You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Figure In The Camp

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Figure In The Camp

 

This is my second story on YGS and please ignore my grammar and spelling mistakes because I'm not very good in English.

In the summer 2012, me and few of my friends went on camping in a far away camp site in a forest. We were planning to take some nature photographs since the forest is very famous for birds, tigers, as well as wild elephants. We had 15 student members in our group and two lecturers. Actually the leader of our camp was Mr. Fernando who was well experienced in organizing these kind of camps for his students.

He was very strict throughout the whole camping event because out of 15 students 10 were boys and they were difficult to handle because they were always trying to do some nasty stuff such as getting drunk. Alcohol was not allowed in our small camp and Mr. Fernando was very strict about the rules. We had two separate tents. One for girls and the other one was for boys.

In the second day of our camp we woke up early and went deep into the forest with Mr. Fernando. Since it is a long journey we had to pack our backpacks with cameras, first aid and with some food for the lunch. We all wanted to take some good photographs to take back home. In the middle of the forest we had to stop and take our lunch.

After the lunch we were asked to get a short break and some were resting while others were taking photographs of the nature. After about 10 minutes we heard someone scream and got to know that it was Derik from our group. He was taking a photograph of a bird and someone had pushed him from his back and he has fallen into the ground and broken his camera. He was complaining about his friend Mohan thinking that he's the one who pushed him from the back. But Mohan was talking with me all that time and I thought it should be someone else. But Mr. Fernando was bit upset about this. We came back to our camp and was tired and went to sleep early that day.

On the 3rd day of our camp we had a barbeque in our site and Mr. Fernando provided us with good meat. We started our barbeque around 7:30pm and around 9pm our meat was smelling really good and we were eating our barbequed meat with some drinks and one of our friends started playing a guitar. We were gathered and sitting in a round talking to each other while the barbeque oven was little bit away from us. Mr. Fernando stands up eventually and turn the meat on the oven. While we were sitting there, 4 of our friends suddenly screamed looking at the barbeque oven and Mr. Fernando stood up like he has seen a ghost. We all looked that side but I didn't see anything or anyone.

As I got to know later, that 4 students and Mr. Fernando have seen a tall hairy figure standing near the barbeque and stealing our meat. The figure was so scary according to the students and was not human. All the meat was thrown away by Mr. Fernando and we had biscuits for the dinner. Derik suddenly looked so scared and was telling us that he did feel the hairiness in the hands of the person who pushed him the day before. We didn't know who was that man or the figure. But even though we all looked at that side all of us couldn't see it. Only a few saw the figure and rest of us could see the emptiness.

After coming back home Mr. Fernando told us that it's a special kind of a spirit like the ones we call devils or demons. Have any of you seen this kind of a thing? I'm very curious to know and please comment.

Other hauntings by Simie

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
I don't know what this but my best guess is that it was a forest spirit. A being that watches over and protects it's environment. Some people see them some don't,some say they are large, some say it is small. But all describe it as a hairy scary creature that can "transport" to where it wants to make sure nobody disrespects or harms the forest. It may have been hungry is why it took some meat or angry that you were cooking. I don't know much about it's eating habits so that is just a theory,
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
As a native Washingtonian, I want this to be Sasquatch. The fact that he was seemingly invisible to many of you may challenge that possibility, however there are many animals whose fur blend in very well with their environment, and it may be that he (or she) just blended in too well for anyone except the most observant or nearby to see him or her.

And animals do like tasty meat. 😊 Yep, I vote Sasquatch.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Simie interesting tale 😊 Have to say got to agree on the Sasquatch theory but wonder why not all of you saw it?

As a by the way Nectorvore yep we have the bunyip and the other you're thinking of is called the Yowie which is our aussie version of Bigfoot/Sasquatch 😊
Simie (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Dear Khizie,MandyyNicole,TinAA,Nectarvore,elnoraemily,MandyyNicole and demonshauntme

Thanks for commenting. The thing is we all couldn't see the figure. Some of us did see while others couldnt. And the meat was smelling bad we had to throw it away.
demonshauntme (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Dear Simi, after reading your story again, I'm thinking that, it might have been something other than a demon, but still... Not trying to scare you. Best wishes! Oh, and please forgive me, if I wrote something that would upset you, did not mean to.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Has anyone else seen the bigfoot hunter show on animal planet (I think it's on animal planet)? And if so, is it just me that giggles like a school girl every time someone calls it a "squatch"? Lol 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Sasquatch! I love these sorts of stories!

As a total joy killer, I have to point of it could have been a bear. They love the smell of food and will steal directly from pans, over fires, cars, tents, ect. There are several types of Sri Lankan native bears and they are capable of standing on their back legs and even walking that way for short distances.

I definitely don't think it was anything like a demon.

Personally, I vote for Sasquatch. Mostly because I love sasquatches.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I really doubt it was a demon. I agree with the Sasquatch theory. Here, in Australia, we have an Indigenous legend about a creature called the Bunyip... It lives near water. There is conflicting theories about whether it's hostile or benevolent regarding humans. Also... Conflicting theories on what it looks like. We also have a local legend about a big foot, too. Hairy, humanoid, curious about humans. Shy. Lives in the forest. Perhaps it is something similar to that... Perhaps where you live has a local equivalent. It's far more likely than being a demon in my opinion. I believe in demons, it just doesn't fit the description of one. I'd be more inclined not to wander too far alone in the dark, here, as opposed to pray. The thing sounds wild as opposed to unholy. Just my opinion.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
oh my god... Its a scary experience Simie.
I am imagining how the ghost would have looked like after reading your story. You were truly lucky enough to get back unharmed from there.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Okay, it is NOT a demon. That's absurd. Truly.
If I had to guess, I would say some sort of elemental spirit, or possibly a 'sasquatch' type of creature (which I believe would be relatively harmless).
Quite an interesting story; whatever it was, it sounded like a curious critter. I like how it was stealing the meat, I think it liked what you guys were cookin'! I wonder if it shoved your friend down because he would have captured a picture of another 'sasquatch' creature within the forest.
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
hi, a Kapre is like a natural entity. It's not really usually harmful but can get really territorial. Well, a way to avoid it might be to not go any large trees that are seem to be eerie. But in case you cant, just excuse yourself every time you pass by:)
Simie (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Dear Khizie,

Thank you for commenting. Is 'kapre' a demon? Or is it an animal? How do you avoid it?
Simie (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Dear demonshauntme,

Thank you for commenting.
Yes we did pray. Of course we are not going to that place again. I'm wondering whether that incident had a connection with the barbecued meat? Are they coming because of the smelling of burning meat?
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
In our country, the Philippines, what you might encounter was a "kapre. " It's a tall hairy figure that smokes large tobaccos and likes to hang out on tall trees.
demonshauntme (1 stories) (29 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Simie, I had a lot of, and by that I mean a lot of demonic attacks, and I can say that you guys were lucky to get away with only a litle activity. It is a demon at least I think so. Now truth is that they are not going to make friends with humans, they are dangerous, evil beings. My best advice is to pray to god. With respect to your religion it is still my christian duty to warn you: do not try to summon spirits, do not go to haunted places, and pray if it appears again. There are a number of other things that could have happened like actual attack, attempt of so called "posession" (the right term is being demonized or having a demon). So you are lucky. Best wishes!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: