You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: On Hardwood Floor

Real Ghost Stories

On Hardwood Floor

 

I've moved into this house 3 months ago. My family and me all like it here. And of course first thing my mum asks is, "Do you think it's haunted?" Since I was a little girl, I've been seeing things I couldn't explain. I don't see them often, but I can say that I'm used to them by now. I'm now 21 and still very interested in the paranormal. My mum believes in the paranormal, but she doesn't like to admit it, so she always tries to debunk my experiences.

Anyway, I can't say there's anything wrong with this house, but I can't say there isn't either. Everything seemed calm until about a month ago. My room always feels... Crowded. Like when you can feel someone watching you, when you just know that there's someone or something in the room with you. Well like I said, I'm used to it, so I just ignore it.

Before I continue, let me ask. Have you ever heard the sound a dog makes when it's walking on hardwood floor? Well if you don't, it's like scratching, but multiple scratching sounds at once because of it's nails. With that said, I usually go to sleep around 4 am. At night is when I really have time to myself. So I stay up late a lot.

One night, just like any other, I got tired at around 4 and was getting ready to go to bed. My bed wasn't against any wall except for the back post; a bed right smack in the middle of a room is just creepy. So I got into bed, and turned off my lamp. I was getting comfortable, when I heard that same sound I talked about. It started on one side of my bed, and went around to the other. I followed it with my eyes even though I couldn't see anything in the dark. I thought about my dog immediately, but there was no way he could be in my room at 4am. Plus, I close my door every night. I turned on my lamp, and went to sleep.

The next day I told my mum what happened, and like every time, she tried to debunk it. She said that it was her. That she saw my lamp was on so she walked in my room to turn it off. But obviously it wasn't her because she would have come in after I heard the scratching, since that was the reason why I turned on my lamp.

I don't know what it was I heard, but I'm glad it didn't jump in bed with me and just stayed there. My bed is not against a wall in the corner, and I hope I don't hear it again, even if it is just a friendly ghost dog.

Other hauntings by ceciline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ceciline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ceciline (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
ifihadyoux-My dog is a big dog, so he sleeps in his doghouse in the garage. The doors were all locked for the night so no way it could've been him.
Wish-not-ill go read it right now, thanks.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
ceciline- I do know that sound well. Our dog makes that sound as well as one of our visitors. If you get the chance read "Sophie's Story" from my stories. Our guest mimics Sophie all the time.

Ours is completely harmless, well at this point. Ha. We figured it is just wanting some attention. And it usually gets it.

Thanks for sharing
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
Well you say you have a dog and I don't understand why you didn't think it was your dog. You said your dog wasn't in your room and your dog could have easily had to scratch or walk around out of boredom.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: