You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: There Is A Lot Of Sadness In Your Life

Real Ghost Stories

There Is A Lot Of Sadness In Your Life

 

So Hey you all, this event happened to me during my first year of college away from home. Important background: So this happened almost a full year ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. Around the time that I left for school I had decided to come out of the closet as bi, I haven't told my parents or anybody outside of my closest friends so it really upset and shocked them. So for the months in between my deliverance from hiding myself, I know my parents must have been very distraught because their oldest child made a defining statement without their knowledge. More background knowledge. I used to spend time with my friends at his apartment and so he had 3 roommates, to conceal identities: my initial friend B, his roommate from Ecuador AL, his roommate who I never seen before because a recluse and the concerning roommate RY. I have been over this apartment many of times to study with B but on this eventful night B was gone and I was spending time with Al, RY, and one of Al's foreign friends.

So after some drinking and smoking, yes this is college and also I have drank/smoke together plenty of times before this event so I HIGHLY disregard the fact that I was hallucinating, it just doesn't happen to me, I was sitting on the floor with Al, RY and foreign friend. At this point RY seemed quite intoxicated because he would not stop blabbering about some girl he could have gotten with and he just keeps repeating himself slurring and all. Al and his friend were sitting across from each other (to my left and right) and RY was sitting across from me when both of them just so happen to pass out.

I was playing with a deflated balloon that had some fluorescent paint on it that made it a glowing baby blue and I threw it at Al's head which should have made it bounce away from him. I ask RY if he has any food and he gives me some carrots and cheerios (lol) and I proceed to retake my place in the bean bag chair across from him. I then notice that the balloon that I was playing with was in the dead centre of Al's doorway spinning, with the twisted end facing the ceiling and it was spinning in one place and you could tell it was moving because of the twist. I ask RY what is going on and he said it was probably the wind, but it\'s in the winter why would the back door be open if I Just closed it after smoking a cigarette outside.

I disregard the balloon and begin to devour the mound of cheerios on my plate. Out of nowhere I hear the paper plate smack, as if you were to take two of them and clap them together, and all of the cheerios flew out of my lap towards RY, and this is when I begin to panic. I start screaming at Al and his friend but both of them were passed out unconscious and that just leaves me and RY.

At this point RY is very calm and very serious faced, despite being cross intoxicated and he proceeds to tell me that "stuff like this typically happens wherever I go." and "Spirits tend to follow me around." This is where I get very anxious because since I watch enough discovery channel/ sci-fi I have learned that physical aggression or things getting knocked over was a warning sign or just a serious attempt to grab my attention. I tell him "well that means I should leave right?" (After diagnosing the situation as an attack) And he says "no I think you should stay, There is a lot of sadness going on in your life right now..." and that is all I remember of him telling me before I bolted out of the apartment. All this time both Al and his friend are stone cold knocked out and RY is being very calm and not to mention Pale than ever before. He didn't even get up to walk me to the door nor did he come lock it after I left.

After this night I began to talk to my friends about it and each person that knew who RY was told me something different about him: "Oh he's got an Ouija board in his room" "I saw him cross the forest road at 3AM by himself and my house isn't even on campus." The stories just added up and at this point I wish I could go back and learn what he was maybe trying to warn me about. Following the night I also saw him EVERYWHERE I went on campus, although my campus was about 4800 strong it\'s still very suspicious if you see the same guy in the gym, cafeteria, and on campus whenever you look up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rogerjrlover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sacul001 (4 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-03-13)
Sounds like ry smacked yer cherrios. May want to find better friends
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
Had to re-read this a bit, and can't see that ANYTHING happened. Kids got drunk and stoned, and of course we all can handel these things and never overdo it, yes? I've said the same words, before coming to amazing conclusions. So I'm thinking maybe this was... Kids got drunk and stoned. And actualy everything you've said is perception, right, you haven't actually described anything like a paranormal happening. A balloon floating when you threw it. Mmm. But I agree with Trikedeka, that guy sounded on the mucho make-o. And spirit is Latin and literaly means a pure energy existing by itself. Alcoholic beverages move around in the glass by themselves from the alcohol and water turning as the alcohol evaporates. It was thought to have energy or "spirited".
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I agree with Elnora about the potential stalking. I see that as a huge red flag, especially since as a roommate's friend but not your friend, he was so keen on you staying, and noted your sadness. He may have been *interested* in his roommate's bi friend and was about to use your vulnerability and drunkenness as his "in". Just a thought.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I appreciate your rebuttal. I hope you know that we are not trying to shoot down what you experienced, but to give other options and our own opinions instead, which can be heard to do when it's all based on just reading.

I was thinking as I was reading that he was a little off. If he is messing with a Ouija board, keeping your distance is probably a good idea. Even though I am a skeptic, there are some things that I don't mess with and that board is one of them.

I think, maybe, since this experience unnerved you and so does he, a self-blessing would probably be a nice idea, even if it just secures some mental security about it.

Also, be careful. If he has been wandering near your house and near you, make sure that you don't actually have a stalker. If he is a little "off" and always seems to pop up near you, please be careful and take all the precautions that you can in that circumstance.

I can definitely empathize on a personal level with what you were going through before this experience and I hope that acceptance and happiness come to you from all directions in your life.
rogerjrlover (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I appreciate all the feedback. Haha this sure could have been a great venting tool if it were intended for that!

-i know that you are all being sincere but here are some key rebuttals:
1) the boy who was sitting across from me was NOT my friend in any way. He was my friends roomate who literally everyone on campus thought was a little off.
2) Not trying to sound obnoxious or ignorant but I really can handle my liquor. More often than not I barely get drunk only a little buzzed and the only way you would have proof of this is if we had a drink. I'm just saying some was consumed I was not beligerent -i remembered every last detail- no blackouts, in fact I feel like I sobered up when it all happened because I literally was scared for my life, enough for me to start crying. Extra B.S info: I am a very athletic student who really isn't scared by much let alone horror films/shows etc so the "real deal" terrified me.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I don't comment that much, just because I don't feel I know as much about a lot of these types of things as some of the other members. But about your friend stating that "there was a lot of sadness in your life," some people are just more empathic towards others and have a stronger ability to sense how someone is feeling at a certain time in their life. You mentioned at the beginning of your story that you came out during your first year of college. I understand that for many who make that decision to let others know their sexual orientation, they face the potential criticism and possible rejection from family members and friends which can be a stressor in and of itself. Your friend may have been able to pick up on those feelings of stress from you and felt comfortable enough telling you that he felt you were dealing with a lot of sadness. I know this can be a sensitive subject for some, but that is my personal opinion about why he may have said that to you.

As for the alcohol consumption, there are times when I have drank only one or two beers and my arms felt numb and tingly and my head felt fuzzy, for lack of a better word. I was still able to fully comprehend all of my surroundings and carry on like normal, but I could tell that my reaction time was a little slower than usual and that the amount of time it usually took for me to think something through and form a sentence or statement was just a tiny bit slower. To me, it's more like a feeling of being extremely relaxed and not anxious or worried about things.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
An essential description of why alcohol is called spirits is mostly because of how it was made- the vapor that rose off of it and the separation from the whole.

Spirits is actually very specific to alcohol with no added sugar and more than a 20% alcohol volume.

It also comes from an Arabic word for "body-eating spirit", signifying the numbness and loss of control that happens when intoxicated.

It does not mean that alcohol is a key to the world of spirits.

I agree with Miracles on the Witching Hour. 3 AM is supposedly the hour of demons because people think Jesus died at 3 PM and demons would want to do the exact opposite of that. But what time zone was it 3 PM in? And according to the Jewish clock at that time, it is likely he died in the evening and not at 3 PM. Romans liked people to suffer for hours (the entire point of crucifixion), so by the time they would stab you to hurry it along, hours and hours would have passed. Hollywood is mainly responsible for people thinking a certain time influences spiritual encounters, when really, if you think about it, that makes little sense.

A warm feeling is a main side effect of alcohol. This is why drinking when it's cold outside can actually be deadly- it tricks you into thinking you are warmer than you are. If you had looked in the mirror at that point in time, you probably would have been flushed. Marijuana can also give you that light headed feeling.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
One more thing about the Time Zones, just to make my point. You list Illinois on your profile, so I assume that's where you live. I live in Ohio. There is only one state between us, yet you are an hour behind me. So when it was the Witching Hour at your home, it wasn't at mine 😊 And one of our other mods (zzsgranny), is 2 hours behind you so the infamous Witching Hour hadn't even occurred yet at her home 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
rogerjrlover - okay, because you asked a question I thought probably everyone knew at least one answer to, I Googled so I could provide you with more than my response to why liquor is called spirits. Here you go: http://www.drinkinginamerica.com/why-do-we-call-liquor-spirits/

I realize "ghoul" is listed, but seriously? I don't think that ghosts have anything to do with what's in a liquor bottle.

As for the witching hour, here we go again. I can't do it as well as one of our other members, Rook, does but I'll make it short and sweet. The witching hour is a product of Hollywood. Years ago, when I was young, Midnight was the witching hour when all things go bump in the night. Hollywood has decided, in their infinite wisdom, to up that to 3:00 am. That's all well and good except when you take Time Zones into consideration. When it's 3:00 am your time, it could be 2:00 am or 4:00 am in the next Time Zone. That doesn't even take into consideration out of the States. So, don't take the Witching Hour to heart. It's just a money maker 😆

And depending upon what y'all were drinking, I'm pretty sure you can get a warm helmety feeling from alcohol and/or weed.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I am with Miracles on this. You were high and drunk and stressed out. As someone who spent a good portion of high school high or drunk (I was not the smartest teenager), I can tell you first hand that your mind cannot be trusted while intoxicated.

Marijuana can cause hallucinations and psychosis type symptoms in large doses -a large does is an average teenager's regular consumption (I once thought I was reliving an entire day and completely detached from reality and had a full fledged panic attack. Welcome to why I am sober).

Now that I am in college and have a large knowledge base in how the mind works, I can reaffirm that you cannot trust your mind while you are intoxicated on any sort of substance that impairs you.

Alcohol impairs the central nervous system, causing everything from memory problems to vision problems while intoxicated.

While you believe what you saw, it does not mean that what you saw was real, since you were under the influence.

Sources:
Http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Cannabis_marijuana?open

Http://sciencenetlinks.com/student-teacher-sheets/alcohol-and-your-brain/

I agree with Miracles. Try to recreate it 100% sober- preferably days after ingesting anything.
rogerjrlover (1 stories) (2 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
[at] Miracles51031

I absolutely agree with your POV, but my thing is, the event did happen within the "witching hour" which I remember every detail. The atmosphere in the room felt for lack of better words very "static-y" when this stuff began to happen which may explain the balloon. I also felt like I was wearing a warm football helmet during the time and I am not going to discredit the argument that you've provided but why do they call hard liquor spirits? I may have tapped into something.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
It's very hard to accept a story like this as paranormal. You admit to being under the influence, which automatically discounts pretty much everything that follows. In my book anyway. If you had been sitting with your friends, completely substance free, and experienced what you have shared with us, then I'd be more inclined to help you find a solution for the things that happened.

You said you highly doubt this was a hallucination. I feel differently about that. Just because something has never happened before doesn't mean it can't or didn't happen.

The only advice I have is recreate the situation, without drinking or smoking. Try sitting with your friends completely sober and see if anything happens.
Julesylou (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Maybe you should talk to him... He may have something important to tell you. Or he could be a psycho... Kidding... But, talk to him with a friend around, just in case.
Jules

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: