have lost their child. When Mrs Mishra asked my mother about how she has handled the situation she told her about the daily prayers she used to do. Mrs Mishra praised my mother for her bravery.

We did experience some more incidents there but they are for another time.

We left that place within six months as my father's posting was done to somewhere else.

So this was my first paranormal experience but for sure not the last one. Hope you all have enjoyed. Thanks for reading and giving your time. Comments are heartily welcomed.

Other hauntings by Aprajita

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aprajita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
Dark user. I don't know why you think that but no its NOT a self crafted one. I'm not even interested in seeking up attention by posting "self creating" paranormal experiences. I'm a firm believer of this topic and I respect it enough to not fake it.
Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
hello aparajita... That was really spine chilling... What your mother did, is really appreciable and infact it's pretty brave of her to tackle the situation this way all on her own. It was indeed great reading 😊
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
Pureindian (14 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-24)
Well its true that spirits alwys get attract towards pregnet womans, its very good that your mom taken name of krishna infact you should also keep hanuman g. It will also help you all from such things
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
DarkUser: I noticed on your profile that you give a facebook page. Please be aware that our stories are copyrighted material and cannot be copied or reproduced in any manner without permission from the site Administrator and the author.

I'm not saying that you would do anything like that but I just want to make it clear from the beginning that we do not tolerate plagiarism. Thank you!
DarkUser (1 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
Well I find it self crafted one... Yet a nice story. You didn't mentioned earlier that a gravyard was near your house.:)
Chanukya007Varma (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-25)
good... Any new experience?
And make sure that
You have to explain.
II think you are an good
Narrator...
bhavi (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
thank you for sharing... Wow your mother was realy brave... And thank god she was okay... My friend is from rajasthan she told many paranormal stories from her village... Did your mom expirience anything after that incident?
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
it is as amazing piece of info, would truly make us enlightened into believing the positive spirituality more strongly.
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
Hi sushantkar! Thanks for reading and appreciating my story!
I want to tell you that I'm a great fan of your stories... I've read many of your stories! Really you are a very good writer... Thanks once again and please keep on reading and commenting on my stories...
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
To Aprajita - I would reciprocate the same as mentioned by the others. I think your mother shown braveness to check out whether everything was alright. I liked your experience. It was a nice read. Greetings to you for having an account in YGS.

Be safe and 😁
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Okay! Sheetal... Wow thanks for remembering me!
Regards to you...!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi, Aprajita Thanks for your warm reply. And yes nani suffered lot due to that but you know as time passes every bad memories goes faded.

Regards, ❤
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Thankyou so much darkangel-sai... I really appreciate your advice...! Maybe you are right! BTW thanks...
darkangel-sai (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Hi, Aprajita. Thanx for sharing your experience. It really was a brave deed that your mom showed that time. But I think the couldn't have harmed your mom. Because I think we, the living, are blessed and more powerful than the dead.Anyway...liked your story. 😊
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Thankyou so much sheetal! Your comment was really a nice one. Thankyou for believing me and I felt really bad for your grandmother.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Hi, Aprajita... Scary story! Your mother's experience is just like my Nani's (Mom's mother) experience. You are true... Spirit mostly attracts towards pregnant women so that in our culture we take serious care of woman when she is pregnant. My Nani also suffered from miscarriage after seeing one entity. I appreciate your mom's bravery.

Added to my favourites.

Thanks for sharing. 😁
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Thankyou so much valkricry. I appreciate your gesture. Thankyou so much.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Well, that is certainly interesting! I agree your mother was quite brave. Thanks for sharing this with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: