You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Digging Outside My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Digging Outside My Room

 

As I promised, this time I tell you about what I experienced in my own house few years ago. At first little background details. I have two brothers; my father built houses for each of us. The house in this story is the house I still live in. It is a big house and has three floors with beautiful view of mountains. Watching those mountains is one of my favorite hobbies. I moved in there even before it finished. Life was good there for a while.

I was the only one lived there that time. First few months went by without anything weird. But one night I woke up by sound of someone digging the ground outside my bed room window. I thought there were thieves outside and trying to break in so I turned on the light in my room and in the living room to pretend there are many in the house and few are awake. Soon as the lights turned on, the sound stopped. I did not dare to go outside or open my bed room window to make sure they left. Instead I turned the TV on and watched turning the volume bit louder than usual.

Next morning I went to check the area outside my room. I was expecting to see a hole or something in the ground but there was nothing. Not even a scratch. I thought then I must be imagination and thought nothing of it anymore. Few days later at night, again I woke up by the sound of someone digging the ground outside my bedroom window. Again I did the same thing I did before and when I checked next morning, I found nothing on the ground. Neither marking of digging the ground nor any foot prints. There was nothing wrong there. That didn't make any sense.

Next night about 11 pm again I woke up by the same sounds. Curious and scared I lay awake in the bed and didn't turn on the light, did not even turned to a side on my bed. I just laid still and listened to the sound and tried to imagine what is going on outside. I did hear voices but they are too low to understand what they are talking. I used word "they" because there were three different voices. Mostly they make noises like grunting and panting. I can hear the metal hitting the ground and stones. This went on at least for an hour, and then it stopped. I was concerned if this is a group of thieves. I was fine as long as I don't hear anything hitting the wall. Nothing did and when I checked next morning, ground was the same as the day before. The sound continued for few days and every time I checked next morning nothing wrong to be found.

I decided to keep a dog around to keep me company and to guard at night. I was the only one lived there. He was a German shepherd, every night he leave his dog house and sleep outside my bed room and starts barking at nothing. I checked so many times, but I cannot see a thing but my dog keep barking like mad. Every night at 11 pm or at 1 am he starts barking.

After first week I locked him inside his dog house. That night the digging sound returned. This continued for years. Every dog I owned always sleeps outside my bedroom window at night and starts barking at 11 pm or at 1 am or when they are locked up, the sound of digging can be heard. It all stopped when I did a cleansing few years later. Even the dog did not sleep outside my window after that.

Other hauntings by buthaya

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buthaya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

g3r4ltr1v14 (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
I had the same experience. When I was a little I would hear digging sounds outside our house but in the morning would find nothing. Our house is close to the road so I may understand that maybe there was maintenance road work being done but it went on for a while and like I said there was nothing to find.

I also had an experience where I could hear the faintest sound of a clock at night. I could hear the second hand tick and this would drive me nuts and sleepless at night. This happened in another house while I was on vacation.

Now that I'm older I really never figured it out what those sounds were and their causes.
jshri (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-01)
Hello my friend Buthaya.
Iam Jshri from India. I too experience the same whatever u said happens at the same time... I hear digging of soil sound outside my bedroom window after 11PM... And it lasts upto 3AM. Whenever I switch on the light... The sound stops and when I turn off the sound starts again. I lost my sleep for months. I start to sleep only after 3. What is this actually about? Have u got any idea? Why such things happen?
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
thank you all for reading the story. As far as I know, there is no one buried there. We did dig deep in to the ground and removed very large part of the land to build the house. Yes I tried to look few times but the sound stopped just as I touch the window to open it or see nothing at all. Or in sometimes I open the window, I can hear it moved to bit further than before.

I found out the land my house was built belong to old kings. In those old days it is usual to bury the treasure and make a man promised to the king to keep the treasure secure. But soon as he make that promise, he gets killed so his spirit will guard the treasure. Those spirits called "Bahirava"
They also believed to be the guardian of the land. There are rituals to get his blessing. In here, before build a house or use the land for anything, people perform these rituals as a custom. I remember my father doing the same before he did anything to build the house.
After the cleansing I do not hear those sounds anymore at my house.
Angel9090 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
It would have been nice to know what was under the ground that they are digging up. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was a dead body that was laid there between the hours of 12 to one. They were probably trying to dig to annoy you to move or to get attention about their death. Had it been treasure, they would have dug anytime of the day or night in my assumption.
mayamie (12 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Well you should look out your window to see where the digging is going on. I've heard that ghost sometimes lead people to bury treasure/savings they stashed while living (they can't use it anymore), it might also be someone who was murdered and then buried out by your bedroom window, trying to let his/her family know what became of them?

This could be like a residual haunting since ghost can not communicate directly so they play back last moments of their life, simply reliving a violent act, and you appear somewhat psychic so this ghost maybe trying to communicate with you in the only way it knows how to communicate.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
Hello buthaya! I liked the story. It must be very creepy experience for you. How did you manage yourself to live alone in big house which is under constructed?

Regards
Simie (4 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
I don't know why we keep hearing things like this only at night. Do you know that some sound waves travel from far away places and enter our ears? I'd like to know what kind of a cleansing you did?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: