You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Protective Or Evil Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Protective Or Evil Entity

 

I am 23 years old and have been with my partner for just over a year now. I just wanted to mention that I have never experienced anything paranormal or like this in my whole life. My partner, 30, has had paranormal experiences in every home he has lived in since he can remember.

I moved in with my partner about 3/4 months after we started seeing each other and the strange happenings followed closely after. When I moved in with him, he lived in a studio flat which is literally just a room which had a bed, sofa, TV and a small kitchen space which took up the whole of one wall. The way he set it out was really cool because it was set up as 3 different areas - bedroom, lounge and kitchen. He had his double bed on the left as you walk into the flat next to a built in wardrobe and a little bedside table. In front of the bed was the sofa which was turned away from the bed and in front of it was a unit with a telly and shelves full of dvds and games. Between the sofa and the unit was a coffee table and then behind was the kitchen.

The strange happenings started off with small harmless things such as belongings would be misplaced or hidden and we wouldn't find them until weeks or months later and although it was a small space he kept it very clean and tidy so it wasn't like it was cluttered and couldn't find anything or we would have put it somewhere else as he was very particular about where he put things such as keys, phone, money and other small bits.

One night we were laying on the sofa watching a film and where the shelves were on top of the telly he had one for DVD's and games and then another one for a couple of tall plants. While watching this film it was as though someone sort of slapped the plants as they swayed from right to left and it happened one by one and then just stopped. While there we experienced other things this and also while we were sitting on the sofa things would just move and fall which had no reasonable explanation. The windows weren't open and it was a very enclosed room with just 3 small windows at the end of the flat. The thing is I didn't feel afraid or like it was there to cause harm but I definitely felt like there was something else there. My partner is a cleaner and would get up at 5 in the morning to be at work for half 6 and so I would be there alone in the mornings as I didn't start work until half 11 in the morning and I would still feel a presence but not as strong as I did when my partner was around.

We were together in the flat for 4 months when we decided to get a bigger flat together and we found a 1 bedroom flat and moved in August 2014. The flat has a very long hallway with 3 rooms coming off of it. You have the front room first, then the bedroom, then the kitchen and then right at the end of the hallway it lead into a reasonable size bathroom. While in this flat we have both seen shadowy figures both out the corner of our eyes and in front of us. It doesn't move its just there one minute and then gone the next. Mostly in the living room and in the long hallway. Things are still being moved and misplaced and unexplained noises and a voice have started to happen.

There are some mornings I and my partner have both woken up with strange marks on our bodies such as bruises and scratches which were not there the night or day before. A couple of weeks ago my partner said he had a very strange dream that felt like he was being pushed into the bed and a feeling of being crushed. When I got home from work the following evening he showed me his ring which left me speechless. His ring was rounded at the top like a normal ring and then at the bottom was miss-shaped and completely flat sort of like the perfect shape of his finger like someone had squashed it so.

While in a discussion one night with my partner the night after the ring incident about the strange goings on he decided to share with me a story about a trip he had taken to see a medium and reader way before he and I had met. He told me that the medium said that he has a spirit follower of a younger sister who died when she was very young (the sister was a true story his mother confirmed a week after having this discussion with my partner) is this his younger sibling trying to protect him? Or have we got something else with us?

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to leave comments, thought or opinions as would be happy for feedback.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pupanickle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Beautiful-Creatures91 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Hi everyone, I am so sorry it's taken me this long to reply but had some problems with my other account!

[at] Wish-Not: my answer to your question would be yes because I remember asking him the exact same thing, it didn't seem to bother him at all, though! Like it was the norm. He said he's always felt something or had things going on around him wherever he lived and whoever he lived with. I don't believe I am the trigger unless this spirit felt the need to make itself known to me, I don't know.

[at] rookdygin: my partner had literally only had the ring for a couple of weeks / months, we'd been engaged for a little while but I'd only just bought him a ring. Yes he did wear it constantly, he never took it off. Thank you for your comment and support:)

[at] Hecate0: sorry, I don't quite understand the question?

[at] Ifihadyoux: thank you for your advice.

Well most of you asked me for an update. We since have moved again and since we have I have felt no more activity. Our larger flat was spooky as hell and it just had such a heavy, toxic feel to it and plus with noisy neighbours was glad to be out. Since moving into this flat, the activity has stopped completely. I like to think that if it was someone related to my partner, they have finally accepted me. Feel free to reply:)
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Pupanickle- Welcome to YGS. I am going to start off with a question. You stated that your partner has experienced paranormal stuff for as long as he can remember and strange things started soon after YOU moved in. So my question is did he have no activity at that location before you moved in? Do either of you think that you were the trigger of that activity? Oops, that was two questions. 😁

Guess I'll just start with that because to me that might have relevance to second location. Thanks for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
I have a question concerning the ring... How long has your partner had it and has he worn it the entire time?

I ask because I have a sterling silver ring that I wear on the pinky finger of my left hand. I have worn it so much the band has molded itself to the shape of my finger and will not fit anybody else or even on my right pinky.

It maybe possible that your partner has a spirit attached to him that doesn't wish to be forgotten OR perhaps its possible something he owns has a spirit attached to it.

If you decide to try a cleansing please check my profile... I have posted a method that is non-denominal...indeed its pretty much religious neutral.

Thanks for shareing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
I agree with everything IfIHadYouX said. Also think about your relationship and possible poltergeist activity. Are you generating something big together. I am not more specific as I would want you to think about it with me biasing your thoughts.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
The fact you're both waking up with bruises and scratches, and even your partner's ring is being bent, is making me very concerned for the safety of you both. Before you mentioned the medium, I was going to say something is following one of you if it was in both the studio and apartment. Knowing this information, I would try to get to the bottom of it. Either through a medium or by cleansing your home. Please keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: