You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hacienda

Real Ghost Stories

The Hacienda

 

I am stuck in the office waiting for Christmas shutdown so I decided to write about yet another experience of mine, it is not terribly spooky but it was validated by a coworker.

This happened in Mexico, in a factory that was originally built as n Hacienda (Ranch). The buildings were a "patch" between the old construction and new additions, where this happened was what it used to be the stables.

The way the place was designed was: from the open parking lot, you climb few stairs to a corridor (the corridor is long and wide, so wide you can actually drive a small sedan car through it). The corridor has two, 2 story buildings on each side.

The corridor ends at an inner square-shaped garden, and the four sides of the square have similar constructions with corridors and doors, like a big plaza surrounded by two story buildings.

My desk was in the building right from the main corridor. It was a very dark space because the only windows where at the side facing the garden and the side facing the parking lot. The windows facing the corridor didn't receive any natural light as the corridor was covered (like a tunnel).

The door to this building was in the middle of the corridor. Once you get in, there are three desks directly to the right, mine was the last one. The desks layout was such that our backs faced the windows to the corridor, few steps to my right there was an L-turn to another section of the building. Mind you, the only exit was the door through corridor door.

Very often, I was the first to arrive and what I would do is to turn on the power switch at the corridor entrance, open the door, walk towards my desk and turn my computer on. So, one day, I was doing the usual, keying the password for the 'puter and waiting for the rest of the people to arrive when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone coming through the door and walking towards me. I turned my head to say good morning and... You guessed it! Nobody was there...so, bit puzzled.

Regardless, kept on going with my day/week as usual except that I started asking around. People would then share with me that the place was haunted, people had seen swirling mini-tornadoes in the garden-plaza. The night guard told me that his dogs would bark for no reason, or that sometimes they would refuse to get into a particular area, etc. One person told me he got whispered in the ear, glasses broke when nobody was near... Stuff like that.

My "big experience" was one day in the evening, I was just typing something in the computer, the lady next to me was sort of bend down looking for something in one of her desk's lower drawers. It was very quiet and, same thing, I saw a dark shadow entering the room and walking towards me. I looked and it wasn't there! So, I was bit taken back, walked to my coworker's desk and asked her, "Did you see someone just now?" And she said, "Yes, someone dressed in black just came in." Her exact words... Needless to say that I say, "No, Betty, there was nobody." And she said, "Yes, I just saw him, someone dressed in black just passed in front of my desk" So, we debated a little, walked the whole area, and I mean, there were few guys in the other area (the L shaped one), but no one was dressed all in black.

She got so spooked that she brought holy water the next day. I was a bit scared, I mean my skin got goosebumps while we were talking, but I am just glad that I didn't get to see it face to face. That would have scared the heck out of me!

What I heard is that back when it was a Hacienda, the owners would mistreat their workers terribly. People were not slaves anymore but they were so poor that they had no other choice but to work under terrible working conditions and the law was very one-sided (sided with the rich and powerful owners of the "Haciendas"). But if any dead occurred, it was well covered because I couldn't find any records.

I stopped working there after a few months, not because of the ghost but because of a better job offer.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by csofia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csofia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
sorry I was lost after the description of the building 😕 but caught on at the bit about the holy water... It seems to appear that you can get this natuarally day to day but where I come from I have never known anyone to be able to get a hold of any holy water and the churches always seem to be closed gates padlocked so id imagine it would be like an open rave for spirits here
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
Spellcasting, it's nice that things have worked out the way you wanted, but giving out contact information, especially someone else's contact information, is discouraged. I've deleted your comment, hope there's no hard feelings.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
Aw Elnora how sweet of you to think of me 😳 [think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goooodddbyyyyeeeee] 😆

And same to you swimsinfire... By the way I love your screen name!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Well, I'm glad you have better work. Happy Yule to everyon, and to all a good 5 day week-end!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Haha, ifihadyoux, I was actually thinking of you when I put Solstice:P

I am an atheist, so I just get people things because 'tis the season. It works out nicely in the end:P

Wow. The site just almost didn't let me post this because I used the word "tis". I will never let the grammar/spelling gods does again.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Same to you all as well! I mainly celebrate Yule/Solstice and my family does Christmas but you know, yolo. And yeah true, just annoying~~~:]
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I'll jump in there and wish the same to everyone! Thanks elnora, and ifihadyoux, has to be better than NOT having one. Blessings to you!
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I'll use this time to wish a Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Solstice/Saturnalia/Kwanza/Yule/a few days without work to everyone.

This was a really interesting experience, thanks for sharing!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
I am slightly jealous that you have a 5 day weekend wish not >:| I have to work tomorrow a half day and return back on friday. -_- I hate my job
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
sofia- I am sitting and watching the clock as well. Two hours until a five day weekend. Yah!

Your dark figure sounds residual to me. It will keep "replaying" over and over that same procedure. Certainly can creep a person out though!

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: