You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences In Childhood Locations

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences In Childhood Locations

 

I don't really know how to start this but here it goes. It first started in my childhood house. We moved when I was 10 just before my 11th birthday and I'm 16 now.

I never really thought about all this stuff all that much before me and my brother were talking the other day and he said that he always use to hear our mum or nan calling him downstairs but they wasn't home at the time he heard this, he even said his friends use to say to him that our mum was calling him for something when she wasn't home. I use to hear my mum or my granddad calling me whenever I was in the bathroom which was straight at the top I the stairs and it would sound like they were stood right at the bottom of the stairs but I just thought it was all in my head because my granddad had only been to the house once as he lives in a different country and my mum wouldn't be home, it would just be me, my brother and my nan. I'd always thought that house had something wrong with it for some reason, it just didn't feel safe but when I was younger I didn't think about the paranormal. Me and my brother use to always switch bedrooms because we both wanted the attic bedroom but most night whenever I had the attic bedroom I just couldn't sleep because I felt like something was watching me and I would just panic and have to stay in my mum's bed because I was too scared and some days I use to wake up with scratches on my face or neck which my mum would point out but we just thought it was me but I've always bitten my nails so now I think about it it couldn't have been me. Something that is still really stuck in my head is when I was about 5 I fell down the stairs, I was never a clumsy kid, and all I remember is feeling a heavy push on my shoulder forcing me backwards causing me to knock out all my front teeth at the bottom of the stairs. Everyone just thought I tripped over my own foot or something however I distinctly remember a pressure onto my shoulder but I didn't see anything. I never saw anything which made me really confused.

My other experience was in our flat in Bexhill, England which use to be owned my my great grandma before she passed away when I was 1. I went to Bexhill to visit my brother because my brother and his girlfriend use to live there while they were looking for a place of their own. Theirs was the blue room which I've always refused to sleep in and my big room which my nan would stay in when she comes down with everyone and that was the only room I was slightly alright with. I stayed in that one because my brother and his girlfriend had their room and I had the other two to choose from, I chose the big room and my brother's dog which is a Staffy came in to say night to me like he always has and still does. He was laying on my bed with me for about 5 minutes then he looked up and something must have caught his eye because he was just staring for a good 10 seconds then he just started going mental barking at the top corner of the room running around and over my bed just barking at the corner for about 5 minutes before my brother came in to stop him barking and took him into his room. My brother and the rest of my family since then have said that the flat is haunted by my great grandma and a woman with long black hair. My brother said that he would sometimes see the unknown woman with long black hair walking into the bathroom and he would always know when his dinner was ready because there would always be a bang in the counter table. He would also see our little nan (great grandma) walking in the halls next to the two rooms and woman with black hair in the two rooms, the blue room I'm still terrified to sleep in and the big room my brothers dog was barking in.

Now I live next to a graveyard in a village, still in England and every now and then when I'm in my room or hallway or kitchen by myself I feel like someone is watching me. This might just be paranoia after everything but I just thought I'd share this with the page.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BethIsabella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BethIsabella (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Yeah I'm out of that house now because we moved town about 2 hours away from it so that makes me happy. However now in a house right next to a graveyard which I hate that fact because sometimes I think it might happen again but so far I haven't seen or felt anything in this new house but always paranoid.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Hi, BethIsabella... Spooky story. Getting a feeling of watched by someone is worst. I think you should take it seriously. Get bless yourself.

Thanks for sharing,

God Bless you,
BethIsabella (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-02)
Yeah it was so painful: (

I'd only feel like something was there when it was dark out and yeah it definitely felt like something was watching me with negative energy because I wouldn't feel safe at all.

Yeah my great grandma use to own the flat but we have no clue who the woman with black hair is.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Ah, I am not the only one who knocked their teeth out on stairs as a child. I empathize... Because ow: (

It is possible that something pushed you, while it is also possible that you did slip. However, how you say that you often felt something in the house that was unpleasant does make it seem like something may have been angry (or maybe just was tired of not being paid attention to). Did anything happen to anyone else?

Your great grandmother and the woman sound residual, energy patterns that have repeated themselves in places they used to frequent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: