You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Camelot

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Camelot

 

This story takes place at the Camelot apartments in Ogden. Me and my mom lived there when I was 5-8 years old. I knew at that time that there was something wrong with our apartment, but being so little, I didn't get the world of the paranormal. I was 7 when this event happened.

Me and my mom just got done watching the blues brothers (the 1970s version), and it was getting late, so my mom told me it was time for bed. We went into my room, she helped me get into my pajamas and tucked me in my bed. She kissed me goodnight and left the room (she left my door open, so if I needed her she would hear me easier). I started drifting off to sleep, was about halfway to r.e.m. When I heard a woman's voice say, "Heather?" Before I opened my eyes, I could feel a presence in the room and it sure did not feel like my mom.

I slowly opened my eyes and I could see a woman standing by my dresser. She had curly short brown hair (my mom had blonde hair), and she was wearing a nightgown and robe and had a scarf around her neck. Her face had no features and she said again, "Heather?" At this point, I could tell my scared, anxious feeling was starting up, so at that point I started screaming for my mom.

I screamed "Mom!" 3 times and by now, my mom made her way down our hall to my room and asked me what was going on. I told her about the lady saying my name, what she looked like and that she scared the heck out of me. She, of course, didn't see her at all, but my mom didn't question what I saw (my mom had already seen her grandmother's ghost at my grandparents' house so she believed in ghosts).

She lay down with me in my bed and comforted me until I fell back asleep. The next day, such was a school day, while I was in school, my mom was intrigued so much in my event, she went over to our manager's office and asked if anybody died in our particular apartment. The lady manager told my mom that apparently, way before we moved in, a lady was found in my bedroom (her bedroom at the time), hanging from a scarf that she rigged on the clothes rod in the closet between the door jams...

Of course, I didn't find this out until a few years ago, luckily, because I could take hearing that as an adult better than a child. I couldn't believe that this poor lady was so depressed that she did whatever it took to end her own life. Well, hopefully she has moved on since then and has found peace.

Other hauntings by twisterwatcher7

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twisterwatcher7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
It is Really Great that your mom believed you. So Many parents don't!
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
That's chilling. It's good your mother gave your story validation. If my child said that, I would too. I'd also switch rooms, because no way on earth would I let my child sleep in a room with an active haunting. Question... Do you think the spirit was even aware of you?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Hi, twisterwatcher7 simply creepy... And it's good that your mom believed in you...

With Respect...
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Poor lady...!
May be she tried to communicate with you and its good to know that she has moved on.
Nice experience Twistwatcher.

Thanks to share
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
And she knew your name! That's enough right there! Did you see her any more after that? Good story.
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Well, unfortunately me and my mom moved out 5 months after that event... I hope whoever lives there now can hopefully help her out and get her to the light... If she's still there, that is... Thank you for the comment!:))
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Wow that's creepy. Interesting that the ghost knew your name. Do you still live in the house? Could you help her move on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: