You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Awakenings

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Awakenings

 

Lately I have been waking up really early in the morning for no reason. And it's really dark, like 1 a.m. and when I go to see what time it is, it's like someone is following me and watching me. And every time I turn around, nothing is there.

Last night actually, after doing my rounds after I woke up, I was really freaked out. I am not afraid of the dark. Just what lies in it. So I was thinking I was definitely not going to be able to go back to sleep without some noise, otherwise the boogeyman would eat me! So I turned my fan back on, and cranked up my radio. As I was closing my eyes, I heard something that sounded a lot like my dad walking in to wake me up or something. So I roll over and turn around, and no one is there! This scares me. So I pray and say in my head, "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, I demand you not even to state your business and leave the premises for ever!" And after this, a sense of calmness fell upon the threshold. And so, I slowly but surely drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up not even aware of what happened the night before, not to remember all day until now, at 5:37 p.m this day. (The same day as the story.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening to me? I think it is more paranoia than anything, but who am I to say? Please leave comments and try to explain why I am so disturbed. I will keep up with the comments and post back, so if you have a question, leave it in a comment and I will answer it.

Thanks everyone and I hope I can, with your help, figure this thing out!

Other hauntings by Abercrombie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abercrombie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Also, I have heard and know it is true that 3:00am is the devils hour. Interestingly enough, I was born in the 3:00 am hour.:... That was normally when I woke up, so I'm wondering if it was demons...
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Oh thanks for all your comments you guys! I feel really special when you pitch in with my problems. I found something very interesting out, please read my newest story! ❤ ❤ ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Abercrombie,
I love the sentences in which you say "I am not afraid of the dark. Just what lies in it..."
A short while later you ask if there are any suggestions, and that you think it is paranoia only. I think I have to agree with you. I do not mean to sound rough, I do not. But perhaps there is something in the back of your mind that you are subconsciously mulling over while in the sleep state and it is simply incorporating itself within your sleeping habits.
Unfortunately, this happens to me often. There are stretches of weeks where I receive little sleep as I think over upcoming bills, a stressful work environment, the children needing something that we must put off for now... I do not consciously think on these things as I go to bed, blocking it out with television or a good book, but in my sleep my mind keeps reeling and therefore my sleep is interrupted.
Just a thought, I have been known to be wrong before.
Thank you.
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
You are quite the brave person. 😁 I think it might be something paranormal. Maybe research up on it more. I just wrote a story about an experience similar to that. Your not the only one. 😁 If this happens again, keep saying your prayer, or just simply tell it to "Leave! You are not welcome here..." It has worked for me. 😆
35ryfhoi (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
😐I think that you are very brave to have lived through that situation. Why not pop into the library and investigated an era that you think that your situation lived in ? I think that this may be worth one more go.
Take Care.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Hmmm... I don't really have nething to regret except today I took a werther's original for my friend off my t's desk. Lol! 😆
GrIm (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Well all I got to say is maybe you did something bad you regret and I am not saying that you did anything bad but don't worry sometimes you hear things like you do I hear things while I am asleep and I go all around the house. But anyways watch out and take care of your self bye 😊.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-14)
Thanks again everyone for your feedback. I also just recently yesterday found out the smae thing happens to my bff, but she was more freaked out by my story just reading it. Hmmm...
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
Abercrombie, it sounds like you did the right thing in praying since that is what you believe in. Good luck to you!
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Oh, and after I prayed the stuff I said, I haven't woken up again. 😲 😕 What if it was an entity? I think it meant me no harm, but it did scare me a lot.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Thanks for all your great comments and suggestions. The times I wake up vary from 12 a.m to 2 a.m. Uncanny, your comment isn't quite clear. In reponse the sleepwalking and vivid dreams, that is unfortunately incorrect. I am fully aware of my surroundings, and I would know if I got up. Please stay posted!
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
It's just some random stuff, well it doesn't really matter, but you shouldn't think about this too often or else you'll be cursed forever!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Hi there,
I was wondering if you had seen any ghost stories or read about anything that might have caught your attention and so even if you are going to sleep your self consience is awaking you and with it being late, the house silent you tend to hear things that your imagination can bring to life. I would suggest that you pay close attention to what it is that you hear and try to find a true reason of what it could be. That is what I have done recently...

Good luck
P.S always keep the prayers they really work.

Natalin ❤
dre (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
finally I have signed up! Now I can comment you what I have being wanting to say for the last 15minutes!

"if you don't it know google it" lol

but yeah I had that random awakining thingy aswell, all I had to do was turn my cpu off one hour before 12 midnight. Apparently my dad (also known as the ghost whisperer) told me that playing games on my cpu all night was attracting unwanted guests :S...

After listening to my dad, one week later this so called "guest" was no longer stalking me. Praying helps alot! It worked for me lol because I don't get the stalking feeling anymore lol.

but if you have any thing noisy at night that may disturb around 12 mid night, I advise you to turn it off for about a week or two.

sure I know how it feels "privacy invasion"
but I did this for about a week or so and it was gone... Being a big fan of cpu games I just didn't give a fark anymore, I was so pistd off, because I wasn't going to let this
stranger take over my life in fear! So I did what I loved doing, and that's playing my online cpu games ANYTIME I WANT!

its being like almost 5months since that horrible nightmare sometimes id wonder if it was a demon :S. Everytime I look out my window I just think of nice calm breezes and peace, funny that beause my sisters knew about this "guest" and they were amazed how calm my room had became.

ps: my dad said watching t.v at night is okay, plus it took me 3months to figure out this problem!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
It could be a very vivd dream. There may be something that is plaguing yur conciouscness and it is manifesting itself in your sleep.
Time will tell. If this is some tyoe of entity that yu are dealing with , the prayers you said and denmands you made there of should have worked.

Good luck, and keep us posted,

God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Hi Abrecrombie,

I get the feeling that I'm being watched in the middle of the night as well; but it's just our imagination I suppose. Maybe Shane's right, it could have been a dream... Or not. Anyway great story! I hope all's well.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
shone (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
hi! Is there a particullar time that you wake up ? If there is then there might be something there
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Sounds to me Abercrombie like a lucid dream state. Was your fan and radio on when you awoke, as it is also quite possible that you were doing some sleep walking. I am not saying that, that is what happened, just a possiblity. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: