You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Friendly Whispering Ghost and Her Dog

Real Ghost Stories

My Friendly Whispering Ghost and Her Dog

 

My story is not at all far fetched but I believe I love my friendly whispering ghost. I was thirteen, I was studying to be a veterinarian at an all girls school downtown. I preferred to spend time by myself, waiting for my animal to appear by my side. I had always had a feeling that someone was trying to communicate with me, this required me being ready in my own space.

She first stayed over a night, sleeping close by my side, and her dog ghost would sleep under the bed. We shared my teddies. Played as children do realizing that we had the adults to deal with at dinner-time. What fun we had. The ghost would chase me up the stairs and I would be almost out of breath. I would be told that my book was hers and not mine because she was in trouble more than I was. We decided together that I would leave with her on a suitable night. I fell asleep waiting for her to appear when she wanted, well she appeared. She was wearing a little wedding dress, a greying tattered old veil. She woke me up especially and held up my up to date clock. That clock never worked again. Never.

I saw her many years later, happily running through a grave yard with an arch way, no church. She was wearing the same little wedding dress and tattered greying veil. Her face was a child's face. No horrific scratches, just a purity of understanding that she was not from my years, she was from before me.

Not long after this meeting. I placed a lot of my work into the pet she brought into my life. I would nourish the elements of a normal life for the pet. Without going too overboard. The animal walked to me in the darkness and has followed me ever since even growling at the dangerous steps I had to take to leave the home that we had met in.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 35ryfhoi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hello 35ryfhoi. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think I enjoyed it, I`m not sure. It left me a mite confused. On the plus side, with a ghost dog as a pet you save a ton on Kibbles-n-Bits 😆.Take Care.

FRAWIN 😜 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hi 35.
I do not know if it because I am from the United States and do not understand going to school as a vet while thirteen or not, but I have a hard time understanding this story.
If it is true, would this be one of those cases of "imaginary friends" who help us out?
Thank you.
GrIm (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
well to tell you
the truth its kind of nice having a spirit as a friend but anyways keep up the work being a vet! 😉
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
I'm sorry, but I cannot understand at all what's going on in this story. There are too many gaps and the syntax is so jumbled, I cannot figure out what the author is trying to say. Maybe you could edit it a little and re-read it and see if it makes sense to you.

Thanks!
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Cool story. You know they say that in heaven that we all are young. So maybe she comes through to visit. 😁 Interesting enough that you either see a dog or actually have one! Peace be with you. God bless 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
I am confused. How old are you? Why were you studying for a life long career at such a young age? When she woke you up to leave with her... What happened?

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
This one is truely out there in my opinion. There are portions of the story that seem to leave a lot of gaps. I am not familiar with UK's way of schooling, but I would think thirteen would be a bit young to being going to school to be a vet. I will have to ask my British friends here on island. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Wow, 35ryfhoi. Did you become a vet? It's amazing that she showed you what to do. Go with it if you are doing well with it! I hope you are! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: