You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New House Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

New House Spirits

 

I have been seeing ghosts or glimpses of things since I was a kid. I remember seeing my grandmother coming out the front door of our house when I was a teenager, she was wearing a white gown with long sleeves. And I remember she had her glasses on. She had passed away 12 years before.

We moved into our new house 4 years ago. We hear whispers and people talking. We can't understand what they are saying. We hear walking upstairs when everyone is downstairs. Sometimes I will be getting ready in the morning after everyone has gone to school and work I will hear the pantry door open, or I will hear the door to the garage open. I am in the house by myself. It scared me the first time it happened I thought someone was in the house.

One time my husband and daughter saw a cat come down the stairs. We don't have any animals. You will see things out of the corner of your eye or you will see something on the stairs but when you look it's not there. I was cleaning the bathroom and I heard a female voice ask "Do you need any help?" I didn't say anything I just kept cleaning.

I was in the house alone about three months ago, I was upstairs on my laptop and I heard someone coming up the stairs. I started to get scared because nobody else was home. I looked at the bedroom door and I heard them coming up the stairs. They stopped for a few seconds, and then they started coming up the rest of the way to the top of the stairs and then it stopped. I got up and looked out into the hall and there was no one there. I checked my kids rooms and no one was there. No one I could see anyway.

I was helping my daughter with her homework one day last month and we heard a male voice say "Hello?" We both looked at each other and turned around and looked out the sliding glass door and there was no one there. It sounded like it came from behind us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maura87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sera (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
WOW,scary!Have you had anymore encounters? Who knows who was on the land before you.
ckb1 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hi Maura, Awesome story. Similar things have happened in my life also. Keep us updated on things.
Maura87 (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Thank you to everyone that commented. They don't seem to be harmful or anything like that. I say as long as they are nice to us, we will be nice to them. Thanks again. 😉 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Oh my gosh. Even though I felt they are residential spirits with no harm intentions, I personally would be so freaked out. "Do you need any help?" I would have dropped my scrubber and ran out like a mad woman. You are brave. The only advice I can give is see if anything else happens, in a bad way. If not, I would gently pray for the spirits move on. Also let them know you live here now and that you will respect them as long as they respect you.
Angel9090 (guest)
-4
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Mara I am a medium and I have a spirit guide and I get vibrations to confirm my questions with my guide and this is not a hoax. I do not think that a cleansing will work since I got a negative on that and there are a lot of spirits in the house. I asked if the spirits are old owners of the house and I got a negative on that. However, I got two positives that the house is like on some sort of burial land, possibly an Indian burial land. I asked if you should stay and work it out and I got a negative on that. You may want to look into the very old history of the land.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Maura87- Welcome to YGS. That sure sounds like a lot of activity. Some of it intelligent as well. One has to ask themselves if they are willing to live with it or do they want the activity to be gone.

One can peacefully live with house guest if they are wanting to. There are many members here that do that very thing. However guild lines should be established. It's an option. I personally have "guest". But I have to set guild lines so they don't mess with things they don't need to. So far so good haha.

Not all spirits are bad. One can read countless stories of that here on YGS. Sorry, I can start rambling and will continue to do so.
Angel9090 (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Have you ever tried telling the spirits that they are dead and to leave?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I like this account Maura. Direct and to the point. You seem to be accepting it all without any fear and it doesn't sound like you have much to worry about.

Do check out Rook's method if you feel uncomfortable with what's happening. A lot of people here have used it with success.

And if someone offered to help clean the bathroom, I'd tell them the Comet's under the sink with the toilet brush! 😆
Maura87 (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Thank you for responding to my story I was beginning to think no one was going to. I have found out that my house is on farmland that was sold to build houses so that explains the voices and such. I will check out the link you gave me. Thanks again.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Hi, Maura87... Welcome to YGS... Did you asked history of your house to anybody... I think getting history can somehow solve your problem... Do cleansing... We have one respected member on site Rookdygin... He has a cleansing method which is very effective please try it... I am providing you link...

http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

With Respect.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: