You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Llorona In Long Beach, Ca

Real Ghost Stories

The Llorona In Long Beach, Ca

 

It was the weekend after Thanksgiving, Saturday, around 3:00am 2011. My sister and I were watching movies on Netflix enjoying our days off due to the holiday. Everyone was sleeping because after all it is very early in the morning.

All of a sudden we began to hear a moan/crying coming from a woman. It was very loud and it was terrifying it sounded ugly like a woman in pain or despair. It went on for about 20 seconds then it stopped for 10- 15 second, then it began again even louder. Told my sister to grab the phone to be ready to call the police because I thought a woman was being raped or being assaulted near our house. I stepped outside, scared, to see if I could prevent a crime. (shouldn't have done that could of been dangerous).

When I got to the front of the house there was no one outside yet the crying was literally in front of me it was a foggy night too. My sister came out and the crying lasted for about 2 minutes we were puzzled we looked at each other and we both got chills we were both thinking the same thing. I don't want to come to any conclusions, I'm Hispanic and grew up with the legend of the llorona. Many people in the Hispanic community swear that that malovent spirit does exist and even say they have heard the cries in their native countries and in southern california.

Could it have been a prank by some local teenagers? Yes, maybe but that doesn't explain why I could hear a woman moaning literally 20 feet from me and not a soul outside at 3:00 in the morning. I am convinced I heard the llorona in Long beach, CA.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rolanomota, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
it's ok. Lesson learned:]

Has anything else happened to you since?
rolanomota (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
No my sister and I did not call the police but a neighbor must of heard the moans too because police patrolled the area about 5 minutes later.
But I swear the moans were right in our proximity it was foggy but not to the point where you can't see nothing we could still see our neighbors house across the street. But your right I should of called the police immediately. 😐
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Yes, the best thing you could have done is call the cops (and they would have told you NOT to go out). Fog is a great conductor of sound, it not only carries it further, but amplifies it. Still, creepy as all get out, when you can hear and not see something though.
I have heard the legend of la llorona (the weeping woman). Incredibly sad story. For those of you unfamiliar I found a copy on the internet: http://www.literacynet.org/lp/hperspectives/llorona.html
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Yeah I would agree with Elnora. I would have called the cops regardless because that's never something to mess with. Worse case would have been nothing was found.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Did you end up calling the cops? I would surely hope so.

Noises can travel from long distances and be deceptive.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
rolanomota, I removed the addresses you put in your story. Please, please, do not put addresses online. Its just a bad idea.
As it was so foggy, I do wonder if there was a living person being assaulted that was just invisible due to the weather conditions. I think the safest thing to have done would have been to stay in and call the cops.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: