You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Swimming Pool At River Grove

Real Ghost Stories

Swimming Pool At River Grove

 

I would like to apologize, first for my English, although I live in Canada, my native language is Spanish, and second, I'm not really sure if I'm making a big deal out of this experience and there is a perfectly logical explanation to it.

I am a true believer of ghosts, having experienced few odd things throughout the years, mainly seeing "things" over the corner of my eye, feelings, dreams, one night I had a sleep paralysis episode... Stuff like that, but the one I'm going to write about is so odd and strange that I would really like to share with you and hear your opinion.

I usually go swimming at the community center near my house (Meadowvale), but it closed for renovations this past fall so I had to go to the River Grove CC; which is bit further and had been remodelled earlier this same year. River Grove has an "Olympic swimming pool" with 6 lines. The two on each side are used for classes and the two in the middle are "adult lines", the lines are clearly marked by floating dividers and to go pass them you have to dive beneath them, the adult lines are for swimmers that can swim the length of the pool. The way it is organized is that you either swim behind a person, or you wait for the oncoming person to reach the end of the pool before you go, (to avoid clashing in the middle of the pool), the changing rooms are about 30 steps from the nearest pool stair (exit) and there are only two stairs at the deep end of the pool, this is an indoor swimming pool (winter in Canada, ha!)

We were about six-eight adults between the two adult lines, few ladies, some guys, and since I'm a girl,;-) I really took notice of the ladies swimming suits. One lady had a grey with white stripes, another one had a purple cap, etc. (got the idea), anyway, after 20 minutes or so, I was at the end of the shallow side of the pool and noticed the purple cap lady was swimming towards me, I was looking at her as I was waiting for her to reach the end of the pool so I could take my turn and go, I could see her purple cap going... Up-down, up-down, the water was actually moving as she was coming towards me, she must have been five or six strokes from reaching my end when...nothing...!, the water went still (calmed) and no cap to be found!, I was baffled!, waited for about two seconds and swam in her direction thinking that she may be in trouble, maybe she got a cramp or something?, looked under the water, looked at the other lines, outside at the edge of the pool, nada!, zero lady with purple cap!

The fact is, she couldn't have left the pool in such short period of time, I looked at the other lines and like I said, there were really few adults, lots of kids, but only ten or so adults, the instructors had a "lifeguard" shirt, the parents were in the viewing area, the stairs were at the other end of the pool, the only exit, the changing rooms are within minutes reach, how could she disappear in five seconds?, besides, it was so odd, who leaves the pool in the middle of a stroll?, this happened to me last week and it bothers me a great deal. I tried looking if there had been any drowning but couldn't find anything. I just really don't know what happened.

Other hauntings by csofia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csofia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

csofia (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Hi TinaA.-Thank you,:)
3nj0y.-Hey neighbour!, I work in Etobicoke so we are definitely very close, what school is the one you mention?, and yes, sometimes things happen and institutions try to cover them up, specially public places like the community centers or schools because, honestly, if you know it's haunted, who would want to go?, (me! LOL), anyway, thank you all, keep you posted!:D
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Hey Sofia,
Its a very interesting experience.
But,its hard to make it up who the lady was and where she vanished. May be that was the spirit of a lady... Who knows...
And let me tell you one more thing... That your english is very good... 😊
Thanks to share. Do write if you get to know anything about her or the history of that pool that relates her.
3nj0y (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
Hey there:), we are neighbours! I live in nearby Brampton, I looked up drowning incidents there but found nothing on this place, then again some things never reach the media. Maybe ask staff if anything ever happened there? I used to swim at a haunted recreation centre out where my middle school was, turned out a man jumped from the diving board in the 60's and hit his head fatally, after dark the guy turns showers in the change rooms on and off, plays with lights and knocks on glass.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
csofia,
Yeah, I don't know what happened either. I've never read if something as strange as this. I don't want to call it a ghost. But what other possibilities are there? Was ther any drowning a in that place in the past?
I agree with wish-not, go back and see if she shows up again, and don't be too nosy but maybe you can ask around about her.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
Hey, csofia really a weird experience you had. I am agree with dok25 If the area is surveillance by CCTV then you must take a look of that probably you can find your answer.

Regards,
dok25 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
Are there any cameras watching the pool, it should be interesting to see what they recorded on the day you were swimming.
csofia (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
Thanks for the comments, yeah, weird indeed!, I'm more like an occasional swimmer but I intend to go back over Christmas break (When I have more time) and check if I see her again, I might even ask if something strange has ever been reported (I'm sure the staff will look at me like a weirdo), 😭

Jwarren.-This is the super strange part, I didn't took my eyes from her, not for a second, I was just waiting for her to get bit closer so I can take the line, 😕 Anyway, I know it is very strange, promise will come back to post if I hear anything or see her again. Thanks:)
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
Was this a situation where you looked away for a moment and then she was gone when you looked back? Or did she just dissapear while you were watching? Very Strange.

I am guessing you would have mentioned it, but did you ask anybody else there at the pool if they had seen her?

Thanks for sharing!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
I would also repeat the same what ifihadyoux & Wish-Not had said. Its really weird.

Regards
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
csofia- Yep, that's a weird one. All I can say is even though it's farther to drive to, go back and see if she will show up again. Shouldn't be too many purple caps. She may be a regular.

Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
I got nothing for you honestly. That was super weird. I hope you find out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: