You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Omen

Real Ghost Stories

The Omen

 

When I was 20, I met up with an old friend from high school. We soon started dating. I was crazy about him. He was such a happy, vibrant person. We were together for 6 months when one night in December 1993 I had this dream. We were together at a work picnic, area unknown. The next moment an angel came from the sky and scooped up my boyfriend and flew away with him. This doesn't sound like a scary dream, but I woke up terrified. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. After the dream I broke up with him, I couldn't explain the way I felt. I just distanced myself from him. He was heart broken. Then on Christmas day that year he died in a car accident. I can't help but feel that if we were still together I would've died with him in the accident.

Then after the funeral I had another dream. We were having a party at my house and the doorbell rang. The person at the door was my dead boyfriend. In my dream his face was totally smashed in (from the impact of the accident I assumed). So now my dead boyfriend was walking around the house mingling with the party guests, as if not realizing he was dead. Not much to the dream, except a couple of years later I met up with his sister who survived the car accident, and she told me with the impact of the accident she can remember him falling back on her lap, (she was in the back seat) his face totally smashed in. Just like in my dream. Did he actually visit me after death? And was my first dream an omen of his impending death? I can only wonder...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blackcat73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
I'm not going to express my feelings on the break up because that is your business, however, I do feel that was a sort of omen and that he also visited you. Odd that he decided to show up with his face smashed but then again it might not be something he could have helped. Weird how life works huh? Thanks for sharing!
Dip1904 (115 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
hi [blackcat73] - I have a question and was hoping if you may answer it if you don't mind although I am being terribly out of line here... So if you feel offended please accept my apology and there is no need absolutely to answer... I assure you it is just out of curosity I Ask... But...
May I know why did you break up with him in the first place?
Parabol (8 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
I believe my deceased great-grandmother has visited me in dreams before, so I believe it was possible that he came to say goodbye. Someone upstairs must have been trying to save you. Like Vanessa said, perhaps you have something left to do before you go or maybe someone you love was just looking out for you.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi blackcat73 After reading your story My eyes filled with tears. You know it is said that if someone is about to die then person who is near to them get realization through dreams or any other way to communication. I know it sounds stupid but it happens.

First dream was warning for you. Which you didn't understood. Second dream represent that he came all the way to say good bye to you.

May he'll rest in peace.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi blackcat73, welcome to YGS. You said that you broke up with him soon after your dream and he was heart broken. Perhaps he came to say good bye to you, a nice gesture from him towards you. Your dream prior to your break-up might be a premonition about his impending demise.

It is easier for the departed soul to appear in dream and he might have come to say good bye to you and also that he met with a gruesome accident and passed on.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
VanessaNixon_x3 (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
God works in mysterious ways! This sounds to coincidental to be just randomness. Sounds like a warning, like it wasn't your time and you have something important to do first so someone warned you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: