You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Shapeless Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

White Shapeless Spirit?

 

A few years back, when I was in high school I experienced seeing a spirit.

Usually, ironically to my name, Faith - I didn't really believe in the supernatural. My mother has always told me that being able to see spirits is in our blood line, but honestly, I thought that was complete bogus, until that night.

Well, I saw this spirit twice, the first time I had seen it was when I was sleeping in my room (My room was in the basement), the lights were all off in my room so seeing this spirit was somewhat blinding - it was uber white, and had no form. I was half-asleep at the time, so when I woke up, I just looked at it and went back to bed.

Now the second time, it happened in the basement again, but this time I fell asleep on our couch at around 5pm, but it was already dark outside and whatnot, so it was completely black in the basement. This time I woke up and this spirit thing was above me. At first I was in a state where I was half asleep, so looking up at it I smiled and put my hand up to touch it. As it went to go touch my hand, reality kicked in and I rolled over, jumped up and bolted upstairs into the kitchen where my family sat there staring at me like I was a mental case, LOL. Anyways, after that, my mom came in and told the spirit to leave, and I never saw it again.

I was wondering if this spirit was bad? Or good? I never got the idea it wanted to hurt me, just the opposite. This was my first and last spiritual encounter, so I've been curious about this for a long time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FaithV, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
I love the
"When I woke up, I looked at it and went back to sleep." Like really, at this time of night! I agree with everyone els. But it is scary the first time, and you get all kinds of feelings.
MezurashiReito15 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
Well since you can see it so clearly there's no reason you wouldn't have been able to sense any dark energy from it and since you didn't I highly doubt it was harmful since it was a blob however I don't think it had enough energy to form into a actually form so it might have just been drawn to your own energy like a bug to a light just curious maybe even felt warmth from you like some people feel the same from spirits
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
I would say by how you described feeling and seeing it that it was not a negative spirit. Especially if your mother simply asked it to leave and it went away nicely.
Have you done any research on your family?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
Your own gut reactions to both of these encounters speak volumes about the nature of the experience. This spirit sounds more like it was curious or maybe even watching over you. You did not feel anything negitive during these encounters and your reaction was relaxed UNTIL your brain realized what was happening... You then got scared because you thought things like that were 'completely bogus'.

Our gut feeings about a spirit or entity, in my opinion, can tell us so much about its nature or intent. In many cases something dark and evil will manifest as something desirable but no matter how pretty it makes itself the energy it gives off will be negitive.

Being sensitive to spirits can follow bloodlines or we can learn how to do it. If you are interested in learning more you could start by talking to your Mom and or visiting a metaphysical store. Even research things on your own. Do not forget you can even ask questions here.

Respectfully,

Rook
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
Without more information I can't really say if it was evil or not. Interesting that your family has a gift, have you tried discovering more about it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: