You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Old Man Opens my Eyes to Life After Death

Real Ghost Stories

An Old Man Opens my Eyes to Life After Death

 

I've always had things happen to me or around me that I can never explain, but when I moved into a four bedroom house, life took a turn in a direction I dare not imagine. I had two sons and was pregnant with my daughter. My eldest son used to (so we thought) talk to himself, I put it down to him having an imaginary friend, I later found out I was wrong. Small things like doors shutting with no breeze, the remote moving on its own and other little things you try and put to the back of your mind kept happening, we learnt to live with it.

Well, I moved again quite quickly because my landlord lost the house, we were going through quite a bad spell and managed to find somewhere. One night my son came up to me and said "alfred is waving mom please wave at him". I looked out the window but couldn't see anyone, this happened for a few weeks, him talking about alfred, and to him, I was starting to become worried.

That night I went to bed I couldn't sleep, I tried everything I just could sleep. The room went weirdly cold, I tried cuddling my partner but I couldn't move an inch, I felt hand pressure pinning me down, I tried shouting but nothing came out, I was petrified this lasted about five minutes but god it seemed like a life time.

The same thing happened again another two times, each time me waking to find bruises where it looked like I'd been grabbed and held. No one could really explain it, everyone kept saying I was imagining it or dreaming it, I wasn't. I had someone come into my home as I couldn't bare to be in there alone anymore, even with people there I was so scared. They told me there was an old man sitting in my chair with a beard going by the name of alfred, and that he had come from the house I was in previously. Apparently he was here not to harm me, but to protect me, to watch over my family through our time of need, and it was my son who he could communicate with, but because I was trying to ignore the situation, this is why he did what he did to me, to make me open my eyes to another life, life after death.

It didn't really stop there though because every now and again, I'd get a reminder like a voice through my partner, and tap across the face, the room going pitch black when the sun is shining through it. I started to accept the fact that this is going to stay with me whether I liked it or not, and still to this day I get happenings going on, no matter where I live its something or other, my partner still to this day won't accept that these things happen to all walks of life, but still he hasn't come up with a better explanation.

My son has grown out of talking to people he can't see. Alfred left us alone once our life was back on track, and now next week I'm getting my house blessed as I have just moved in, a fresh start all round I think.

Saying that I'm not sure I will ever get a peaceful life... I wanted to share this part of my life with you in case your going through the same thing, try to stay calm and accept always what's going on, that I have learned not to be ignorant to. In a way it's comforting to know there's life after death...

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clairenmatt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

philippinegirl (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
ammm...dont be offended but I'm kind of confused?...i didn't get the story of the old man opening your eyes about life and death... And if I'm going to use my logic (it's just an opinion (PEACE!) please don't get mad:)) when your pregnant you would have a sensitive skin I think that's where you get your bruises whatsoever and I think you experience a sleep paralysis...anyweiz...its just my opinion I really can't judge you 'cause I'm not in your place at all... And I'm just reading your story and doing some comment...

Good Luck to you... 😁
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
I feel like you're saying that its okay to be haunted by ghosts. I know the experience and yeah its fine if ghosts don't hurt you, but when they start tormenting you that's different then its not okay. I'm not trying to offend you just stating a point.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
It looks as if this poster is MIA, I wonder if the action was missing from this "story" too?
Thanks though.
astral_walker (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-13)
hey I haven't read all the story yet but I'm think that when you was asleep in bed the time after "alfred" waved to you I think that you may have experianced a slight for of astral projection with is were while asleep the spirit leaves the body and is in a world between alive and awake but you may not have had the energy to come out of your body that's why you could not make any noise at all

i hope my coment helps
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
thats a shame, e mail address not valid? Why do that?

i think I am with you shane, I will keep my comments reagarding this story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
clairenmatt, I wonder if Alfred was there to protect you from the one who held you down, etc.? You don't mention anything like this happening to the rest of your family. He seems quite gentle with everyone else so why would he only bother you? It sounds like having your house cleansed is a good idea.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
As we have no way of knowing if the Author of this story is true to their word. Since email address wasn't valid. I reserve the right to comment on this story at a later time.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: