You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Shadow Man Is Back

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man Is Back

 

It's been a while since I posted anything on here; since I only had one experience whilst I was a child.

So the spirit/daemon/creature that I have deemed "The Shadow Man" has come back into my life.

Now before I say what has started happening I will explain a bit about what happened when I was a kid:

Basically when I was younger I had a spirit stalk me where ever I went. I always felt like I was being followed whenever I went outside when it was getting dark. I would always see it out the window but whenever I saw it it would run away. I believe that it increased my anger issue when I was a kid. To put it simply when I was younger I had anger issues that were never really tied to anything, I had a short temper but I don't remember doing as much as people said I did (throwing things at peoples head, trying to hit people with metal bats. Etc). Since I can remember I had anger issues and since I can remember I saw the Shadow Man following me and after a certain point I stopped seeing him and my anger issues subsided (sometime around the end of elementary school).

Just for those who want to know more here is my original post that explains it in more detail: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18081

Anyhow:

Now I believe it is back. About a month or so ago I felt extremely uncomfortable, I was at work around 8 and it was dark outside - I work at a fast food joint and don't usually have the later shifts - and I felt like something was watching me from outside the dining room windows (the dining room walls are pretty much all windows) and I kept feeling the need to look out the windows and look into the darkness of night. And for the second time in my life I was extremely uncomfortable in going out into the dark because I knew it was out there (Although I had to suck it up and throw out the garbage).

At the time I just ignored it and thought I was just paranoid for no reason but two weeks ago whilst I was in the morning shift before the store even opened I saw a black figure walking around in the dining room and by the time I went to check it out The Shadow Man was gone, the reason I knew it was him is because I got a better look at him then I usually did. After that I started getting scared. Now I thought hey, maybe it's just a mistake and maybe it was just my imagination.

Now I just learned that last night my mom woke up to a black figure (the way she described it matches the exact same thing I saw) standing near her bed and looking down at her and when she woke up it disappeared.

Now back when I was a kid it caused anger issues (from what I believe) and now as of late I have been feeling even more annoyed, angry, bitter, and hateful.

Now at the moment I am trying to tell myself that it is all in my head. But I was wondering what you guys thought and is there a way for me to get it out of my life? I am honestly scared to lose what's left of who I am, I already hate most people (I didn't when I was younger), there are times I don't feel emotions, and to be honest I don't value human life at all (I'm not a psychopath I just don't care about people at all and don't feel anything when people die around me). I still try to be nice and I still try and care for people but I have always felt like there was a part of me missing (A part of my soul? I'm agnostic so yeah). So what do you guys think? Anything will help.

Other hauntings by Emilio

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emilio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ResearcherOfShadows (6 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
What you have is a Familiar. It's a type of spirit/demon that follows you and learns about you very personally. They attach to you and often will talk to you. They themselves don't seem to harm you, however it's not uncommon for them to attempt to change/corrupt you with excessive anger/lust/selfishness/or depression.

I encountered the same thing starting when I was very young, about 7 years old (when I moved from California to Washington) until I was about 17 and got rid of it.

I had fits of rage from 6th to 9th grade that became increasingly violent. From about 7 years old I became increasingly hateful against everyone until I got rid of it.

Feel free to join my Discord where other researchers like myself can help give answers, and other people like yourself can share their experiences and get answers to their questions.
Https://discord.gg/awwasQW
gbeliever (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Thanks for sharing the story. I don't know much about these things, but still interested in the real experiences.
Emilio (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
Thanks for all the help guys and just to answer a few people and things:
[at] xoremy: Thanks, I looked up a few things and am thinking if this gets any worse to perform a smudging ceremony. I've always had more faith in Native American beliefs and Greek Mythology than I have had with Christianity or anything of that type.

[at] thedudebraski: Yeah I've always believed that things only work if you have faith in them.

[at] mrmonty: I have back when I was younger and none of them helped. My parents ended up always trying to find new therapists and such to get me help but it was all really worthless.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
Hello Emilio,
I just wanted to know if you had spoken to anyone professionally about your anger issues and lack of empathy. I not sure about the shadow man but it could be some type of manifestation of these issue. I am somewhat concerned about you but the fact you realize something is wrong is hopeful. I definitely feel you should talk with someone who is a professional or experienced in these type of things (maybe some type of healer). I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find your way to a brighter path.
thedudebraski (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
honestly man it sounds like you have something that it finds interesting... And it feeds off the anger it gives you, and for you too see it in the day time, and for it to be around your mom, it seems that it is getting closer to finding out what is so appealing to you... Don't go to religion for answers prayers will never help in my opinion... Consult a psychic or a witch doctor or someone like that because your situation could only get worse and very possibly violent... Good luck
jess001 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
It could be a demon of some sort that has attatched its self to you maybe wanting you to feel its emotions. To get rid of it you can say a few prayers, you can search them up on the internet.
eleiriel (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
But if its tampering with your emotions that's not good. Hope you find a way to protect yourself.
eleiriel (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Also it may be a guardian not all guardians are from the light.
eleiriel (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
That sucks. As for you saying you feel like you missing part of you soul. You might actually be missing a part of your soul. From what an energy healer told me it could be a entity's got so close to your spirit and you spirit split a piece of you off. Leaving a a different part of you on earth as you went through reincarnation or you could possibly have a twin flame too. I don't know just some ideas. Just something I've heard sometimes pieces of our soul split apart. I don't know if I helped at all. Hope you find a way to feel safe and protected. From whatever's following you.
Kitsune (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Hello Emilio,

I usually just read the stories here rather than post, but it sounds to me like you would really benefit from some help. I suggest you find someone who can do spirit release for you, as it is possible that you have a spirit attachment. There are people who have written books about this and various ones are available over the internet who will do distance spirit release, though you may be able to find someone reputable in your area of the world as well. Just do what you can first to make sure they are genuine. Please let us know how you get on, and take care.
xoremy (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Emilio your story is interesting to say the least and also that this has taken place in Washington. I know the feelings you get that you describe I have experienced these same feelings of fear and anger. My opinion is that what you are seeing and feeling is not in your head or imagining. The supernatural has many ways to influence the world as we know it. I know and believe what the rest of America would consider unbelievable. I believe your story because the native americans have a deep spiritual ties to the land of the United States. And being a member of tribe we hear and see things everyone else would dismiss as if we are crazy. I don't really share the stories that my family has endured, beacuse the stories are a lot more scary than almost ever story I have read or heard thus far and I don't think anyone would believe it if I told them. But there are ways to extinguish this spirit from your life. I think this spirit is a bad one because of its darkness and the way this spirit makes you feel. These spirits have the power to influence your thoughts and feelings, and the more powerful spirits can hurt you physically. I would recommend that you go out and purchase or find some sage or sweet grass. Us native americans use sage specifically to remove negative energy like spirits, entities, or ghosts whatever energy that is negative that you smoke. Do some research on sweet grass and sage that should work on getting rid of this shadow man and having a more fufilling life.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
no dear Emiloi, I think its quite mature of you to keep all options of opinion regarding solving this issue (like saying may be its something you're imagining, or may be its the real deal etc) ... Honestly, it can be an entity, and that it is not a malevolent one or it would have done something worse by now and since your mum has experienced it that refers that it is existing... And as gynethquinn said, it can be a guardian entity... However it's difficult to conclude without some expertise following the events detail by detail and also containing quite some knowledge in occult.

My opinion is that it can be an alternate imaginative ability (happens with me also don't worry its not being crazy or psycho... Its just a way of our mind) ... And may be this imagination crops up whenever you had anger issues... May be its something that crops up subconsciously in the form of a shadow or something that you can get to see by the corner of your eye...
Well in any case, I think you're safe and its a sense of a guardian thing...:) ... Let me know what you think by now. Take care buddy
gynethquinn (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-13)
I'm not religious of any kind but my teacher in highschool told me about the archangel gabriel. He helped me when I had an inhuman shadow figure paralized and tried to do something to me. And I always ask Gabriel Michael and my guardians to help me and protect me at night. It helped me a while back. You could try asking him for help or something. Hope that helps:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: