You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Work Stories 2

Real Ghost Stories

Work Stories 2

 

I'm killing time before going home and thought I'd share a couple more stories from the hospital I work at. You can read my previous story, "Work Stories," to get the history of the place. We all have heard the stories about the ghosts that are still here from way back when, and there are some odd things that have happened that I don't know how to explain.

This first story happened to one of the nurses, Gina, that I have worked with. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I know it has been a couple of years ago. She was working on the fourth floor, which at the time was our adult unit. (Our units have been moved since then and the fourth floor is our residential floor where our kids actually live.) Some of the rooms were not occupied, so for safety reasons, were kept locked. We still do this, and every morning and every night during shift change, the techs and nurses check all the doors to be sure they are locked.

This one particular room was being cleaned that day. When one of the housekeepers walked in, she immediately walked back out and got Gina. When Gina walked into the room, she said she was really creeped out because all of the furniture in the room was stacked on top of each other in the middle of the floor. In a typical room, there are two to three beds and one or two tall TV stands/chest of drawers, like the type you would find in a hotel room. The furniture is pretty heavy, but can be pushed across the floor so housekeeping can sweep and mop the floors. The chest of drawers have the spot for the TV, although there aren't any TVs in the rooms, then about three drawers underneath for patient clothing.

This one was pretty difficult to explain who went in there to physically stack the furniture, which would be a pretty difficult job in and of itself. Gina called this the poltergeist room from then on. It took at least two of our maintenance guys to move the furniture back to where it was supposed to be.

This second story took place about a year ago. One of our other techs was in the cafeteria with the kids for their lunch. There are two big windows in the cafeteria that look out into what we call the backyard. There is a swing set and two basketball courts as well as a volleyball court. We take all of our patients out here on nice days so they can get out of the building for a while.

On this day, Danny said he had stood up so he could just look outside while the kids were eating lunch. He said no one was out there at this time, but one of the swings was swinging back and forth just like someone was sitting in it and swinging. He made the comment that "our ghost was back," and as soon as he said that, he said the swing just stopped suddenly. He told me the trees weren't blowing and the other swings weren't moving, because he was thinking it could be the wind, but he couldn't really figure that one out either.

We all like to keep a look out for anything unusual, but we're all pretty open minded enough to try to debunk it or find a reason for it. And if we can't, we just accept it as something unexplainable. Like I've said before, we're pretty comfortable with the idea of sharing our space with someone else.

Other hauntings by ms_st0308

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ms_st0308, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-30)
Hey BadJuuJuu, I missed your comment yesterday! Yes, it is a pretty interesting place to work. I'm in one big office with about 6 others and we all get along pretty great so we make the work day a lot easier.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
Sorry guys! I haven't checked back until today.

Elnoraemily, he said the swing stopped very abruptly. I thought that was the weird part too. About the room, it is possible that someone could have gone in to clean and left things rearranged, but it would be very difficult for one person to have stacked all of the furniture one on top of the other. Another possibility is that someone thought it would be a good joke and had help?

Buthaya, yes once the rooms are empty, the lights are turned off as well until the next patient arrives.

Thank you everyone for reading!
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Closed rooms without any use, if there was no lights too it's very inviting for a spirit.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
If I was Gina, I would not be anywhere near that calm. She just goes with it.

Could there have been any way that people went in that room to clean and no one re-set the room after? Leaving it to be forgotten about?

The swing thing could be explained by a slight breeze. It would not disturb the trees very much, but could disturb the swing enough to create movement. The stopping suddenly is what makes it weird. Did it just abruptly stop swinging?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I love how everyone seems to just take the events in stride. I also love that there are multiple witnesses, and that yall can validate and support each other. It sounds like an interesting workplace, with great coworkers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: