You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Ghost Was Thirsty

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Was Thirsty

 

As I said in my other Story, I volunteer at a Civil War museum that has a lot of activity and is a pretty old building. They open up the building for Ghost Hunts and being friendly with the person in charge of arranging these hunts I go to almost everyone.

I do civil war re-enacting and for the last one I bought along most of my uniform. Jacket, Kepi, Pants, Brogans, Belt, and Canteen. I greeted the Ghost Hunters then when their entire group arrived I went and changed into my uniform. I stuck with one of the Professionals and didn't get anything too different from the previous hunts.

Then when we were in one of the display rooms on the first floors we were getting some responses on the 360 and periscope. Then it died down. As we were standing in the room chatting I had my left hand on my canteen with my thumb through the metal loop on the cork. I do this because it's comfortable and it ensures my cork is on so I don't spill my water [which sucks when you're indoors or its cold out].

As I'm standing there like that I feel my canteen start to vibrate. Just like a cell phone would vibrate but no pauses between vibrations [No, I didn't have my cell phone on me or anything modern except for my wrist watch in my pocket]. I tell the pros I'm with and when one went to feel my canteen he immediately pulled his hand away and said "There's a mild electric shock coming off it". The other guy puts his hand near my canteen and confirms it.

I then took my canteen off hold it up and shake what little water I have in it and say "I have a little water in my canteen I'll be happy share with you comrade". I walked up to a display case and put it on. Then the 360 & periscope light up after I moved away like someone walked around the display cases to get a drink.

The spirit lit up the 360 when we asked it questions for a few minutes. Then when it was our turn to switch areas, I picked up my canteen and started to walk out and the periscope lit up behind me like the spirit was following the canteen. I said "I have to take the canteen comrade. There might be people in the other room that want a drink too".

The last thing that I experienced during the night was when we were in another display room; we had talked to a spirit at the last event who said he wanted pipe tobacco. I had a pipe, pipe tobacco, and period matches by one 360 and my canteen by another 360. We weren't getting anything and right before the ghost hunt was supposed to end I said "We have to go soon, I made a special trip for your pipe tobacco. Could you light up the light by the tobacco just to let us know you're here"? With that both lights [the one by the canteen and tobacco, on different sides of the room] lit up the exact same time.

Other hauntings by RebelRaider

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RebelRaider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
Loved your story. And he interacted with you! Both of you guys handled it well. Great story.
JustBryan (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I enjoyed this story due to kind nature and open way that you communicated with the spirits. 😊
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Wow, this is really cool! I'd be curious to see the videos. I like how you handled the situations.
RebelRaider (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
The 360 & Perisoce are devices with different colored LED lights that light up depending how much energy is around it. Living people usually can only make one or two lights light up with there hands on it. To make them fully light up it takes a considerable amount of energy.

Glade you guys find it interesting 😁
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
lol, Wish-not, My only knowledge of a 360 is an Xbox game console and a periscope is used to view the surface from a sub... Since my mind put those things into the story, I was confused for about ten seconds there. I would also really love to know what he is talking about with these things.

My only problem with most ghost hunting equipment a lot of groups use is how easy it is to manipulate. Some are so sensitive that turning on a flashlight, getting a text message or pushing a button a phone or walkie talkie will make them go crazy. A few popular ghost shows have been caught faking it that way, so I am always a bit skeptical about spirits talking through light-up equipment.

That being said, it was a fantastic story and a great read. The canteen vibrating was really, really interesting.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
RevelRaider- That was cool however your going to have to explain to me/us what the "360" and "periscope" are. Sorry, just not well versed in some of these gadgets.

Great experiences though!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
that is so cool. I don't have anything to say other than it being cool.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: