You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Creepy Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Creepy Experience

 

My name is Deepak and i'm 22 now. I live in a small town in India. When I was 12 years old, our family moved to a new house and it was an old house but nothing wrong about it. Things were great for the first few weeks. But one night while I was sleeping I woke up suddenly and I saw an old woman in white dress standing in front of me and she was staring at me. I was scared to death. Suddenly I realised that I can't move and that I lost my voice. I cried silently and I don't remember what happened next, I just woke up in the morning. I wanted to tell my parents about this but I didn't.

Another night after a few days, when all of us were sleeping, except my dad, he is watching tv. Suddenly the ceiling fan fell over my chest. I just can't bear the pain and I started crying like hell. My parents were worried about me and took me to a doctor. At that time when we came back and we all slept. I got this creepy feeling that I'm being watched. I just removed my blanket from my face and I can see that old woman on the ceiling. This time she was laughing at me and making very loud sounds. The thing is when ever I see her I can't move any part of my body and I can't even talk. I know I'm a kid when this happened but this isn't an imagination. I've told my mom about what happened to me and she said she also experienced something like that.

I don't know how it all stopped happening to me, but it stopped.

Also I've read somewhere that sleep paralysis may be the cause for the condition in which we cannot move or talk and when we feel tense we will imagine things that we will feel afraid. But I don't know which one is true.

Was the old woman just my imagination or a ghost?

If you guys also ever experienced anything like this, share it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deepak22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

4shangun (2 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-12)
Hi...Ishaan again... Iam back on the site somehow.

How have you been man...?
magicwand (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-27)
That ws scary to see an unknown in your own house 😨... Thank god u moved out of tht house... God bless u...
maxhealthindia (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Hey Deepak, you our warmly welcomed to YGS, Am very much happy that you finally moved from such creepy place, am bit sure that it was Lady ghost now I must say you won't face that time of situation again, God bless you & yourwhole family 😁
subhasshow (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Deepak, I also had experiences like that in my chilhood... But with age we become attach with this living world. In childhood I used to see some old people each night in front of my head... Though now I think they were not scary at all. But not from our world too. I could cry or move... Later I knew this is spirit walking... In childhood many people leave their body in sleeping but they comes back again... Sometime you felt you are just in air not in bed... Like that... This is one type of spirit walking...
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
Hi Deepak, your story was very scary. The old women was a ghost or she might be a owner of that house before your family arrived. Just check the history of that house. Do you still stay there and where is the location? Pls reply. God Bless You and Your Family
hridhya (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Hai deepak, I just want to ask you two questions... Do you believe in ghost.? And Do you and your family know the back history of the house may be some old women death...!
bhavi (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
thank you deepak for sharing your expirience it was indeed scary... I think it was evil entity not your imagination... Good that you moved out... Do you know if after you moving out did someone had expirience like that in house...
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
deepak22,
Yes, thanks that helps me visualize it much better, I get it now, that's pretty scary, sitting on the ceiling like some one would on the floor reminds me of something I just not sure what.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Hello deepak22! Very creepy story indeed. I have experienced sudden loss in physical power like someone has drained it and unable to perform normal physical movements when encountered with a paranormal entity once. I feel helpless as like yours.
I don't think that you were dreaming at all, it was really an evil entity.
Thanks for sharing it.

Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Dear Deepak,
Welcome to YGS. We would dearly like to help you in any way we can.
This is my bit;
Watch this documentary closely:
The Entity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4
It might contain some details which you might find common to your experiences too.

Regards
deepak22 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
[at] Ishaan
Thank you friend.
You said something similar happened to you. What is it?
deepak22 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
[at] sheetal As far as I know we were the first ones who moved to that house for rent. Previously the house owners lived there.
deepak22 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
[at] sam222. The screw that was attached to the support of fan came off from it. Imagine a person sitting on floor with his legs folded, the ghost was in same position but head down and bottom attached to ceiling.
deepak22 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
It stopped since the move. But i'm stil afraid of dark. Thank you for sharing your opinion ifihadyoux.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Well usually when someone is scared to death it raises their blood pressure, and high blood pressure can cause temporary paralysis. And You said the ceiling fan fell onto you, did it like come right out of the ceiling?!?!?!? Or did it come and like hang from and electrical cord. If it came right out of the ceiling, it had to have forced out, unless it was getting loose from the ceiling and just fell. Also you said you saw the woman on the ceiling, well can you describe that? Like How was she on the ceiling, was it here whole body or like just her head cause I could see a being on the ceiling but picturing the whole figure on the ceiling just keeps making me think of Spider-Man.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Hi, Deepak welcome to YGS... I am thinking how much you was scared when you saw that old women hanging on ceiling... 😨 😨 Oh Lord...

As you say it could be your imagination or ghost. I just want to ask to you. Do you know the history of that house may be some old women got unnatural death?

I think it was residual haunting...

God Bless you...
4shangun (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Certain experiences occured to me some 2 years ago. I am also from india and my name is ishaan. As per what I experienced there can be 2 conclusions:
1.If its really a ghost then your fear paralyzes you. Try to stand for yourself (as was in my case). It will be long gone
2.As you said it could be the play of your brain.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Is the activity still going on or did it stop since the move?
deepak22 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
No we moved after a few months since that incident happened to me
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
It honestly could have been either. Do you still live in the same place or have you moved?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: