You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evil Feeling

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Feeling

 

So my dad and I moved into this flat about 2 years ago and right before we moved in we got given a key each so I went to see the house for the first time with my two friends. We stupidly tried to communicate with anything that was there and nothing happened so we just left it.

After about a month of living there some strange things started happening. I have a small room with my bed on the same wall as the door (the door is at the foot of my bed) and the in-wall wardrobe is on the other side of the door. One night I woke up to my wardrobe doors shaking violently. I sat up and as soon as I looked at the wardrobe doors they stopped shaking instantly. No matter how hard I try to recreate it and stop it instantly I couldn't, they just keep shaking until they stop by themselves.

About a week later I was watching Youtube on my computer while lying in bed and there is a window behind the computer with Venetian blinds. While I was just relaxing I saw out of the corner of my eye that my blinds were moving. I checked the window but it was shut and I waved my hand over the outline of the window and there was no draft. I went back into bed and suddenly my blinds moved like a sudden jolt and hit the window like someone had hit them (sounds weird I know but trust me).

Heaps more things have happened but if I wrote them all down you would be reading this forever. But now to the most recent and scariest story. Last night my friend Brooke stayed the night and we have been friends since we were 8 (we are now 15). Even in primary school we were always interested in this kind of stuff and we would watch "ghost videos" on youtube during our free time.

Anyway she stayed last night and we kept hearing someone walking up and down the stairs which are right outside my room. We had heard this heaps before but this time it sounded heavier and louder, so loud that it would have woken us up if we were asleep (which my dad was in the room next to us and he didn't hear a thing). We tried communicating to just by talking, we turned the lights off and lit 2 candles we made sure we were looking for someone friendly to talk to and that they should knock once for yes and twice for no.

Nothing was happening until we both started feeling cold and we both got goosebumps. Then one of the candles started flickering so we asked it to stop flickering it but it didn't stop so I moved it somewhere else. It didn't stop it just got more intense and the other one started doing it too. The room felt very heavy and not nice then we heard a massive crash coming from the bathroom which is in between my room and my dad's room.

After the crash we heard a noise like a light switch turning on and off but when you turn the light on in the bathroom a fan turns on and doesn't turn off until 10 minutes after you turn it off. I went to investigate and the fan wasn't on and nothing had fallen over we were freaked out and for the rest of the night we kept hearing the footsteps on the stairs.

This morning I asked my dad if he heard it (which he must have because it was really loud) but he says he didn't hear a thing. Can someone help me because there are noises happening as I write this and I'm freaked out!

Other hauntings by Ojjo19

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ojjo19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
I can't help but feel like a bit of a skeptic when I see this story. Such as the crash from the bathroom you heard. Did the noise resemble a metallic clank? If so it might have been pipes. Pipes can make some really odd noises at times, I've had it happen myself where there was a sudden clanging that scared the heck out of me but I found it was only the pipes. But there are instances in your story that point to a haunting. The footsteps being one of them. So I'm thinking you do have a haunting, but it might not be as bad as it seems to be. Though I'm only assuming. I'm sure you were beyond terrified during these experiences.
I would suggest hiring a team of investigators to see what kind of haunting you are having and go from there. Hope I was a help and good luck in the future:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
I don't think that came off as rude, a nice warning. I'm sure ojjo knows this though.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Hello Ojjo19

Did you communicate using a spirit board or just asked questions out loud?

I live in an apartment which my stairs and my neighbors stairs are side by side. Sometimes when my neighbors walk not run up and down the stairs it sounds like it is on my side.

I don't want to sound rude but maybe you should of left well alone and not tried to communicate with anything. You may have opened up a door, can't never tell these days what is lurking about in these houses, apartments etc.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
New Zealand does get earthquakes, so I wonder if what caused the wardrobe and blind was perhaps earth tremors? You might not necessarily feel it, but the vibrations are picked up by such things.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but flickering candle flames just have way too many variables involved (Miracles listed quite a few) to be any real kind of indicator.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I am a bit confused as how you can differentiate the stair sound to the point where the stairs were not involved with any stairs in the building. Different people, or guests of your neighbors, will create different sounds based on their weight, speed, ect. Even an animal will generate a different sound.
Ojjo19 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Hey, so with the neibours running up and down the stairs, we know what it sounds like when someone next door is running up and down the stairs and we know what it sounds like with our stairs and I can 100% say that it is deffinately our stairs not next door.

Also we have never heard light switches going on and off before and it has only just started just recently. There is something I should have put in the story but I thought it would have been too long so I will write another story about it.

It is impossible for a draft to make the blinds move the way they did, it was like someone hit them or something. It is also impossible for a draft to move the wardrobe doors as violently as they did also 100% sure of this.

There is no air vent in my room or and I checked the window for any drafts and there wasn't one, plus I have lit candles in my room before and the flame and never flickered so violently before.

We tryed to communicate because I just wanted to see if there was anything in my house at all, I don't usually do this but I just wanted to try it. Obviously we hadn't moved in yet so there was no furniture and we just sat in my empty room an tried asking for knocks and that kind of stuff.

I do live on a main road and trucks don't usually go past but busses do but they stop running at 12am and we were doing this at around 2am.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Ojjo19 - I would also like to know the answer to the question val asked, as well as how did you try to communicate?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
"We stupidly tried to communicate with anything that was there", was there a reason you thought there might be?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I agree with Griff, Ifi and Miracles.:)

Thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Griff - to add to your possible causes, I burned candles for many years and they have a mind of their own sometimes 😉

A lingering breeze from the movement of a hand or someone walking can cause a candle to flicker long after everything has stopped. I've had candles whose flame flickers in an absolutely still room. I think it's the style, manufacturer, size of the candle, size of the wick, whether or not it's in a container, etc that can create a flicker.

Just thoughts as I read this 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I would agree with Griff about the thin walls, depending upon where you live, the walls could be a key factor as far as shaking the doors or hearing the crash. As well as the seals to the windows.

I was going to ask if you live right off of a main road and do you have trucks going passed them a lot? Trucks have a higher gross vehicle weight than cars and can cause buildings to shake which we only really see in closets or windows.

As far as the candles for me, energy can alter a candles flame, but that could come from you, your friend, or whatever is in the room.

And lastly, maybe this is a residual haunting? Meaning that whatever energy was left there from past events is repeating itself. Please let us know!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Hi Ojjo19, welcome to YGS.

Could you be hearing a neighbour running up and down stairs and banging around at all? I obviously have no idea what your flat is built out of, but usually they don't have the thickest of walls, and are not the most sound proof of places in the day, let alone at night. This could also account for the sound of a light being switched on.

With regards to the moving blind and flickering candles, and perhaps even the wardrobe doors, first are the seals of the window fully intact, or have they degraded over time which can create a draft, and if not this, then is there an airvent in the room, or in a room close by which could be causing a breeze, or even a sort of vacume if both are letting in air.

I say this to purely to try and help eliminate possible causes before looking in to other explanations.

Please let us know 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: