You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man in the Class Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Class Window

 

I study in a very old school in Zamboanga. Ateneo de Zamboanga University is a very old school, it was founded during American era and I'm not surprised that so many spirits dwell the campus. I remember when I spent my first overnight in our school. My classmates and I were very excited for the said event because it will be one of the last times we'll be all together since we were graduating that same year.

Our moderator told us to occupy two rooms on the fourth floor of the HS building because another section was occupying the HS AVR. My friends and I prepared for this overnight and we brought a huge radio component so that no one will get bored that night. It was about 9-10 pm that night when a friend of mine turned up the volume of the radio, that's the time that most of us were dancing in front of an empty classroom and on the hallway of the fourth floor. My best friend, Fabie (not his real name) and my classmates were dancing in front of the Campion Room when suddenly Dags (not his real name also) noticed an obscure reflection on the glass of the door. It was an image of a man wearing a uniform with no seal and had a black complexion and it almost looked like that it had no head due to the dark surroundings. He thought that it was just the reflection of our other classmates who's with him that night on the hallway. He pushed Vohaary to see if its Voh's reflection then the image of the boy didn't move, after that he pushed Alwasir to see if its Al's reflection but the image didn't move either. He started looking around and noticed that everyone was dancing and he realized that no one was wearing a uniform that night.

The hair on the back of his neck stood up then pulled Dags to his spot and pointed to the glass of the door then ran inside our sleeping quarters. Dags, who was a clairvoyant, also noticed the reflection of the man but thought that it was only his reflection, as he danced to the sound of the beat he was shocked that the reflection didn't moved, then he realized that things weren't normal anymore, so he also rushed inside to another classroom.

"Pare, nakita mo yun? Yung bata naka uniform?"(have you seen that? The boy wearing a uniform?) Asked Fabie.

"Nakita mo rin pare? Grabe! Akala ko ako yun nakikita ko pero hindi pala!"(You've also seen that? All I thought was who I'm looking at but it really wasn't me!) Dags exclaimed. Matt and I overheard their commotions and asked what happened.

"Nakakita kami ng multo, parang estudyante na naka uniform pero walang ulo" (We saw a ghost, he looks like a headless student wearing a uniform.) Fabie whispered, so our other classmates won't be scared.

"Huwe? Barbero! Walang ulo? Guni guni mo lang yan pare!" (oh come on! Headless? It's just you're imagination!) I said to Fabie.

"Totoo, tanungin mo pa si Dags, nakita rin niya." (It's true, ask Dags, he also saw it.) Fabie explained.

"Oo Gagi! Parang walang ulo dahil ang itim talaga niya." (Yeah! He looks like headless because he's so very dark.) Dags said with a hysterical face or maybe it's just he's reaction when he sees a ghost.

Matt and I were so curious that we tried to see the so-called apparition on the glass but we saw nothing. After that we tried to ignore the scary event and enjoyed the night away.

Days have passed then weeks; nothing unusual happened after that scary experience, but we never dared to stay late in our classroom because of the man in the glass window.

A month has passed since that faithful encounter, but what comes after would shock me completely. It was Family Day, a special event in our school, so there were numerous students in the school that night. It was almost 7 p.m and almost all the buildings in our campus were deserted because it was Sunday and all the people are on the backfield. Since the program was dull and boring the class decided to do some "extra-curricular" activities.

So as adventurous teens, we tried to amuse ourselves and decided to go on another ghost hunting expedition. We split in small groups, some went to the college building, some went to the LRC building and the others went to the HS room. The ones who went to the HS building climbed up until the fourth floor of the building without knowing what had happen to Fabie in the past. As they walked past the hallway, one girl saw someone was standing inside the Campion Room, the same classroom were Fabie and Dags saw the apparition. It was a man with dark complexion that almost looked decapitated since it had no head. She asked herself someone in that room late at night and wearing a uniform since it was Sunday. Realizing what they saw wasn't normal, they rushed down the building as fast as they could.

After the scary experiences our classmates have endured, never again did we dare to get inside the building during nighttime.

To this day, no one has any idea of the identity of that man in the mirror and what he wants to say. Some assumed that it was one of the students who committed suicide during the 90's, others say that it was one of the restless souls that got disturbed, since our school was build on top of a old abandoned cemetery.

I guess, we'll never know, but that experience was the thing we needed to remember our high school memories bye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mas15ecp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mas15ecp (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
sorry for the late reply guys... Thanks for the c0mments, I really appriciated it... Anyways, that building no l0nger occupy by high schools... Its quite impossible for you guys gain acces 2 d 4th flo0r late at night... I graduated in 2004 so we had that exp 4 years ago and in around this time of the yr... I'm glad were n0t d only ones who had the same experience... Atleast I know wer n0t crazy... Lol! Tc all! I'll share my other stories someday...ΓΌ
eExa (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
helo poh! Ahm... Last summer, nag ghost hunting po kmi sa school na yan... Ilang hours na po kmi paikot2 wala po talga kming nakita or naramdaman... Linibot na namin ang whole campus pero wala parin
hikki (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
hi, may I know when did you actually saw the ghost? Just last year?... Because I've also seen it before when I was in 2nd year high school in that same building...

we had an overnight... One of my friends had a ghost detector/compass whatsoever because he's an avid fan of paranormal stuffs... And that's how we saw the ghost... It's also headless...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Thank you for sharing this story Mas15, and 4u_allie for the lesson. Interestingly told.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Very interesting story! I wonder if anyone will ever know who it is since there are so many possibilities. It's like one big question? Who is this mysterious headless man? Well, hopefully he can find peace someday. Thanks for sharing your story and with such a rich history too! 😊 -Shelby ❀
mas15ecp (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Jose Rizal studied in Ateneo de Manila University and not in Zamboanga. Our school didn't exist yet when Rizal was alive.

I heard a lot of rumors about entities in our campus and a headless robed man is one of them. I heard that he was a priest during WW2 and was beheaded by the Japanese soldiers. Maybe he's one of the Jesuits of the school.

The other entities that I'm hearing about was all of the students who committed suicide or was murdered in the school.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Ateneo de Zamboanga University History
Perhaps Him? Is the ghost of the headless robed ghost in the mirror?
In nearly all of the towns in the Philippines today, one finds monuments to the country's
national hero, Jose Rizal (1861-1896). Most of these are smaller variations of the main
monument located in Manila. Erected in 1912 under the United States colonial regime, it
contains most of the hero's remains and stands close to the site where he was executed by the
Spaniards in 1896 for the crime of fomenting a revolution.
What is worth noting about the monument is its foreignness. It was built by the Swiss
sculptor Richard Kissling whose design was chosen in an international competition sponsored by
a committee of American colonial officials and Filipino nationalists which included Rizal's older
brother.i Shipped in pieces from Europe and assembled in the Philippines, the monument depicts
Rizal in a winter coat holding a copy of each of his two novels, Noli me tangere (1887) and its sequel, El Filibusterismo (1891) both written in Castilian. The monument has since become the
focus of official commemorations of Rizal's birth and death as well as the shrine for various civic
and religious groups dedicated to preserving his memory.
Yet the figure of Rizal in this and other monuments remain odd. Ii Attired in nineteenth
century European clothing suitable for winter climates unimaginable in the tropics, he cradles
two novels in a language that less than 1% of the population can read much less write in.iii
During his lifetime, Rizal was regarded as unusual, if not out of place in the Philippines.
Colonial authorities suspected him of being a German spy because of his fluency in German and
his praise for German schooling. Common folk who had heard of him or seen him perform
medical treatments (for he was a doctor) regarded him as a miracle worker, while others saw
him, especially after his death, as a Filipino Christ.iv/from ethernet
This might help, maybe. πŸ˜‰
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
That spooked me. Do you have any more information on the college? The history? Perhaps if you knew more, you would understand more about that aparition ghost. I'm doing research on the enternet of your school. Perhaps that would help. Ill give it to you on your email.

PEACE,
Alex.
mas15ecp (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
dear davidparker,

no I didn't saw that apparition because my 3rd eye was not still developed during my HS days. It just began in the middle years of my college life but until now its not yet fully opened.
davidparker (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Were you ever able to see the apperition for youself?
Call me crazy but I would love to see that!
The paranormal has interested me since chilhood, and that caught my attention. Thanks for sharing your creepy tale with us!
πŸ˜‰
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Being as old as you say, I am certain there are spirits there who have not yet found peace.

God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Hey Mas15!

Your story was very interesting!
I hope you'll post more stories.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
Maraming salamat po Mas15 for sharing your experience and Tagalog lesson with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: