You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Military Spirit Never Dies!

Real Ghost Stories

Military Spirit Never Dies!

 

I am actually writing this on behalf of my husband, he is still a little weirded out by his experience. I believe he has been a skeptic for a little while, where as I have had my own experience and was excited to hear he believes this is above and beyond normal.

Here is a little background. He is in the United States Military and is stationed on a base that was once used as an african american basic training camp back in 1945. It is still in use today as a schooling facility, all of the original buildings still stand, most are condemned. The building where this took place was used as the Brig in 1945 or as we know it the jail, it is now used as a communications building.

This story actually happened tonight. I just got off the phone with my husband who is on duty and he was taking a dinner break. His friend had left leftovers in their office fridge, which is in the communications building I mentioned. He has keys to his building, which was locked, indicating that no one was working this late at night. My husband walked into the main hallway and was searching for his key to open his office when he heard each door down the hallway open and close with 5 second intervals between them. Each door is also locked each and every night when office hours are over. The last door that that opened and closed on its own was right in front of my husband who physically watched the door do this. Mind you, all the doors were locked, he heard the knob pop the lock, open, and close again.

As this wave came towards him, he glanced through the glass of his office door and watched all of the computers turn on to their start up screen. All of the computers are shut down nightly. As the last door opened and closed my husband instantaneously felt as if he was burning up as if he was sitting in front of a furnace.

Well needless to say my husband high tailed it out of there and does not want to go back. Unfortunately, he works there so I hope he takes notice if the computers are still on tomorrow!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kboyer1021, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Hello K,
I have to agree with Shane here, mostly because he is more qualified than myself 😉, but also because doors opening and closing as well as computers starting up on their own needs some kind of energy to get it all started. Residual is more of a film of an occurrence whereas intelligent means they can turn things on.
Thank you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Kboyer to answer part of your question. You can rule out a residual haunting, as this type of haunting does not interact with the living or things associated with them. They tend to replay an event that happened over and over. Such as a party or murder that took place at a specific time. Please do keep us updated. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
kboyer1021 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Thanks for all comments!

I so wish he captured it on film! I was so tempted to go back to his shop to check it out for myself and possibly try and pick up some evp's but sadly I was not allowd :o( Now to top this story off, when he went back to work the computers were off and everything was like nothing ever happened! I'm curious as well to find out if this entity is residual or intelligent because of the weird behavior, or if it was something my husband did to trigger such an event. I'll keep everyone updated! 😁
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
oh man what a night for your husband 😨 I would of pass out or run out of there before it gets to me! 😭 may I just say that your husband is brave for just standing there witnessing everything! Hope he's doing ok and keep us update!
❤ neivy
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Indeed, let god and shaman bless military ghosts to rest for good.

♥missy
dre (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
i heard things about ghosts like, if you feel cold its not really a bad thing, but if you get hot its something bad.
but I'm not sure.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Well, at least your husband THOUGHT he was the only one working late that night. It sounds as if the entity there had other ideas. Opening the dors, closing them, powering up the computers. All ready to work.

I can completely empathize. I to have had activity at work. It makes it extremely hard to be professional.

Keep us posted.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
kboyer, great story! I hope you'll keep us updated on whether or not your hubby sees more. I am curious to know whether the computers were still on in the morning too!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
Interesting Kboyer, too bad your husband didn't capture that on film. I wonder if this is a nightly occurance or if it was only done for his benefit? Thank you for sharing your husbands experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: