You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was This A Ghost Or An Angel That Saved Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Was This A Ghost Or An Angel That Saved Me?

 

I do know that a light comes to take peoples soul into the afterlife when they are close to death or have died.

When I was about 8 years old, I was drowning when I jumped into a body of water which I thought was shallow and I went down the bottom of the deep trench. I was by the trench with some relatives who were fishing and I thought that area was shallow by the narrow side of the trench. After looking at my relatives standing in wide area and they seemed to be okay. But of course, they were taller and older than I and the smaller area of the trench was so deep that I just went down and floated away. I could actually feel the current of the water taking me away from my relatives as I went deeper into the trench.

At this time, I do not know how long I have been under the water, but a big bright yellow light was shining on me and if you look into it, it looks like a big long yellow tunnel filled with light. When I was in this light, I felt so happy and on to this day, I cannot explain why I was so happy. I guess the light is supposed to make people extra happy so that they can forget their worries. The light just makes you feel like you want to go in it and never return or think about anything else. It was a feeling of going with the flow of happiness which means going into the light. I also had to stay in the light because when I looked behind me it was so dark and there was water all around me. I was also afraid of how dark and dainty it looked behind me and I was afraid that I was going to drown in that body of water behind me.

Suddenly a white female with red hair and a long white dress emerged from the light and I thought she was a mermaid and she was probably going to hurt me and I was so afraid. However, I did not see her feet but she looked rather tall, slim and her hair was about shoulder length and she was really pretty. She was about 19 to 20 years of age. Her white dress was short sleeved and the neck was square cut not round. I guess this female sensed the terror in me and she told me not to be afraid. She scooped me up and she moved so quickly with me that I felt like she was rocking me in trying to get me up the water.

At this time, I could hear my relatives talking and she told me to put my hands up. I guess she wanted them to see me so that they can help me out of the water.

I have told few people about this experience. About three years ago when my mom passed away, I asked one of the ladies at my mom's funeral about the incident and I told her that something happened to me while I was in the water and she told me that I was only in the water for about five minutes and she pulled me out. Anyway, maybe five minutes is way too long for child to be under water with no air and I guess I was dying and the light came for me to take my soul or to help me.

I am glad that I was helped instead because my family would have been really upset if I had passed away in that body of water. I have been upset with my cousins for many years for not saving me earlier but I guess it is not their fault that I was washed away in the deep and they could not locate me sooner. I am not bitter with anyone but I do think about the woman in the light and I truly believe that she was the one who truly saved me. Whoever she is, I will always be thankful to her and I will never forget her.

As you can guess, I do believe in the light and I am 100 percent convinced that it comes for people upon the brink of death or at death.

The prayer that I have used to exorcise my apartment was my personal prayer which worked for me. I guess the spirits in my apartment was cooperative and they listened to my prayer and maybe the angels helped them to cross over as well. I have heard about spirits who does not want to cross over.

After watching a show on You Tube where Mary Ann Winkowski was the host, I have learned that spirits have about 80 hours to cross over in the light and if they have missed the light then they have missed it, but that there are other options for them to get the light again where they can go to a funeral home and get the light there. Usually the light will be at the funeral home to cross over deceased people.

Mary Ann Winkowsky has paranormal experiences with ghosts or spirits. She has written So Dead, When Ghost Speaks and As Alive; she lives in Ohio, U.S. Ms. Winkowsky is paid to attend funerals where relatives have a last conversation with their loved ones and she stated on her You Tube show that spirits have 80 hours to cross over into the light and if they have missed their opportunity, they cannot cross over unless they go to a funeral home. However, I have used my own personal prayer to cross over the spirits in my home and so far I have not had any further incidents with them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angel9090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angel9090 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
This all could have been a "brain" thing. We all have it at times. But then again, it could have been an angel.

Still, I have no trust in Mary Ann Winkowsky. She is PAID to go to funerals. That seems a little off mark to me. I could do the same. And THEN she tells you how many hours a spirit has to reach the light? Never heard of that.

Hi Troyarn and thanks for your reply. That woman that I saw in the light was as real as a person and very visible especially due to the fact that she came right up to me like a person at close range and it happened suddenly and that startled me also. I felt her touch when she rocked me up to the surface and most of all she talked to me and told me not to be afraid of her and to put my hand up when I was at the top surface of the water which signaled to my cousins where I was in the water orelse I would have been dead by now.

Like you, I also disagree with the 80 hour curfew of going into the light and I think that it can happen at any moment depending on the mood of the spirits.

I have seen many shows where it was believed that the spirits have crossed over only to find out that they have returned in a few days or months. I think that spirits really have to be convinced that they are dead and they do not belong on the earth plane and even then some of them may not want to go. Alot of people ask me why I am not able to cross over my fiance after 10 years and I do not have the answer to that myself. I stopped begging him to cross over and even lit some candles to cross him but he was very close to me and he does not want to go and you know what that is fine with me now as long as he understands that I am alive and I have earthly things to so.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
This all could have been a "brain" thing. We all have it at times. But then again, it could have been an angel.
Still, I have no trust in Mary Ann Winkowsky. She is PAID to go to funerals. That seems a little off mark to me. I could do the same. And THEN she tells you how many hours a spirit has to reach the light? Never heard of that.
At any rate, I'm glad you're happy with what you have.
Angel9090 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Thanks for your replies Revajane and Bella. I am learning so much about myself from these posts. I did not even realize that my NDE may have something to do with my supernatural experiences but it is all coming together and making sense.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
The gift you have to help lost soles cross over is something that was either awakened or given to you as part of this life's mission during you NDE when you were 8. By the way I have always love reading NDE stories ever since I first found the Raymond Moody books. Fascinating subject and many seem to come back with unlocked physic powers.

I don't believe this Mary Ann when she says that spirits have to cross at a funeral home. Not so sure about the 80hr thing either. I believe there is always a way for spirits to see the light if we/they can figure out how to unblock the path. To me it does not "feel" like the truth.
bella714 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
That's amazing! ❤ You were very, very lucky to meet the light and this angel. I think that the angel saved you first, then your mom pulled you out of the water after the angel told you to wave your hands. Your story is inspiring!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: