You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Cat Came Back To Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat Came Back To Say Goodbye

 

I'm 21 years old, we are Indians, from India settled in the United States. My parents are animal lovers and I've grown up with pets. We had daschunds when I was an infant and after they passed away from old age, we rescued two cats. Snaggle puss, a beautiful orange colored tabby that I rescued in 1998 and Fifi, a gray tabby that my dad bought home in 1999.

I grew up with my cats, and having been the only child considered them to be my siblings. They would always wait for me to get back from school and I would play with them, I didn't realise when the years flew by. They both were equally close to each other too, as they practically grew up together. I lost Snaggle to anemia and chronic renal failure on 27th October 2014, she wasn't eating and wasn't even responding to treatment. My vet, a very helpful and caring lady, tried everything she could to save my cat. My parents being devout Hindus didn't want to euthanize her.

She has grown really weak and ahe was stumbling. The day she passed away, she was in a coma. My dad asked the vet with a heavy heart if she was suffering and said we would put her to sleep if she was to which my vet said that she wasn't in pain and we could try to help revive her. She gave her an iron and vitamin injection and some medicines but they didn't help and we lost her at 6:30 in the evening.

My other cat Fifi who was sleeping in my room came out the very minute she breathed her last. We cremated her with flowers, her favourite blankie and her other things as she was incredibly possessive of them. After which we immersed her ashes in the sea.

I noticed something really weird the following few days. My other cat Fifi who was very vocal before had grown really quiet. At night he would constantly stare in one corner of the room then he would turn his head to the other side, as if he was following something that was moving from my door to the window. And he never did this before. We don't have mice, windows or dirt particles either cause our windows are always shut. Once he was looking towards the ceiling and staring at it constantly for like 15-20 minutes. Then he cried for a while and slept off. This was at 2 in the night. I woke up to use the loo at 5:15-5:20 in the morning. My cat when she was ailing would sleep in the corridor that led to the loo. And after I shut the door and was going back to my room, I felt a strong breeze of air on my back, no windows or doors were open and the ac wasn't on. I didn't think too much about it and went to sleep. I was too sad missing my cat and couldn't think of anything else.

The next morning I went to work, from that day onwards Fifi got better and started being his normal bubbly self, became more vocal like before. He stopped looking up at the ceiling and crying and stopped staring at the walls of my room. They were together 15-16 years and shared an amazing friendship. Did my cat come to say a final goodbye to us last night? I miss her terribly, she did come to visit me in my dream once and it looked so real. Do animals sense ghosts too?

Other hauntings by Mac_Barbie93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mac_Barbie93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Thank you so much BadJuuJuu:) <3 *hugs*
I thought I would share some pictures as well which would make it more personal. I'm searching my laptop and trying to find pictures of both my cats together. I shall post those too:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Wow what a cutie! A lot of character in her face. A human that has earned the love of a cat is a lucky human, and you are lucky. Thanks for sharing her picture, she truly was a gorgeous kitty.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Okay. Thank you. I am attaching a few pictures of my cat here, posting a link.
Http://s79.photobucket.com/user/Malavikah93/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps6b6da599.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
You can upload pictures to a photo sharing site, like photobucket. From there, you can put a link to the pic either in a comment or on your profile.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments. &#10084;&#65039; I miss her dearly but I take comfort in the feeling that she's in a better place, and she is no longer suffering. She used sit on a carpet in the living room and I still feel her presence in that spot.
Can I attach pictures here? If so how can I?:)
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Well, now I am all choked up and teary eyed. I hope my cats come back to say goodbye to me when they go.

I've had a cat slip into a coma, as well. I am very sorry for your loss.: (
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
It won't let me like BJJ or Hecate so yeah I like their comments and agree completely -BOOM-
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
Hi Mac Barbie93. BJJ said it perfectly! My pets are my family. When they pass, my grieving is intense. Watch out of the corner of your eye for impressions that Snaggle Puss has run by. It seems like you are tuned into him. I believe the love we share with them keeps their energy near. So sorry for your loss. Exploring this new impression of him helps with the transition for everyone. I think they have a hard time leaving us and their energy will still sleep in their favorite spot, do their usual things, if you know what I mean. Time heals.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
I'm sorry that you lost your cat. Animals become such a huge part of our families and it's difficult when their time comes.
I do believe that the animals who share our lives will check in on us from time to time, and I believe your cat did just that. It was probably easier for Fifi to notice Snaggle's presence as animals have better senses and follow their instincts, whereas us humans tend to overlook signs and ignore our feelings. Especially when we're lost in grief. I think Snaggle chose a dream to visit you, partly because we're more receptive to our feelings while dreaming, and partly because logic doesn't apply to dreams and we accept visitations easier.
That's my point of view anyway. Having lost animal companions over the years, I truly believe they find ways to comfort us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: