You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Hooded Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Black Hooded Ghost

 

I am currently 18 years old. I am engaged to a wonderful man and have a beautiful one month old daughter.

When I was about 8 years old, I used to share a room with my younger sister. Her bed was against the wall as well as mine was. The door was across the room. Next to the door was the light switch.

That night, about mid-summer or so, she was spending the night at her friend's house. I had to sleep alone, by myself. I usually left the door open with the hall light on so you can imagine there was a bit of light in the room.

But that night, I decided to be "Big Girl" and shut the door. From what I can remember, I woke up from a dead deep sleep. My eyes were wide open and I looked over at the edge of my bed. There was something, like a shadow, of a human figure in a black coat. It was a hooded coat and it had the hood over its head. It was looking down at me in my bed. I stared at it for a few long minutes because I was scared stiff. I got the guts to finally jump and run to turn on my bedroom light. After it was on, I turned around to see that nothing was there.

What is weird is that was the most vivid memory I have ever remembered in my entire life, down to touch, smell, fear, etc. I am worried about my daughter one day meeting this entity. I hope she never does and that this figure is not harmful. I do not want this "figure" to be a demon or something evil. I am a religious person under the Christianity umbrella. I am Mormon or also known as LDS. Please feel free to contact me if you want to know more.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sabrina8153, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Sabrina: have you tried to perform a cleansing of your house like you were advised to do four months ago when your story was posted?
If so, did it make a difference in the way you feel?

It seems like you are worrying too much about a future that might not be the way you fear, what's the point in doing so?

You saw the black hooded ghost over 10 years ago and it really hasn't hurt you in any way, it is you the one that seems to be doing herself more damage thinking about all the worst case scenarios that this 'ghost' might or might not bring to your life.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
So a girl that I know says her mother can see the dead. So I asked her to ask her mother if she might know about what I saw. She says I saw death. Wtf?!?!? I am scared. My little sister said she saw me in her dream die when I turn 19. I turn 19 next month. I am worried.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Ummm, thought the 3 six's thing had been covered.

1966= 1+9+6+6=22 and 16= 8+8=16 (or 10+6 or 7+9) So Holloween, 666 the number of the Beast I do not think have ANYTHING to do with these experiences...

If you want to work Dates and ages into this look into Numerology... I think you will find much more LIGHT than Dark... Just saying.

Respectfully,

Rook
cherie66 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
the 3 6s is a good point... I was born in 1966 and was 16 when a black hooded figure on the side of my bed reached out and touched my arm and yes it hurt... I screamed for my mom she came running it disappeared she thought I was on drugs... I wasn't and I couldn't sleep alone for weeks.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
I do not know. There are pros and con's yah know? Like what if robbers came in your house dressed in white? Would you fear them less? I wouldn't. Unless theyprove they are safe to be around. I don't feel safe, I feel scared sometimes.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I agree with Miracles completely, Sabrina. Start your journal!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
sabrina - a lot of people put so much emphasis on 666 that it creates paranoia, as well as unfounded fear. There are even people will buy an additional item if their purchase amount is $6.66. They are numbers, plain and simple. I grew up on the "Mark of the Beast" being 666 so I'm not brushing this off. I understand how people feel about it, but I have a whole different opinion on this subject which I won't get into.

Anyway, the fact that your baby was due on Halloween has nothing to do with it either. My son's birthday is 10/31/01 😊

There are many, many stories on this site about shadow people. This may be what you are encountering. But from what I've read, this entity is not doing anything that appears to be threatening to you or your family. Our own fear of the unknown can provoke feelings of paranoia, which includes feeling watched.

If the feelings, sightings have continued since you submitted your experience, my advice is to keep a journal of each event. My journal has been a blessing. Try to keep your fears out of it when you write down what you saw/heard/felt etc. Be truthful because this journal is to help you.

I do have a question, though. If this entity that you have seen was dressed in white, would you fear it as much?
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Do you think this also is attached to me beacsue of my birthday. Its June 6, the month of 06, 1996. There are three sixes in my birth date. My baby was also not due until halloween, October 31.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Yes, something like that. Google poltergeist. Wikipedia is as good a place as any to start. But bottom line, they come from the energy generated by people, usually going through great emotionally stressful times. They can manifest in a variety of ways, too long for me to list in a comment here. That is why I suggest you Google it. Not necessarily your pasts being revealed, but energy generated in the past can still coalesce around you now.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Hecate0 what do you mean by stir up things? Like our pasts are being reveiled?
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Hi Sabrina. Not sure if you are still checking comments. Google "poltergeists" and think about your household and the energy everyone carries. You have a lot going on being engaged at 18 with a one month old daughter. A wedding alone is VERY stressful. And a one month old... Phew. Wonderful and, well, the most blessed challenge we are ever given. But this generates energy and can stir things up from people's pasts. Just some thoughts I had as I read both your story and the comments. I wish you the best. It is always good to do a cleansing and ask for protection. But read about poltergeist energy.
Hecate
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Sabrina, sorry for the wait on a response but I was out of town. I would recommend using a cleaning method that you can find I believe on Rookdygin's profile, many have experienced positive results.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
I am scared and unsure around it. And feel like it is watching me. My dog obviously doesn't like it because he growls and barks. Then he gets all frantic and starts to freak out. So I have no idea if it is good or not. I just know that I am scared every time it is around. Could that be bad? I just recently bought a video camera monitor for my baby so I can watch her at night while sleeping. I just don't want her to be messed with by this thing. I'm trying to take the most precautions. My fiance was also scared when he witnessed this thing laying beside him. We haven't seen him since, but my dog has and always barks while I am in the shower.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
I am not saying this is the case but it is a possibility. Are you scared of the entity because its your gut feeling to be or just scared of the "unknown" actions, feelings, etc. Of the entity. I ask because I believe that people have several spirit guides in their life each for a different reason or purpose but only one at a time. When I saw my first one I was scared by it but only because it was unknown to me. If you feel it means no harm or are only scared because you don't know what it is try to do a meditation and contact your spirit guide and see if it is him.
I really don't think this entity is there to cause any harm to you or your family but always better to play it safe if your not sure or uncomfortable.
MezurashiReito15 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
I have no clue what it. Could be besides some weird entity its obviously not entirely friendly but it doesn't seem to be attempting any harm although unless it gives good reason not to say by saving your life or protecting you from other darker things I suggest getting rid of it
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
The creepy thing is that my fiance saw this shadow figure too. I just want answers and know my daughter is safe. This thing is scary and I'm always on gaurd in the shower and stuff. I feel like someone is watching me when I'm in the shower or changing in the bedroom.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
Bokaba, yes there was. Please scroll to my first comment. It explains the other creepy stuff. I will look into rooks. I wonder if my religion does things like this?
bokaba (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
If it only happened once at the age of 8, it was probably either your imagination or sleep paralysis. People with sleep paralysis and/or narcolepsy often see shadowy figures (because they are easier for the brain to hallucinate than detailed people) in that strange area between being asleep and being awake. Were there any other paranormal activities (e.g. Objects moving, temperature changed, disembodied voices, etc.) that accompanied the appearance?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
man this rook train is super long 😜 😆 chugga chugga chugga chooo chooo
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
I will also agree and say up try Rooks method. There are several stories on the site from people who have used it:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
To add onto the Rook train, I always refer to Rook's profile for a cleansing ritual where others have had success in doing it.:]
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
yes, rookdygins' methods are very good to use. Try them and believe in what you are doing. That is important. When you do the cleansing do not leave any member of your family alone. Just in case. We don't do that in my country. Because some spirits like to go out with a bang.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
BJJ and others have made good points but if you truely feel the need to do a cleansing please check my profile... I have posted a cleansing and shielding method, please feel free to use it and please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-25)
I can try a cleansing. How do I do that and who do I ask? I know it follows me, I have moved 3 times since each event happened. I hope nothing happens to my daughter. She is my world and I want her to have to best. Thank you everyone! It helps me out a lot!
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-25)
If you are worried then do a cleansing. In my country, many believe the dogs actually see ghosts. I can not say it is true. But even I have seen dogs acting very strange sometimes. So thre is a chance that spirit might still be there. But I have to tell you there is no permenet solution for getting rid of ghosts. Even if you do a cleansing or a blessing (I think blessing is waste of time) you have to do that again at least once every ten months or a year.
I acually lived the way you fear your daughter might have to live with. And it's not nice. So I wish her nornal and very happy chilhood. It was not nice to see people around your bed, watching you and not answering when asked who they are.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
well then maybe you should do a cleansing of the home to protect yourselves just in case there is anything. If you're not comfortable doing so, you can ask a higher up depending upon your religious beliefs and if you have none, a priest would help anyone really.
sabrina8153 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Thank you for all your comments. I did not have a dream at all. I distinctively remember. When I turned 13 years old, I have a small toy chihuahua. He is my Best friend dog. He started barking at my bed one time and was so scared to go by my bed. He barked, growled, and whimpered. This happened for three days straight. I prayed and he stopped. I was in the shower and my dog did the same thing at the door. Then when I was 17, my boyfriend (futur fiance) was sleeping in my bed and I slept in my sisters (we still shared a room). My fiance started calling my name. I said "what!". He then jumped out of my bed and said he thought I was laying in his arms beside him. He said it was a black figure thing in his arms. Me and my fiance now live together. At 18 years old now, just a few months ago, I was in the shower again. My dog then proceeded to growl and bark at the door. Nobody was home. I am keeping an eye out on something else. Just so you know, each time something happened, I got the chills and felt just so oddly weird. Like somebody was watching me.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about your daughter seeing it. You said so yourself you were in a deep deep deep sleep and when you wake up, you can potentially see things from your dream. Do you even remember what you were dreaming? I don't expect you to, but you could have been having a nightmare. It happens.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
BJJ essentially said what I was probably going to end up getting to.

Since you said you could not move, it does sound like a case of sleep paralysis, where you dream while awake.

Having not seen it in ten years, I don't see how it could ever effect your daughter in a negative way, either. Dreams when we are younger tend to stay with us. Your brain is not yet formed well enough to separate the dream memories from the waking memories. I can remember quite a few vivid nightmares from my childhood as real memories- even though it's obvious they never happened in reality. That is just how the brain stores that information at that age of development.

If you are worried, I would do a blessing that goes with your faith and stay positive. If you worry too much about it, you could misinterpret things and stress out when you don't need to.
Jam91191 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
If you couldn't move that could be sleep paralysis. Nut if you could and was just scared then I could have been an entity but as BADJUUJUU said if it was an entity there would have been many more occurrences in the 10 years

Hope this helps

Justin

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: