You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Mother's Unrest Soul

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's Unrest Soul

 

This is more than a haunted experience... It is attached to my mom and her family's emotions. This incident took place some 18 years ago in my moms hometown Farrukhabad.

This incident is related to my mother's real aunt. Her name was Prabha. She was the most loved child of her mother and sisters. My grandma is third of four sisters and Prabha nani was the youngest of all. My mother, my aunt, and Prabha nani were quite of similar age. That's why my mother was extremely attached to her.

Prabha nani was married to a careless husband who never cared about her or the children. He was extremely self-centered. He often use to beat Prabha nani out of nonsense reasons. He use to take her savings only to fulfill his demands and luxuries. He was an alcoholic. My nani was very irritated by the acts of the man.

One unfortunate night at the stroke of 2:30 am the phone rang at my nani's place. On the other end of the phone was a family friend who informed that Prabha nani is no more. My nani Nana...mom...aunt all were dumbstruck on hearing this. My nani started weeping like anything. My mother and aunt almost lost their consciousness. Everyone was shocked.

When they reached Prabha nani's place they were informed that she committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan. But my mother and nani doubted it as it was not possible for anyone to hang herself just sitting in a chair.

My mother and nani knew in their hearts that none another than her husband has killed her as they can see many injuries on her body. Prabha nani had two daughters Ishu and Rashmi. They were very small at that time. Rashmi was 6 and half years old whereas Ishu was 3.5.

After everyone has gone my nani was sitting beside the body of Prabha nani. As in Indian rituals we follow that someone from the side of the dead person has to come to crematorium so that's why my nanjii has gone to pick Prabha nani's brother. And that's why the body was left. Coming back to my nani, she was sitting beside the body and suddenly she felt that someone just past behind her wearing an anklet. She thought it was my mother but she realized that she was alone in the house. She started panicking as the feeling of someone around was gripping all over her. She then heard a giggle same of that of Prabha nani. She got tears in her eyes. She recited name of god and then asked her to leave this world. She suddenly felt that a heavy burden from her body has been lifted.

But this was not the ending of everything.

On the other hand my Nanaji was in the cemetery was looking after the arrangements of Prabha naniji's last rituals. It was around 8:00 in the evening and so the sky was very dark. He was standing at the front gate while on of his friends was talking to the priest.

He then heard his name was calling out by some lady. He is very respected personality in his town so he thought who was calling his name like that and that too a lady at such an late hour. He let it go for the first time but it happened again and again. And after two calls a laughter was heard. He was so frightened after this that he left the place without completing his work.

All these incidents were continue to happen. With certain odd dreams.

One night my mother was studying late and then she suddenly saw Prabha nani at the ventilator. She ran fast to her mother and told her everything.

Next day a family discussion was organized and all the incidents were talked in that. We all came to know that Prabha nani's sprit was around the house because her daughters were living with my mother's family. Her only dependence of living was her daughters. She loved her children very much. That's why her spirit was still around. A big ceremony was done and after that the children were send back to their homes. After that all the incidents came to an end. I just hope that her spirit rest in peace.

The daughters are living with their father and step mother. But her stepmother is very kind and lovable.

Thanks for reading and giving your time.

Other hauntings by Aprajita

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aprajita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

koolruud (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Hi Aprajita,

It is really sad to know what your Nani had been through but I'm glad your family decided to perform the rituals for her to rest in peace. Having said that, your family's encounters with her sound real scary.😨 Anyway, please accept my condolence and as Jess mentioned, we are here for you if you need anyone to talk to.

Take care,
Rudy
jess001 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Its ok aprajita:) these stories really interest me. Yes! That is totally why there new mum is very kind and loving as the children are being very well protected and looked upon by there real mother and god himself:) I do get psychic feelings sometimes which helps me to understand things in greater detail 😁 I also know about a theory that has been said if you close your eyes as if your going to go to sleep and imagine that you are walking down your stairs (if you have any) and imagine that when you open your front door your at your favorite place (for example could be the beach) and you should see someone stood there and approach them and ask them their name and then say goodbye to them and that you will visit again soon, it is said to be that they are your guardian angel. This doesn't work for everyone. Just thought I'd mention it:)
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Ohh! Jess001 Thankyou so much for all the kind words. So sweet of you.
Yes you are absolutely right... Prabha nani is their guardian... That's why their new mom is very kind and loving. No one can say that she is not their biological mom.
So I guess god is helping the children.
BTW thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
jess001 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Hi aprajita such a touching story. I'm here for you if you need anyone to talk to. Maybe your nani's spirit is resting in peace she maybe just came to look over her children an make sure they was safe. She may become they're guardian angel:) ❤
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Thankyou Sheetal so much!
Also thanks for understanding the feelings of my family members.
I was really waiting for your comment.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Hi, Aprajita... Your story brings tears in my eyes. I was just thinking How much pain your nani has gone through. May she'll Rest in Peace.

I know why your family kept mum about your nani's death. Back to 18 years it was hard to find justice for domestic violence. My mum told me one incident which took place nearly 18 to 19 years back where newly wed bride was beaten and force to jump in well because they didn't got adequate dowry. And the case become suicide.

And her father mother was unable to do anything. I know why your family has taken that decision.
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
Hey Dip1904... Thankyou for reading and commenting on my story.
Yes I know it was injustice to my nani. But my mothers family leaved it because of the two little daughters of my nani!
If their father was sentenced that time what would have happened to them... That's why!
BTW Thankyou for reading and appreciating my story.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
My condolences to such a noble soul facing such a sad demise. Please don't mind what I am about to say, I don't mean anything offending... Its just that if your mother's and nani's doubt is valid and that she didn't kill herself - I wonder what happens to the real culprit then... And if that person is still going free, is truly justice then served for your prabha nani?
Again, my prayers are with her. May her soul rest in peace.
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Thankyou sushantkar for reading and commenting on my story! Your comment is very precious.
Yes we also feel the same that she came after her daughters.
Thanks once again.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Hello Aprajita! My condolence to your nani. It is extremely unfortunate that she had to bear all kinds of tortures from her husband. Really, it was a heart touching and emotional story you have sheared with us. Off course, your nani came after her death because her duties was not yet completed as her daughters were unsecured.
Once again I extend my condolence to you nani may her soul rest in peace.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: