You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Pentagram Necklace

Real Ghost Stories

Pentagram Necklace

 

This is the first time I have shared my experience on this website. For those who are unsure, by pentagram I mean the symbol which represents the five elements, not the satanic symbol used in cults etc.

This event took place when I was about thirteen years of age (I am eighteen this year) and I often think about it to this day. When I was thirteen, I had my first ever boyfriend and we ended up dating for over a year. He had a long necklace with a pentagram pendant on it which he has had 'since always', as he said it. After we broke up I kept the necklace and I wore it pretty much every single day.

I am originally from Poland and every year I go back there for the summer for a fishing trip with my dad, his friends and their children who are my age. One time we were on a boat on a lake and for a joke, I was thrown in the water and as I came back onto the boat, I realised that my necklace was gone. After two years of wearing it everyday, it was gone. I was quite upset but a few days later I had forgotten about it. This happened in July/August 2011. We flew back to the United Kingdom (where I currently live) at the beginning of September - I wasn't thinking about the necklace because I knew it had gone and I couldn't do anything about it.

Everyday I was busy with school, homework, family gatherings and seeing my friends and I have never had any paranormal things happen to me. However, a few months after the summer (about March/April time in 2012), I woke up on a Saturday morning. It was quite early, earlier than I usually wake up on a Saturday morning (about 7am) - I stretched out, still laying in my bed and I put my hand under my pillow.

I felt a metal chain under it and to my shock, I pulled the necklace out from under my pillow. I didn't think much of it at first, I thought maybe since my dad or brother (who go fishing with me) saw how upset I was about the necklace so they fished it out and put it under my pillow. I went into the kitchen to find them both there and holding the necklace in my hand I showed it to them, saying "Really? You think this is funny? You could have given it back to me before." I know my dad and brother inside out and as I showed them the necklace, I could see it in their eyes that they were in shock. They didn't put it under my pillow. I am 100% sure of this.

I still have the necklace now, in 2015, although I don't wear it - it is in a box with all my other jewelry. Writing this has had my hands shaking and I really do not know what to think of this occurrence. I have been trying to explain it in my head but there is just no rational explanation.

Please, if anyone has any thoughts or advice, I would be grateful. Should I destroy it? Throw it away? Start wearing it again?

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanadis16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Trischa_D - try to be respectful of others beliefs and opinions. Not everything is demonic, nor evil.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
I think you should get rid of it. A pentagram still isn't a good symbol and if it came back like that there's probably something attached to it and because you have no idea if its good or bad I say get rid of it. Or look up your old boyfriend and give it back to him- or send it to him, even. Just get rid of it.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
elanoraemily,
Hey thanks for info, I read it. Thanks for taking your time to type that out, that was pretty long, but useful, thanks again.
😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Hopefully, because this really is a very nice story, the references to, and questions about, satanism in relation to this story will cease now.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Meh I threw the party so I am equally the one to blame here haha.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
We did, indeed. It's probably my fault lol I just had to post about it.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
... Thank you elnora. You are my savior because I would have gone overboard on this. We jinxed it.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Sam, A pentagram in the simplest answer is a pentacle (five point star) with a circle around it. Basically. Originally, at least. They are symbols of protection that are also symbols of the elements, unification, ect.

What people believe to be Satanic is an inverted pentagram, which is what most people believe is the only pentagram- and it really depends on who you talk to. Some people think that a upwards facing star in a circle is a pentacle, some people say it's without the circle and you will find sites that say both.

Satanism does not use this symbol. The symbols of actual satanism are typically the symbols of Lucifer and the demons, that they believe hold power and are linked to the actual demons. Most Satanic rituals are extremely simple and do not require drawing giant stars on the ground, unlike what Hollywood likes to show us.

Most of the Satanic thoughts towards pentagrams come from the Wiccan/Pagan use of them (which the church called dark magic, ect) and also old superstitious writings. Faust, for instances, has a scene where Mephistopheles is trapped by a pentagram. The Supernatural TV show used this, as well, but there is no basis for believing that they have this power.

Leveyan Satanism (which is mostly atheistic and does not involve any actual worship of Satan, but instead preaches worship of self) does use the Pentagram and even the upside-down crucifix (St. Peter's Cross) in their symbolism, but they are used metaphorically and satirically and are not used in any sort of worship. This is the main modern Church of Satan, which most people think is actual Satanism. It's not even close. They don't even believe in Satan. It's the Satanic equivalent to Pastafarianism.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
A pentagram is a star inside a pentagon right? (I'm pretty sure it is, but Some say its a star inside a circle, are they both pentagrams or are they totally different things?
And I never new it represent the five elements, what is the difference between your pentagram and the other kind (satanic or whatever you want to call it)?

These are the two kinds I was talking about
Http://www.lakeharrietlodge.org/lhl277/Portals/0/Images/pentagram_pentagon.png
Http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Inverted_Pentagram_circumscribed.svg/2000px-Inverted_Pentagram_circumscribed.svg.png

I'm guessing this is what you mean by five elements:
Http://4vector.com/i/free-vector-five-elements-and-pentagram_099785_Five_Elements_and_Pentagram.png
vanadis16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+7
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
I have decided to hang it up on my wall, that was I can appreciate it and it's not hidden away in a box:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
I'm glad they have calmed you down. Have you decided what you will do with the necklace?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Amazing. Really a neat story bout someone out there looks out for you. And nice, happy, normal comments too. Yeah!
vanadis16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Thank you everyone. All of your comments have definitively calmed me down about the whole experience!
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Too funny about expectations sometimes being met, and sometimes not...

I sometimes get too attached to things. So, I now think of myself as a steward. Sometimes, a "thing" that I own, that might be very dear to me, has actually just been in my safekeeping for a bit, until this new person has now come along to whom it belongs. I often think, "ahhhh, this "thing" is for you!" Be it a crystal, a book, even a kitchen gadget. Perhaps this necklace is awaiting the next person for whom it will be meaningful, and it is your duty to pass it on. Maybe? Just a thought. Namaste.
Hecate
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
brings the cake, cookies, and soda pop to this celebratory party and dances; WOO HOO
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
I was half expecting to come back to this story and see 34593935 comments about the evils of pentagrams and how the OP is a Satanist and that is not okay.

I am actually very happy to see that has not happened.

This calls for a celebration!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Wow, what an extremely cool experience.
As to what to do with the necklace, that's completely up to you. I would keep it, and probably hang it on the wall. But, I have several necklaces I rarely wear, but the sentimental value makes me want them where I can see them. The journey your necklace made would put it in the category of a fascinating item I'd want to see and be reminded of the mysteries in life.

(If, elnora, I hope we don't have to fight that fight again anytime soon. I don't have the patience lol.)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
haha yes you, me, BJJ, and I believe even Miracles have fought the great fight and have won and done victory shots 😆 😆 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Bahahaha. You and I have fought together against such things before.:P

BJJ as well.

Oh, good times.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Ahem. In that last sentence in the first paragraph, that was supposed to be "now" and not "no."

Sorry about that.

Comments should have edit buttons...
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
hahah especially for me because I would have been all "uh no" but like I said, glad it's not 😆 😆 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Hahaha, if Ihadyoux, that was my exact first thought."Oh, no, not another person making up stories about a pentagram!" My fears have no subsided.

Vana, this is a very fascinating story. I like Miracles' theory on someone returning it to you because they knew how much you loved it.

I wouldn't destroy it or throw it away. I would either wear it or give it away.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
As soon as I saw this title I was all "this better not be what I think it is" and am glad you know it represents the 5 elements. So happy to see that!

That is a lovely encounter and though I am not sure 100% of your beliefs and what they were or are today, maybe your totem gave it back to you if your family didn't? The logical explanation is Miracles answer, of course, but from a wiccan/pagan viewpoint here, if it was lost and you were supremely upset by it, maybe that was the result.

As far as the necklace now, if you want to wear it, wear it. If you honestly don't want it, donate it to someone or somewhere. Don't throw it away 😢!

Anyway, done for now. Blessed be 😆.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
vanadis16 - first, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your story with us. This is one I can certainly relate to. Mine was about my earring though.

My personal opinion is someone, not living, realized how much that necklace meant to you and returned it to you. Do I think you should destroy it or throw it away? No, I don't. I look at it as a gift was returned to you 😊 Whether you choose to wear it again it up to you. I have my earring (s) in now LOL Wear them every day 😆

Not to promote my own stories, but if you're interested in my experience, here's the link http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10810

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: