You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Was Always The Favorite

Real Ghost Stories

I Was Always The Favorite

 

My mother had me when she was 16. So growing up, my grandpa did anything and everything for me. I was his favorite even out of his two kids.

He passed away at the age of 56 in his home in Shelby, Ohio for no known cause. He just went to bed and my grandma found him on his back with foam around his mouth.

A few days after he passed we all gathered at the house to help my grandma with arrangements. I went upstairs to the bathroom which is next to his room (they had separate rooms) and I could hear someone snoring in there. Automatically I was furious because no one should of been in there since he had just passed away. I stormed downstairs and demanded to know who was in there but no one said a thing.

At the funeral, I went up to say goodbye and subconsciously I was praying for him to wake up and that's then he slid his hand down his stomach.

A few days went by and I stayed with my cousin and grandma at the house. The next morning I walked down the stairs from the bathroom and my grandpa turned the corner and walked straight through me up to his room which has a lock on it.

A year went by and one of the bar stools to their table went missing and it was HIS stool. They searched everywhere and finally checked his locked up room. They found it sitting next to his bed. Frightened by this my grandma burnt the chair.

Ever since he has passed I will get dreams of him showing me burning down houses or my grandma dying. I have asked him to stop but he hasn't. He won't show anyone else this. It's been 4 years this June and he stills visits mine and his house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tiff2905, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
First, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Second, I have a question regarding "At the funeral, I went up to say goodbye and subconsciously I was praying for him to wake up and that's then he slid his hand down his stomach.". Correct me if I'm wrong, but by this time his body should have been embalmed thus making the body extremely stiff. How would the hand slid? I'm not saying I don't believe the story but I am having trouble understanding that part. Please clarify.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Yes, it sounds like he's being a guardian. If you ask him to elaborate he might help. I understand your grandmother though. I once sold every stick of furniture that I inherited becouse the feelings were overwhelming. Thankyou for the story.
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Sorry for your loss,couldn't help commenting because I've had a smiliar experience with my late uncle. I think the dreams are warnings and instead of asking him to stop you can ask him to elaborate so you can understand. You never know...
Take care
tiff2905 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
SDS,
Yes my mom has a lot. And in the dreams I ask him to stop but he isn't angry or anything just concerned
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Hi tiff2905, welcome to YGS. Sorry for your loss. You said you have asked him to stop showing you things in your dreams like burning of houses, death of your grandma etc. When and how did you tell him?

And have anyone in the family sensed or felt or seen him, even in their dreams?

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Ah, I see. Most coroner reports list causes by determining natural deaths, suicides, homicide and unknown factors. A natural death/no cause does not mean there was no reason. Rather, it's a classification that there was no external influence in this passing- no overdose or any factors that would have leave to the cause of the death by natural causes. An edema, heart attack or such are natural causes of death. There is a cause, but it will be listed as natural with no external cause leading to it. Infortately, 56 seems young, but many things can go wrong.

I am very sorry for your loss.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Ok...How did that happen? My last comment should have posted on elnora's experience 'She proved me wrong'.

Please pardon the interuption.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Elnora,

I understand what you mean about needing an open mind when it comes to psychics... I had a friend in High School once challenge me to a 'contest' he did not believe I was an Empath... And claimed he was, he also said he could get 'Inside' anyones head no matter what precautions they had taken. Well... He asked me to sit down and he would prove it... After 10 minutes of him attempting to get inside my head I let my defences down... As I focused on the theme song from the Smurfs.

He instantly started laughing and hummed the song on and off for the next 3 days so I know he had at least tuned into my head... But his gift was only with living people he could not feel, hear or see spirits. Thanks for sharing and for keeping an open mind.

Respectfully,

Rook
tiff2905 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
No, I've read over his death certificate, it says "no known cause, natural death" but he was only 56
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Yeah I am thinking that as well. I keep trying to up vote you Elnora but it won't let me again. [boo]
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
I was thinking that maybe she was too young to be told and they just told her that he died. It's understandable in that regard.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Maybe the author isn't aware of the cause because the author at the moment is a teenager? They might not have told them.

Thanks for the info Elnora 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
A pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that forms in the lungs. If caught in time, you will usually survive.

It could have also been pulmonary edema, which is when fluid builds in the lungs.

The problem I have at the moment is that the writer says that no cause of death was found, when basically all causes for death with that symptom are common enough that a doctor would have known what happened. The foam in the mouth makes it fairly obvious.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
v I don't even know what that is Elnora, sounds creepy. As far as him showing these things to you, maybe it's a huge warning?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Foam at the mouth sounds like a Pulmonary Embolism: (I am very sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: