You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandmother's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's House

 

My uncle came to visit for the Holidays around the 14th of this month. He also brought his 5 year old daughter and 8 year old son, along with his wife. He is very religious and believes that all spirits that walk around the earth are demons.

We had a conversation about spirits and what I saw when I was living in our old house. (You can read about that in "My Childhood Homes".) He claimed to have saw stuff to. He says when his wife (Jessica) and him were living with my grandparents, he saw a shapeshifter.

My grandparents live in a mini mansion on a hill that was built for the creator of a nation wide coal company. Let me explain the layout of this house. When you first walk into the house (we always use one of the back doors) there is a huge kitchen with 2 fridges, a flattop stove (from the early 90's) and two ovens stacked on top of each other (from the 50's). If you turn right there is a dining room with a swinging door, and a set of French doors. If you walk out of the French doors you will see a foyer, bathroom, and a living room. Up the stairs there is a giant hallway shaped like an L.

The first two bedrooms are connected by a dressing room and a bathroom. Those were my grandparents' room and my uncle's daughter's (from a previous marriage) room. The other two bedrooms are connected by two dressing rooms and a bathroom. Those were my uncles room and an empty room. The office and the attic are also in the hallway of the empty room. There is also a staircase with a 1950s chair that moves down to the laundry room, across from my uncle's room. (This layout is how it was in 2005.)

My uncle had to get up early because he was a doctor and needed to be at his job at 6:00 am. Well, he was up at 12:00 am because he had night shift and he went downstairs to get something to eat. He left Jessica upstairs in the bedroom. As he walked down the steps, he looked down the hallway to the kitchen and he saw Jessica walk by. He said she was wearing a red T-shirt and boxer shorts with her hair in a pony tail. He called out, "Jessica?" No answer. He checked the dining room, the living room, and the bathroom and no one was there. The only way downstairs is the main staircase and the chair staircase. But it's impossible to walk down the chair staircase without getting black grease on your feet from the bar that the chair slides down. And he says there were no footprints. Well, he got his food and went back upstairs to find Jessica fast asleep wearing a blue shirt and black pants with her hair down.

Two days later he was taking a shower in his bathroom which is between the two dressing rooms. He had both doors locked and shut. Jessica had already left for work. The shower has one of those foggy class things instead of a shower curtain. He saw Jessica once again with the red T-shirt and boxer shorts and a pony tail. The thing is, it looked like she came from the first dressing room, passed through the bathroom, then through the other dressing room. He said, "Jess, I thought you left for work." That's when he realized that both doors were shut and locked and Jessica had left for work.

I was taking a shower in that same bathroom with one of the doors slightly cracked. The one that was cracked swung open and I saw my Mawmaw walk in wearing her all black pajamas. She was plundering through the dirty clothes and I said, "Mawmaw, get me a towel." No answer. I asked her again, "Mawmaw, I forgot my towel. Can you get me one?" She just walked out. This was not like her. I finally got my towel and later I asked her about it. She said she hadn't been upstairs in the bathroom. And she was wearing her pink pajamas.

In the empty room there is something that is very angry. Once, my Mawmaw says, when they first moved in she slept back there so she wouldn't wake up my pawpaw when she got up for work. One time she woke up and something was holding her down and not letting her get up. She started praying and it went away.

After a while my Mawmaw put a bed and a TV back there for my sister and me to sleep in. Once my sister was at a friend's house and I woke up in the middle of the night feeling angry. I wanted to just wrap my hands around someone's throat and choke them. I don't know why because I'm not a type of person to be mean. I finally forced myself to sleep and woke up and it was like nothing happened.

I want to know why I felt like that. And where do shapeshifters come from? More to come.

Other hauntings by Perfecttime687

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Perfecttime687, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-28)
This site is so fun. I got distracted with other things and missed out for a few months. My phone won't let me like anyone, it's very posesive that way. In full agreement with everyone on this really interesting story.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
Than you, ifi. I hope everyone had a fantabulous Christmas!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
LMFAO VALK, that was the best thing I have ever read on this site. What an absolute sweetheart ❤ ❤ ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
This site yells at me for liking too many comments made by the same person. Stop writing so many things that make sense! 😉
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Perfecttime,
I'm sitting here trying to understand why on earth your Mawmaw would stick you and your sister in a room where she had such an experience. However, you wondered why you may have woken up angry. Apparently it was only the one time, so I offer you this: sometimes the emotions we feel in dreams can leak out into our reality. You may have dreamed that you were very angry about something/or at someone, on waking the dream evaporated but the emotion stayed. It happens to folks now and then.
The 'spirit' that your Uncle claims to have seen as Jessica, and you saw as Mawmaw, was probably not a shapeshifter. Maybe a mimic. However, like elnora, I find it odd that it did not want to interact with you. On the upside, it doesn't seem to be trying to do any harm either.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+5
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
elnora, ifi, and babyG were quite blue,
"I can't upvote you!"
They exclaimed to each other,
"this voting system says I've been a bother
By agreeing and liking what you say way too much,
So I guess with my upvote I must hush."
But there was a wee elf peeking in
"It's Christmas Eve," she whispered with a grin,
And tapping her cursor with magical grace
Gave each a point for the one they couldn't place.
Merry Christmas!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Happy Holidays everyone and Merry casino... Um Christmas! Yeah, that wasn't subtle. 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Now I can't vote for elnora again D: Same to you! Can't wait to feast on food and get presents >_>!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Apparently, we all just get along too well:P

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Eve! (character limit win)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
HAHA I was able to like elnora's because I liked baby's xD win for me!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Dang! Now I've reached my limit with you elnora! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (darn character limit!) 😆
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I'm having the same problem on BJJ's. It keeps telling me to vote for someone else so I'm voting for you two and Miracles. Lol

As for your uncle Perfecttime, I'm wondering if maybe he's thinking that since he thought he saw his wife and it turned out not to be her, that he mislabeled it as a "shapeshifter" and meant something else.

I'm with elnora on this and think it's probably residual.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
same. I up vote them too many times xD I just tend to agree a lot
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Haha, did you reach the like limit for me? I still cannot upvote you and I usually cannot upvote Miracles and BJJ.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I would have just simply liked elnora's comment but it won't let me >_>
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I think this may be a residual haunting, mostly because of the fact that they seem to ignore everyone there. They are just repeating a pattern of movement through the house. The angry energy could be a energy signature that you are picking up, something left over from past events.

It could be some sort of doppelganger, a spirit trying to get your attention by looking like someone that you know, but since it does not seem to want to talk, that doesn't seem to make sense.

The only shapeshifter-type thing I am really familiar with are the Native American Skinwalkers and that doesn't apply here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: