You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija

 

Everything started one year ago. Since then strange things have happened in our house a lot of times and it's getting weirder and weirder. Neither my sister nor me can explain what's going on but let's start from the beginning.

Ok so around five years ago my family moved into that big, old house on top of a hill, with a nice neighbourhood but a bit outside of town. We had a great time there, a lot of good memories. I think it was around one year ago when my little sister had one of her friends over for the night and we were in the mood to do some strange and scary things.

We started by exploring the attic, then the cellar, until someone had the idea to draw a Ouija board on a bit of cardboard. While my sister\'s friend was on the toilet we decided to prank her. We even prepared a question and a sentence which were scary enough to freak someone out who had no idea of our plan. When my sister\'s friend came back we placed a coaster (we weren't professional at all) on the self-made Ouija board and everyone put their fingers on it. We agreed that everybody should ask a question in turns and I was the one who started. I began with a casual question, asking if there was someone with us in the room. I could feel the coaster moving under my fingertips to the "yes" field. I looked up and grinned at my sister, while her friend was excitedly asking the next question. And so it went on. After a few rounds we got bored so I asked the question me and my sister agreed on just to bring a bit more tension into the game. "What can you tell us about the future?" For a few minutes the coaster laid still, then it started moving and formed the sentence:" The death lurks in room ten" That was the moment when my sisters friend freaked out, like it was planned and we all decided to leave it at that point. We put the cardboard in the garbage and the coaster back in the drawer and went to watch a movie.

Later that night my sister\'s friend woke up and started crying. We couldn't calm her down so her mother had to pick her up at three in the morning. Our parents asked us what had happened and we told them about that Ouija board thing but reassured them that it was just a prank. Our parents were angry at us but left it there because my grandma was over for the weekend and we didn't want to wake her up. So we all went back to sleep.

The next morning I was aroused by my mum coming into my room and shaking me. I was barely awake when she told me and my sister that we had to be brave and strong because our grandma had died last night. Apparently she had had a heart attack while we were asleep.

I mean things like this happen all the time but the weird thing was that she slept in our guestroom and if you started counting the exact number of that room was number ten. The other weird thing was that my sister and I agreed on a different sentence. It was something like: "I'll come and get you" I can't really remember. And when I talked to her after that night she said that she never moved the coaster and thought that I was moving it around the whole time, while I wasn't...

Like I said since that night weird things have happened the whole time and I'm a bit scared. I've read about people playing around with Ouija boards calling ghosts and demons who possessed and haunted their houses for years because they didn't finish the ritual properly. It would be great if someone can give me advice. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Okayyouthere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I can see it now...

A large, horned demon with red firey eyes manifests on a tv screen... In one hand he holds a Ouija Board, in his other the Planchette (the pointer). Be looks directly at anyone looking at the tv screen and says..."My name is ZoZo, I'm a demon... Got Ouija?"

Sorry had to get that image out of my head. ZoZo is a recent phenomenon that has worked its way into Ouija Mythology. Yes there is evidence, based on literature, that speaks of a demon or evil spirit whose name either sounds like or can. Be shortened to ZoZo... I have a problem with that...

It has been my experience that when you know a spirits TRUE NAME it gives an individual certain power or control over it. So if ZoZo was a real demon it would never use its real name... Nor nicknames that may lead humans to figure out its true name.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Shadow_moon1: in case you wonder why your comment generated such a reaction, I would suggest for you to read all the Zozo stories in this forum... And don't forget to read the comments, you'll sure get a good laugh.

Yeah, 'playing' with a WB is not a good idea, but being afraid of Zozo is plain stupid. 😆 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I just almost died because of the response to that comment, Wish-Not.

Literally, I was trying to drink water and laughing does not mix with that.

Oh lordy lord.

I'm fine. I promise.

Anyhow.

Right. Comment. Logical comment.

I agree with what newhunter pointed out. Have you been experiencing activity or have you just had a few noises that are not much? It is a bit strange that you would find it scary at first and then it's not big deal a while later.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH wish not stop it you are killing meeeeeeee 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Thank you Wish Not. You saved me the trouble of trying to string words together on the subject. 😆
I'm just going to go sit in the corner with a bottle of cough syrup and pray a sequel isn't in the works.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
OOOH NOOOO, NOT ZOZO AGAIN! Haven't we been through this before? Sigh...
Shadow_moon1 (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
You shouldn't play with the Ouija board at all. Once you play the game, your opening a door/portal for spirits and other things to come talk to you. And they could even harm you and your love ones. Even though you said your Ouija was homemade it isn't still good to play. There are also some demons or spirits that haunts Oujia boards and can always come to talk to you. For an example: Zozo is believed to be an ancient evil spirit/demon and he can come through a Ouija board and talk to you and sexually harm you. If you want to know more about Zozo you can research articles/stories about him or watch "Ghost Adventures - Zozo demon".
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-22)
Okay you stated this in one of you responses

"I also know that it might be just our counting and the number of the room would probably be a different one, if we were counting in a different way, but to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence...
Since then nothing special has happened, just weird noses in the middle of the night, but that's all. "

My issue with believing this story is this, in the end of your story you give us a completely different idea of what's going on by stating

"Like I said since that night weird things have happened the whole time and I'm a bit scared",

So which is it? Is there nothing really happening or is there weird things happening all the time. If you would be so kind to shed light on this I would appreciate it.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Ouija...!
Its the worst method of communicating with spirits. Every story about Ouija I came across has certainly a scary ending. Its indeed not a fun thing to try out something scary like this. It demands your life or may be worst than that. So, its better we stay away from such stuff.
Well., okayyouthere, thanks to share this experience.
God bless:-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Ok first and formost Ouija is not a GAME...

Second...the reason it works is that the energy given off by those using the board is focused... Most of the time focused on contacting a random spirit or entity.

Thrid...There are methods that can be used to shield oneself and set up the board so that what ever is contacted may only communicate via the board... And not cross over into the physical... Most homemade and store bought boards DO NOT have these precautions built into them.

Thats my two cents.

Respectfully,

Rook
Okayyouthere (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Hey everyone,
First of all thanks for the tips and I know that it was a bad idea using a ouija board but at that point of my life I was totally uninformed and thought that it was just fun. I'm not planning on using it ever again.
I also know that it might be just our counting and the number of the room would probably be a different one, if we were counting in a different way, but to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence...
Since then nothing special has happened, just weird noses in the middle of the night, but that's all.
If something should happen I'll write about it though!
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Ifihadyoux - I agree with your first post and was thinking the same. Hopefully someone would not submit a story outlining the death of a loved one for kicks... Well, I hope not;)

Okay- yes, did you ever ring out what woke her in the middle of the night? It had to be pretty serious if she insisted for her mother to get up out of bed, get dressed and drive all the way there to pick her up. I know my mom would not have been happy about that, unless I was truly petrified!

Look forward to your responses.
Hope nothing too serious is going On. Keep us posted.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
OKayyouthere,

Did you ever find out what it was that caused your sister's friend to wake up so inconsolably upset in the middle of the night?

I have to wonder if she had also decided to prank the two of you and that's who was moving the coaster... Especially since well-timed dark-of-night hysterics would certainly cement the mood and make an impression. Could she have been carrying on the joke?

Otherwise, I wonder if she had somehow sensed your grandmother's passing. Perhaps she happened to be the most sensitive person in the building and so had received some sort of sighting, visitation, or premonition, maybe in the form of a dream. If so, that would seem to have nothing whatever to do with the board. I would think that to really understand what happened that night, you'd need to get the friend's side of the story.

Condolences on the loss of your grandmother. I'm sure that was very hard for your whole family.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Jynn, you can post immediate family member stories. I have an Ouija one up from my dad. I'll look forward to reading that one when it's submitted!

I've always wondered what about them makes them so horrible. My dad obviously had a mighty experience with one. I think a lot of it is power of suggestion, but that only explains so much.
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
I've always been curious about why and how Ouija boards in particular have come to have such a terrible reputation. What is it about them, even crudely-made ones which makes them so powerful? Does anyone know?

Not that I have any intention of touching one, ever. Even as a skeptic, those things have always scared the bejeezus out of me.

My daughter had an experience with one a few years ago in a very old house she and some friends were renting while in college. I wish I'd known her friends were planning on playing around with it or I'd have told her in no uncertain terms to stop them... But peer pressure and curiosity being what they were, she joined in. They got some semi-creepy answers and she says the house was never the same after that, with all sorts of weird things going on. If I could remember the details, I'd post the story. That's still within guidelines, right? Being an immediate family member? I might ask her again someday.

Anyway, luckily they only had a couple of months left on their lease at that point before high-tailing it out of there, personally none the worse for wear. But I do wonder about the house and whether the owners were in for a bad time once they moved back in.
DaBuddaKing (1 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
DONT USE THAT STUFFFFFFFFFF. Dont joke around that stuff could get you killed dude I say pack up move out and get out of that area if that thing follows you get priest after preist. Your welcome
amyrivera77 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Honey you invited something in your house, and it will probably stay there. It is most likely bad, as good spirits and angels don't attempt to scare people. I would recommend getting a priest or someone to come cleanse your house. Whatever your faith calls for. And pray to God that He protect you.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
If you want a good reason to not use a board, just look at the hundreds of stories that address it on this site.

I agree with Miracles- there are many different ways to come to the number ten, depending on where in the house you happen to be standing. Even on a blue print, you can go different directions with it.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
I agree with Miracles. That was my first thought as well when you mentioned her room being #10. Sometimes our minds can trick us as long as we allow it to.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Yes, miracles is correct. But still. DON'T USE OUIJA! It still stays very dangerous.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Okayyouthere - although I don't know the layout of your home, I still think it's safe to say if you counted the rooms in a different pattern, another room would be 10. Let's say you started on the main floor when you counted. What if, instead, you started with the attic? Or the cellar (is that even considered a room?). Or maybe count all the rooms down one side and back up the other. There are many different ways of arriving at room number 10, some of which would make that room a different number.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
anddddddddd SPOOKIE PROVED MY POINT lol. Welcome back spookie!
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Heyyyy everyone I'm back! And I'm the one that's going to lecture you, sorry

Please don't do this again, you never know what you might come across, it can really be very dangerous if you contacted some evil spirirt. I really hope that this was just a crazy coincidence for your part. Don't do this again please.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
First and foremost I would like to put it out there that a lot of ouija board stories have been coming up lately and people are going to question the authenticity of this story. Just warning you.

Second, with the first mention being stated, I am not sure if you have read any stories prior to posting your own, but there are numerous stories on here and several comments about NOT USING THIS BOARD WHATSOEVER, regardless if you made it yourself or bought it, it's a big no no. I will not lecture you about the dangers of it for I am sure a] someone else will, b] there are comments on these stories that do and c] you can look it up. They are not toys to be taken lightly.

And lastly, if you seriously have ghosts in the house can you provide more information? Do you feel threatened or is it a calming feeling? Has more stuff been happening? Details please. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: