You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ireland Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ireland Haunted House

 

The school bus picked me every morning at the side road that led up to my aunt's house, and every afternoon it dropped me there again. And so twice a day, on the bus, I passed the entrance to the mysterious road. It wasn't much of a road any more. It was choked with weeds and blackberry bushes, and the woods on both sides pressed in so closely that the branches met overhead, and it was dark and gloomy even on bright days. The bus driver once pointed out to me:

"Folks that go in there after dark," he said, "well, they usually don't ever come out again. There's a haunted house about a quarter of a mile down that road..." He paused. "But you ought to know about that, Alex. It was your grandfather's house..."

I knew about it, and I knew that it now belonged to my Aunt Mary. But my aunt would never talk to me about the house. She said the stories about it were silly nonsense and there were no such things as ghosts. If all the villagers weren't a lot of superstitious idiots, she would be able to buy me some decent clothes.

I thought it was all very well to say that there were no such things as ghosts, but how about the people who had tried to live there? Aunt Mary had rented the house three times, but every family had moved out within a week. They said the things that went on there were just too queer. So nobody would live in it any more.

I thought about the house a lot. If I could only prove that there wasn't a ghost... And one Saturday when my aunt was in the village, I took the key to the haunted house from its hook on the kitchen door, and started out.

I went in the house. It turned out to be the bravest thing I've ever did. I went in, and before I could stop it the door closed with a bang by itself. And it was then, as I was pulling frantically at the handle to get out, that I saw the ghost! It behaved just as you would expect a ghost to behave. It was a tall, dim white figure, and it came gliding slowly down the stairs towards me. I gave a yell, yanked the door open, and tore down the steps. I never went back in their again!

My aunt and the villagers put fire to the house and it burned down. Never to be tempered with.

Other hauntings by 4u_allie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4u_allie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Sounds like somebody is just trying to get a bit of publicity for her...ahem..."Twin Sisters" Website
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I am Irish and this is the most made up story I have ever heard!

1. As pointed out Ireland doesn't do the school bus thing.

2. I'd imagine that if there was a place people went and never came out of again, it would have made the news
Bekkiboo (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
I don't believe this story for one second. I'm Irish and we don't have school buses that drop you right to ur, door they collect you and everybody else in the same place everyday and drop you off there also! And the bus driver... An irish bus driver wouldn't tell a story in that way or say it the way you have it written, its like something a creepy character in scooby doo would say! We also don't use the term folks for people... What part of ireland were you in cause this story is fiction
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
There's something very fishy going on here.

Ireland doesn't do the whole "school bus" thing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Hello Alex,
what a shame that the villagers decided to burn the house down instead of trying to rid it of it's energies. I wonder if another house has been built on the land and if it has any ghosts in it that have not been able to get release?
Thank you for the story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Oh yea, WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH would your mother name you twin sister and you the same name? Very strange!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
That's great for your sister to have her own website. Tell her that I said "CONGRATS"! As long as you've been on here, why haven't you ever mentioned a twin sister? Seems odd! Another thing that strikes me odd is WHERE YOU REALLY LIVE. Is it Ireland or from Utah? Where do you reside? I get a weird vibe from you for some reason. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder why!
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Hey, everyone, got a new website for you guys to check it out. My twin sister has made it. She lives in America. She believes everyone needs to know, its important! You can comment on it on her sites Blog. Www.freewebs.com/123humanhybrids/index.htm
She has people from Tennesee, NY, Miami, already comment on it, its big news!
PEACE,
Alex. Ps. Our parents named us with the same name. Just so you know. I'm from Ireland, she's moved to Amerca. ❤
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 🤔 Hope you have a great one! If their's anyone out their who has a ghost story that happens on Halloween, please share.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Peace my friends! Has my story bean given you doubt? Nevertheless, it is all true. My Aunt Mary is my confessor. She has reread this twice to make sure all truth is told. Go to Ireland, see for yourself! You shouldn't judge the unknown.

PEACE,
Alex.
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
I don't want to be rude, please don't take this the wrong way, but this doesn't sound like an actual happening, it almost sounds just like a written story, the kinds you would find in a novel. Maybe it's just me.
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
That's weird, but I heard many stories about those type of houses before...
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Now, the strange thing is about the burnt house, as I visited the site a week after it was a-fire, was that the front door to it still remained standing. Some of the villigers informed that they whent their to see if they could still burn it,but, unfortunitely their luck failed. It still stands. The doors open and close by themselves. Strange...
Yes, we did have a preacher come to investigate the house but he was not experianced from things of the other side. So he suggusted to my Aunt Mary to burn it. But I do believe the ghost was my grandfather.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
I am sure with the customs and the superstitions of the village, burning the house down may have been the only choice your Aunt felt she had to be rid of it as no one would rent the home, it is a shame.
The entity that resided in the home, however may not have left with the home. Some can still be attached to the land. Do you know if anything else was built in the houses place? I would be curious if there were any so called residual effects.

thank you for sharing your story,

God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Dear Alex,

I liked your story very much, it gave me a few goose bumps lol. Why did you burn the house down though? You could have just done a blessing or something, but I guess it was your aunt's choice. Good luck for the future!

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Now that is truely a shame. Torching an old home just because it had a little history to it. With the proper care you all could have easily rid the home of its unwanted guest. Oh well, what's done is done. Thank you Alex for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: