You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Was Outside My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Something Was Outside My Window

 

I'm 19 years old and my experiences with the paranormal have been an ongoing ordeal in my life. However, this particular story took place in the Summer of 2011 (when I was 16) and 2012 (17).

It was around 12:30 am when I jumped out of my bed and ran to my bathroom, for no reason. I stood at my bathroom mirror staring at my reflection for about a minute. Confused, I went back to my room to lie down in my bed to think about what just happened and 10 minutes later, when I was settled down about to dose off again, I heard tapping at my window. I completely froze. I looked in the direction of my window in both shock and disbelief.

I thought to myself, "How can someone be at my window? I'm on the 3rd floor of a house..." It didn't make sense. I was too afraid to look outside the window from fear of what might see. I just lie there in my bed hoping it would stop. It kept tapping... Then it stopped... Started again and then stop for good. At the same time this was happening, I heard people walking by (maybe 2 or 3 folks) on the sidewalk about a yard away. The tapping stopped as the people came closer to our house before they walked past it. I sensed that whatever was outside my window was gone. Relieved, I went back to sleep.

This second incident happened another summer later (same house). This time, it was around 9:30 pm. I had just gotten off of the Internet and about to hit the hay sack. I had trouble falling asleep that night so I decided to listen to some music to help relax my mind. I then got this awful and suffocating sense of terror; absolutely vile. Of course, this made me pull out my ear buds. I knew that whatever was outside my window was watching me and it was much more dominant since the last visit.

I just sat up in my bed and looked at television. Trying to ignore the being, I turned up the volume and managed to fake a nervous laugh at the cartoon I was watching. I didn't work. The tapping started immediately afterwards. Whatever was tapping at my window KNEW I was afraid and it was taunting me. I was pretty sure it could have harmed me if it wanted to. I wanted to scream but I did not because I didn't want to wake my parents. They would've been angry with me. I did, however, jump out of my bed and dart to the bathroom. Trembling, I had to make a decision; I was either, to go sleep with my parents (and face their anger) or go back to my room and hope that the being was gone (which I highly doubted). I slept with my parents that night. The feeling of terror instantly went away when I entered my parents' room. I accepted the lecture they gave me about staying up late and trying to annoy them. I didn't care if they didn't believed me, I was just glad to sleep with them so I wouldn't have to face whatever was in my room outside my window.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AtariFarari, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AtariFarari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
[at] mrmonty
I really wished I had looked outside the window, but it was just so unexpected when it happened. The two incidents happened on July 28th both years at the same house. It's really bizzare. I still live here, with my parents. Little incidents have always happened, but I just tend to ignore them but the truly out of the ordinary things happen is something I really remeber.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
AtariFarari,
So you are convinced there was no natural reason for the sound, but you did not see anything when you looked towards the window? And were the two dates the same date, for example, June 25? Were you living there after that second incident? Some kind of an anniversary?
AtariFarari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
[at] Miracles5131
The sounds was unmistakably at the window. No doubting that. Again, this only happened at very specific times... Just two days out of two years.
AtariFarari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
[at] everyone
I am absolutely positive that it was not an animal. This only happened two summer nights, two years apart. What I experinced was very real. I am a very logical person; I am not quick to make an assumption before analyzing, first.
AtariFarari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
[at] mrmonty
There are no trees outside my window, and birds do not tend to stay around my house. I'm really not sure about the house we stayed in. I don't really know anything about the history. 😐
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
IfIhadyoux,
I agree that AtariFarari might have gone to the bathroom the second time as a safe haven, but the first time he went there before the banging. I know it's weird but for some reason I have this feeling there was a suicide in this place, can't explain why.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
LOL Miracles, that is very true. At least they are admitting it rather than stealing. Yet again the little copyright symbol down at the bottom of every page protects us so yah.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
AtariFarari - as has been suggested, there are many things that can cause a tapping sound, some of which could have been from a distance that you were unable to see. Sometimes sounds don't come from where we think they do. Could have been a bird tapping on your window and it flew away before you saw it. Believe me, I've experienced this. Persistent bird too LOL

Sounds/voices travel, especially at night. And when we have conditioned our minds to believe there is something at our 3rd floor window that couldn't logically be there, we have already set ourselves up to be uncomfortable, or even afraid, and normal situations easily turn into paranormal events.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
ifihadyoux - at least they asked permission, unlike many others take it upon themselves to use our stories without permission 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
mrmonty; from the way they are writing it, and I could be wrong here, is that they are running to the bathroom because it's a safe haven aside from their parents room. For some people it is just different. They also stated they didn't want to wake up their parents so I am assuming that's another reason.

Anushkadhiya: kind of odd to make an account just to ask people to publish their story in a book. But whatever floats your boat.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Welcome Atarifarari,
I would like to ask a couple of questions. When you looked towards the window did you actually see anything? There are so many things that could cause this tapping, a branch, loose siding, etc. I was also concerned with your going into the bathroom for no reason-like some kind of a trance. If there is something it seems to be somehow connected to the bath room-did anything happen in the house?
AnushkaDhiya (1 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
your story was really interesting. I liked it. Am writing a book on ghosts and wanted to include some of true ghost experiences by people. Can I pick your story and publish it? I would just copy the story and mention your name showing that its your story. Thanks! 😁
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Erm, I have a few questions as far as what you saw, because I read your story twice and found no description. Can you explain what you saw? And did you even see anything?
Is there anything outside that could have caused the tapping, such as a tree branch or animal? What was the weather like outside? Was it during a rainstorm or a windy night, or a completely dry, cloudless night? If an evil being was trying to hurt you, it would find a way inside, and to the bathroom and your parents room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: