You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Footsteps 2

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps 2

 

Continuing with my story. The next night we went to bed a little earlier and decided to watch TV in bed for awhile. Anthony had been in bed since around 9pm and we went to bed around 11ish. Amanda checks on Anthony every night before bed, just to make sure he's asleep. We were laying in bed watching random television for around an hour or so before I fall asleep, Amanda however takes awhile longer to get to sleep so she carried on watching TV next to me.

What happens next frightens me to think of it again. Amanda recalled that I'd been asleep around an hour and a half before Anthony woke up and knocked on the door to come in complaining that he can hear talking and its keeping him up. I woke up for a brief moment when he climbed in bed to check on his room after Amanda mentioning the talking, however there was no sound of talking when I checked. I went back to bed and fell straight back to sleep for about 10 - 15 minutes. (should mention I think it was around 1am again.)

Amanda with Anthony in the middle of us in bed with me back to sleep again heard the footsteps again walking from Anthony's room towards our bedroom door. Amanda pushes me awake without making a sound and whispered in terror that she'd heard the same thing as last night and that its right outside the door. I walk to the door to open it. I open the door rapidly and the moment I did will live with me forever. As soon as I fully opened the door the footsteps heavily ran from the door and ran down the stairs with absolutely no body in sight. My heart just dropped and I nearly fell to my knees in terror. I just closed the door got back into bed and just sat there with the light on with Anthony and Amanda in pretty much silence for the rest of the night, trying to comprehend what had just happened. Anthony was confused and scared and eventually slept in Amanda's arms. Me and Amanda stayed up until I had to go work which was about 7pm.

That was a terrible night and unfortunately wasn't the end of our ordeal. I will post the rest of our experience as soon as I can. We are currently staying at my parents at the moment because of all this so only have limited time on the laptop. I will finish the story of that house as soon as I can.

Other hauntings by Richard899

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Richard899, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Richard899- Well isn't that a kicker. I was going to suggest maybe something residual from the information from the first story but I guess this changes things.

However, if you got that kind of reaction from the "walker", I would think you have it on the run. It reacted by fleeing so I am kind of thinking "It" may be just as scared of you as you and your family are scared of it.

Guess I need to wait for the next story before I can add anything else.

We're waiting. Patiently...waiting...
😁
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
i just wanted to add input saying I love the inspiration of your name grav3yardgirl... I'm a huge fan of hers.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
yup... Val... You do have a point...let's wait and watch what's richard has to offer
Grav3yardgirl1403 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
And I was not saying it would happen to everybody who cleanses their home. I was only stating a possibility. I never said it would be a certain outcome, only a certain possibility. I know my comment seemed like it had no positivity which is why I said it was no help.
Grav3yardgirl1403 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
Miracles
I meant it for my comment. It was a downer but it can happen at times when people cleanse houses and I was stating that my comment was not very helpful. Sorry for offending you. I was not aiming it at anybody else but myself.:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
Grav3yardgirl1403 - I'm sorry the cleansing didn't help your parents, but telling someone their comment is no help at all is a little rude. You don't know that the same thing will happen to Richard899. There's no way you can know. Everyone has different situations, even though they may sound similar. Cleansings have helped numerous members on our site.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
Hi just a suggestion surveillance evidence. You might be surprised.
If you can record the footsteps play it back reverse tactics. What ever it is it is running away from you. If in doubt try something different. I just wonder if someone is trying to rattle you. I do think your child should stay away from the house if possiable.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
I agree, there is no guarantee that a cleansing will work. And sometimes it needs to be done by a holy person from whatever system of belief one chooses. I also think it is never easy to decide which course of action to take. It is just good to have lots of ideas thrown out there so Richard899 can make his decision. Namaste
Hecate
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
Here's the thing, I don't think we have enough information,yet, to make any real suggestions as to what to do. So far all we have is footsteps and voices (heard by a child) in an attached house. So, those COULD be explained as coming from the house next door, through the shared wall. However, that is only part of the story, so it wouldn't be right to assume that. So, like ifi, I'm waiting on the next one...
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
although Hecate0 has a very noble idea, grav3yardgirl also has a practical input... Upon cleansing there is a battle for energy stabilising in the home, if the entity / entities are positive / empathetic etc, they leave peacefully... If its anything other than that, it might have a reverse effect...

(This is something I base as rumour but of course, its like any other inexplicable topic - that is) , a spirit gains a bit of energy if it is required to manifest a form during a cleansing or any kind of contact... So we don't know how it will react? As basically you are providing your energy for something to happen whether its cleansing or some seance -...

My suggestion is to find a clairvoyant, a medium and take the help of that person to first roughly determine who is the spirit (male / female) and roughly what does it want? I had my few fair share of such hauntings where I refused for a seance in the skepticism that the spirit might be malevolent. Anyways, my point is once the clairvoyant or any other paranormal sensitive person gets the idea of the spirit (if there is any) then you can give your input as to what to do.

PS - sorry this was long but I am sort of passionate on talking 😜
Grav3yardgirl1403 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
When my grandparents cleansed my parent's house, it made the activity worse (my grandparents are very experienced)
My parents had to move out after that because they started to harm my brother.
This comment is no help at all.:/
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
If you think there is any danger at all, then I understand you leaving. However, if you think this is just very confused and needs some direction, then my gut is still telling me that this would strengthen you all against this thing to do a cleansing as a family. It also shows Anthony how much he is a part of it, and that he can take his power back. No fear. I completely respect safety needs and such, and many here on this site have great ideas. So, I hope you come up with the best thing for your family. Best to you all. Hecate
Richard899 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
BadJuuJuu- ahh right ok thank you I didn't know that.
Hecate0 - He is 8 years old.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
I feel like it is as scared of you as you guys are of it. Oh my! How old is Anthony again? Sorry I cannot remember. At a certain point, we all get to take our power back from the fear of these situations. Allowing Anthony to be part of the cleansing and asking the being to leave could be good for him depending on his age. Then he learns that something like this doesn't necessarily have to chase him from his home, a good life lesson to empower him later, too. Just a thought. But again, I cannot remember how old he is. It just sounds like this thing ran from you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
There's no maximum character limit. Just keep typing, the box will expand.
Richard899 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
ifihadyoux - Because for some reason when I type the story it only allows me so much space, both stories have filled the box each time.
I haven't cleansed the house because I'm in work all day everyday and too be honest I wouldn't expect Anthony to go back in that house, even if it does work and it goes away I still wouldn't take him back.
He'll still be scared now, even if its gone.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
You and your cliffhangers... Makes me wonder why you won't just publish this as one story.

If all this is happening, and yes I will be reading the rest of it, why not cleanse the house to try to get rid of it? Especially if it's scaring your boy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: