You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strange Occurrences While I'm Sleeping

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurrences While I'm Sleeping

 

This story may seem strange and I apologize if I'm not using perfect grammar as it is very late at night. I've been having weird things happen to me while I sleep and I can't explain it.

The first time this occurred was when I was up in the afternoon and I hadn't slept all night I decided it would be nice to lay down and take a nap. I had a strange dream that led to me lying in bed and I was holding someone\'s hand but I couldn't see anyone there and that's when I suddenly heard a gurgling noise in my left ear and a tingling sensation went over my entire body that woke me up but I couldn't open my eyes. I was laying there, my heart was racing, and I felt like I had to force myself to try and move and finally I broke free. I was terrified and had to walk out of the room for a bit to collect my thoughts on what had just happened but I just shook it off as nothing.

The second time this happened was in the same room (My room) and I was lying in bed dreaming about another odd dream where I was lying in a big, queen sized bed and I heard this deep voice say "You want some company?" and this strange creature crawled up on the bed with me in an extremely horrifying way and suddenly I heard what sounded like the voice of a little girl and that's when I woke up to my entire body tingling for the second time and what felt like something was lifting me up and dropping me on my bed over and over... I was able to get one word just barely out of my mouth... I said "Stop." and it stopped all of the sudden and that's when I could move again. I had to get out of my room fast because I didn't want to sleep in my bed, nor did I want to stay in my room. This is when I knew something weird was happening and I had to tell someone.

I'm sorry if the story seems rushed but like I said it's very late and I'm extremely tired. I would appreciate feedback to explain what this is and why it is happening to me lately. Thank you.

Other hauntings by MrOmNom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrOmNom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-20)
MrOmNom, very odd indeed! There could be medical reasons for that tingling sensation you feel. In the medical field that tingling sensation has a name: paesthesia. Typically it involves a sensory nerve, and there are many causes for it. They range from damage (pinched nerve), pressure, to signs of a disease like neuropathy, diabetes, MS. If you haven't been to a doctor in awhile, or one of those disorders is prevalent in your family, it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. Seriously, one of the symptoms for diabetes can be feeling tired all the time, along with paethesia. Far better to be safe and have the medical stuff ruled out, especially if the tingling keeps happening or increases in frequency.
Perhaps what you experienced was a type of sleep-walking episode. I'm assuming you meant you woke up standing at the door like in your 'dream'? Even though technically we're 'asleep', our minds and senses still record everything. So you 'dreamed' you were getting up, but in reality you were. Does that make sense? And, yeah, any normal person would have been freaked out by this.
MrOmNom (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-20)
valkricry,
This will be a bit long so be prepared.
This was in Alabama as I was visiting a family member. I had been sleeping on the living room couch when I was woken up by my family who had got up and started cooking breakfast. I was tired so I decided to get up and go sleep on a bed and the room I had choose was a room I'd never been in before.

I went into this room and it was cold and cluttered with stuff but I ignored it and went to sleep on the bed. I dreamed about the usual strange things that tend to happen in dreams when I was woken up by a tingling sensation that went down my back. I can confirm that I literally felt that sensation go down my spine and it was very real. My body suddenly got up on it's own and started getting up out of bed (The feeling of having your body move like that is very strange) My body started walking itself to the door and was about to open it before I woke up. I woke up in the exact same position that my body was at in the "dream" and I was surprised because that didn't feel like a dream at all because it was too real. I sat and and shivered from fear I suppose and I ran out of the room with no hesitation.

That is basically it... What do you think?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Of course I'd like to hear it! Especially if you think it may be somehow connected to what you are experiencing now.
MrOmNom (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
valkricry,
You honestly have a point with that... And that could be my issue. Although I do have something else that was odd that happened prior to these events in another house that was also very strange that I didn't mention in the story if you'd like to hear it.
It could still be what you say it is but I just thought I'd share that little bit of info.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
MrOmNom,
I noticed that several times (in your account and in comments) you mentioned being very tired. Prior to the onset of these weird dreams, was there a change in your sleep pattern or life style? Sometimes when our minds are over tired, they can manifest some of the oddest, 'real-feeling' dreams. Even hallucinations. It can even cause a type of sleep-paralysis, simply because the mind/body is not rested enough to move. Not that long ago, I was working 60+ hours a week and attending college full time, and I know I had some real dillies of dreams. Sometimes, it would take me awhile to realize it was a dream even, because they were so real. Now, here's the kicker, I had been doing all those things (working/school) for well over a year when I started having the dreams. It simply took that long for everything to build up to that point. Does this fit into your scenario somehow?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
I can't speak for everyone but I am sure no one was calling you specifically immature, Sam.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Okay woah woah woah, wait a minute a minute, I just realized something. I just re-read all the comments. You guys better not calling me immature because of my comments under this story. I if was immature I would of came right out and wrote it clear as ice what I thought right there on my first comment. And I am not immature about that type of thing, I don't joke or anything about you know what (g/v hd) that kind of stuff is not something to be immature about. If that's what you guys are saying.
MrOmNom (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
elnoraemily,
I haven't thought about doing any blessings but I could give something like that a try if this gets worse.

I believe I know what Sam is getting at now and I didn't originally because I posted my recent comments on another late night. I do not believe it is anything like that.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
miracles or Badjuju,
Okay yeah you know what, would like to request that you remove my at least second comment posted under this story Comments under this story, because I do think everyone gets it now, and I'm not TRYING to flog a dead horse, but yeah, please remove them, I don't think it needs to be here anymore, if MrOmNom wants info he can ask privately by email from anyone or use the internet. Thank you.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
MrOm, have you thought about doing some form of blessing in the house, or at least that room?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
LOL well good! And yeah I did read this but my comment was going to be like Sam's and no offense to Sam, but I didn't comment for the exact reason that I know people were going to be like "Ifi shut up". >_> So I just saved people some typing... But I did think like that.

And yeah age doesn't matter. I've seen immature and mature 13 year olds and I've seen immature and mature 50 year olds.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
if - not going to kill you LOL We know there's a big difference in thinking and being vocal 😆 and that there's a difference in knowing when to say something and when not too. Guess that comes with maturity, huh? 😉 I'm under the firm impression that age has absolutely nothing to with being mature 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Sam...
Miracles knows what you're implying. Everyone knows what you're implying. We get it. You're beating a dead horse.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
I mean, I kind of thought the same thing as Sam though because the site has banned those types of stories cause of all the submissions and the story COULD apply to being that kind without actually saying it... Just stating my opinion -dontkillmemiraclesistillloveyou-
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Miracles51031,
That's why I wasn't going to tell him in the first place, but he asked and I didn't want to come right out and say it, because I shouldn't have too. But you do know what I'm talking about right?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Sam - regardless whether or not MrOmNom puts two and two together and comes up with what you are insinuating, we do not want conversation headed in that direction. You don't need to be any clearer in what you are trying to get across. We'll be watching this story and if the comments lead there, they'll be deleted.

I'm sure MrOmNom would have indicated there was something else going on, if it had been. And if that had been the case, this story would have been returned because our submissions guidelines specifically state we no longer accept stories of that nature. You understand what I'm getting at? 😐
MrOmNom (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
elnoraemily,
I have been pretty relaxed lately and I'm not doing anything that I haven't in the past. I couldn't really tell you why this is happening as I haven't the faintest idea.
MrOmNom (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Sam222,
I can't really say that I do have an idea at the moment. I know you don't want to share your idea but I'd honestly really like to hear your opinion.
NuckChorris (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
I have had the same thing where I try to forcefully open my eyes but can't then move but feel to weak. I just put it down to being half asleep but I never had those dreams. It is really strange hopefully it stops after you told it to. Similar things have happened to my family but I don't feel comfortable saying them but saying stop should make it go away from the experiences my family have had.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Typically, sleep paralysis has a very natural cause- hormones and chemicals in your brain. There are other influences to it, however, such as stress.

Before going into any paranormal explanation, have you been stressed, gotten on any sort of new medications, drinks or food habits or changed a daily routine?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
MrOmNom,
Yeah that's really weird, I've never experienced sleep paralysis, and nor do I want to, but that second part you told us about, the thing that said "you want some company?", then you said it sounded like a girl, I mean I'm not going to say anything about that but really think hard about what that could have been cause I got an idea, I'm just not going to share it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: