You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Howling Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Howling Ghost

 

I have had my house well over a few months. The house was built in 1951 and a very beautiful brick home. The first night of moving in here my two year old had looked into the bedroom where we were sleeping and took off running holding her arms up to me. Then after that about a week later I had saw some dark figure walk past my room and into the bathroom. Had returned from work later on that following morning and had told my mom about it and she said that she had also saw a dark figure walk across the room upstairs that same night. My mom was walking down the hallway into the bathroom talking to my younger sister when she said it sounded like a lady was yelling right in her ear 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING'.

A few days had gone by nothing unusual or out of the ordinary until I was sitting on my bed when my box that was on the floor started moving across the floor my mom said that it was probably just the fan blowing it, so I said okay. That same night I was waken out of my sleep to my daughter's crib moving across the floor. I had grabbed my daughter and ran up the stairs to my mom I know big baby right.

Well after all that I had moved my bedroom upstairs and haven't had any problems for a good two months until 2 days ago. I was walking down the stairs went into the kitchen and got my daughter something to drink then headed to the bathroom. As I started to go back upstairs my foot hit the first step when something sounded like a growl or some thing else coming from the living room. I don't know how to explain but I felt so scared for my life took off running up the stairs feeling like I was going to throw up, a knot in my throat and trying to get out something was downstairs.

I had ran up them stairs so fast that I woke up my mom and dad because they thought I fell down the stairs. I have never felt so scared in my life and I am still terrified to come down the stairs alone. My boyfriend just started laughing at me because he said I should have heard myself and always says you must be smoking something. My boyfriend doesn't believe any of us when we tell him we have saw stuff in this house. I want to leave so bad but I can't because of my mortgage. This house scares me so bad or whatever is in it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, missy1992, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
[at] missy1992 - what elnoraemily and sushantkar has been mentioning is worth a while to find out - parallely of course (if you want to find results quicker) ... Enquire about the history of the house just casually... Don't alarm your neighbours, they shouldn't find you odd - per se, just casually ask in an pleasant tone if and when you are on a related topic of neighbourhood... Take the opportunity to talk to your neighbours and casually ask whether this house has any history since its quite old and assure them to tell it even if its something scary or gory because at least you deserve to know... If they still reply negative, then probably there is nothing to worry or they don't know, (in either case they can't help you then) ... Secondly... Get it blessed by a priest. Negative entities tend to react more than their normal occurences so if there is something, you can get your hint quite early on.
One thing I would say, do not overlook any option just because they might not be something relevant or pertinent. Check it out nonetheless even if its a wiring problem or in worse case - the paranormal issue.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-07)
Hi, Missy:

Old, outdated, or poorly wired electrical systems in a home can cause high EMFs (electromagnetic fields) which can have a huge impact on those more sensitive to it, especially if you are sleeping close to a strong EMF.
"excessive EMF exposure due to poor wiring and appliances can give off paranormal symptoms"
Cited from:
Http://paraconteam.webs.com/scienceandparanormal.htm

It can also affect animals. I'm not saying what you're experiencing is not real or changing what I previously posted. I'm just responding to what you said about the buzzing light and crumbling wires. Any good electrician should be able to tell you if there are EMF spikes in your home and where they are with a meter. I lived in an older home, with my headboard against a wall that had a tv on the other side (living room) and lots of old wiring going through it. I was advised to turn everything off at night, even the breaker if possible. I moved after 15 years to a newer home and find I sleep much better.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
P.S.: Some "light" reading:

Http://www.emfcenter.com/emffaqs.htm

Http://www.safespaceprotection.com/electrostress-from-home-appliances.aspx

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity
missy1992 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
My mom and dad has took the light off due to hearing buzzing and the light wires just crumbled I don't even know how it was still working so I'm going to say more then likely they have never been touched
missy1992 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
Also, I can't find information on my house any where. A place I called when I was looking for blue prints said that they couldn't find any on the house sense it was built before 1960
missy1992 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
I have talked to my neighbors and the only thing they could tell me is that the people who lived her before had a son that had hung himself but not in the house. However he did that down the street at a neighbor back yard. I do have two dogs the one comes inside off and on and when I come downstairs he will be growing Inot the bathroom. Could this be were the spirt got this from? The night the growling came from my livingroom both digs were outside
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Hello:
The others are offering great advice; electromagnetic disturbances can mimic the paranormal and affects individuals differently. This being said, I would be frightened as well by anything unseen growling.
Having the electrical checked, and also thoroughly researching the history would be a good start.
Have you had anyone bless or thought to cleanse the house? There is a member here named Rookdygin with a self-cleansing method, listed under "About me":
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
If you believe in any particular religion, you could find out if any of the clergy do house blessings.
Not to be an alarmist, but in some cases cleansings can be tricky if there is indeed a malevolent presence.
Personally, due to my education and Catholic upbringing I would have electric checked, check the library, newspapers, police, and neighbors for history, have a priest do a blessing & seal my home with Archangel medallions. If that didn't work, then I would reformulate my plan to include an exorcism and paranormal experts with a multilevel approach before being pushed from my home. Leaving does not always solve the problem... Although sometimes it can.
You have to know first what you're dealing with.
Good luck, many blessings and warm regards,
Lynev
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
I would also echo the same about what elnoraemily had mentioned in her post.

Regards
peggy_tom (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
please my advice to you is to ask a negihbour living in the neighbourhood for a long time and ask what has happened in that house and please find information about that house 😊 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Since this is an older home, has the wiring ever been checked or redone, to your knowledge?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: