You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Voodoo House

Real Ghost Stories

Voodoo House

 

This is very difficult for me to write because of the occurrences that transpired when I was in the house I am going to tell you about. When I was 6 years old until the time I was 12, I lived in a house in the East Bay of California. It was the 1980's and the house only had one previous tenant. It was only four years old when my parents decided to buy the house. Nothing seemed strange about the house at first. I slept in a room right across the hall from my parents and if anything were to happen I could yell and get their attention.

One night, about a year after moving in, me and my parents heard a large thud at the front door of the house. My father went to the front door (keep in mind that the time was about 11pm at night). When my father opened the door there was no one there, but when he looked down at the door mat there was a chicken with its head chopped off. My parent, having come from a very superstitious background, knew right away what this was; it was an attempt to invoke evil spirits into the house. We had no idea who would want to do this but it was obvious that they did not like us.

Two month later I was sleeping in my bedroom and that is when the occurrences began. I woke up in the middle of the night and when I look into my closet I saw a tall woman with a white dress staring into the closet. I was so scared, I thought I was dreaming at first but I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself and I felt the pain and knew I was not dreaming or seeing things; this was real! Instead of yelling I just went back to sleep.

The next night I slept with my parent and I told them the story. They said that maybe it was the voodoo, but even at my age, I was a bit skeptical. I should have not been because about three months after the first incident I woke up again in the middle of the night and right beside my bed was a woman with white hair and her body was transparent. She looked demonic and the moonlight was shining right through her. Her hand was reaching out for me and again I check to see if I was awake. I was, and I tried to wake my parents up but they would not wake up, after that attempt, I passed out from being so frightened.

I told my parents what was happening and they had the house blessed. This helped for a little while but the occurrences started happening again. This time with everyone in my family experiencing what I did. My sister, who is 16 months younger then me, went to the backyard in the middle of the night to feed my dog, when she looked up and saw misty forms reaching out toward her. She yelled and ran back to tell my parents.

Other times my whole family would be eating and a black form would step in front of us and move away and my parent would say; "hey, did you see that!" We would always say yes, after a while we got used to those occurrences. However, there were even more terrifying events.

My mother one time was saying goodbye to my family friends and something rubbed up against her and went inside the house. There was no one there. Another time my family was having a New Years Party and, on the glass door in the backyard were three big knocks. My family and extended family were right in front of the glass door and saw no one on the other side. We look at the backyard and no one was there. Sometime there would be knocks on the front door in the middle of the night. This became annoying after a while and my parents and I stopped answering the door.

Another time I got possessed and had no control over my body and began speaking words from my mouth that I had no control over and my body moved without me being able to control it. Yet, another time, when my uncle was over, I had to sleep by my parents. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at the ground and I saw something crawling toward me. It looked evil, I can't describe it other then saying that it was foul looking. The last thing that really impacted me what when I was taking a shower and the water became so hot I got burnt. No matter how much I turned the cold water high, it still was scolding hot. My babysitter tried to find out what was going on too. When we looked at the water heater, the heat knob was turned all the way up. In front of the heater were big empty water bottles and none of them were out of place. That meant that no one physical could have moved that knob.

I can't tell you anymore because so many things happened in that house and we moved after having lived there for 6 years. Until this day, I cannot sleep with the light off. I will be traumatized by that place for the rest of my life. If anyone reading this story has similar occurrences please move out! Do not stay! It will always be with you in your memories. That is the only reason I am writing this.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anonymous, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Excaliburhope1 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
I was the person who wrote the story and all of it did happen without embellishment or mistruths. I called the story Voodoo House because an unknown person kept of throwing a severed chicken head at the door to the house. I found out that this may be more a Hoodoo practice, not Voodoo. The questions I saw posted 8 years ago, I will attempt to answer if anyone even reads this anymore:

1) When your house was blessed, can you please describe what went on in the ceremony?

It was a normal catholic ceremony with holy water and bible verses.

2) Was it difficult to just go back to sleep after seeing a strange woman standing in your room in the middle of the night?

I forced myself to sleep. It was terrifying.

Did that happen with some regularity in your old neighborhood?

No

3) When something rubbed against your mother, how did you know it went into the house if you couldn't see anything?

My mom described that the entity rubbed her going toward the door to the house which was only 1 foot away from her. It was the garage entrance.

4) You were possessed? What did you do about it? Please describe this in detail because it's straight up incredible even in light of your other experiences.

I was asleep and woke up. I started speaking in tongues and was unable to control my actions or what I was saying. I prayed inside my head and what ever it was left me. It was an experience that I would rather forget.

5) If you could see something crawling toward your bed, and know that it was "foul looking," then why can you not describe it any further? And if it was accosting your position in the bed, what did you do about it? Did you just go to sleep instead of take action?

It looked like it had a box on its head and hands. I got so scared that I jumped out of bed but I was young and reacted foolishly and ended up right beside it. So I jumped back on the bed I was on and leaped to turn on the light. As soon as I did it disappeared.

6) How does having water bottles in front of the boiler imply that nobody could have touched the water knob? Couldn't they just replace them after adjusting the knob? I don't understand how this is proof of anything.

The only other person there was the baby sitter and she was sound asleep and had to wake her up. However, I do not exclude that you may be correct on this one.
imyoproblm (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
things happen. Pray bEFORE YOu go TO sleep... All I sayin. I started seeing clowns with knives in their hands... I prayed and they were gone.
GOD IS WITH YOU!
❤ BRITT ❤
megankay (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
umm why is it called voodoo house? Were voodoo and/or cult things preformed here. Maybe there was a house there before and your house was built over the ruins.
😉 Megan 😉
rakiishi123 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
when things stats to take over your body... I think it an indication you should do something about it... 😠
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
why do you call this a voodoo house?
there seems to be no indication of voodoo having been practiced in the house... The animal on the front porch/at the front door doesn't indicate voodoo necessarily...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Wow, Excaliburhope,
I sincerely hope that you are still with us on this site. What a traumatic experience. I can see why you would not want to talk about it. I think, though, if you would take a look around the site you may find others who have had very similar experiences and they may also be a great source of help for any post traumatic experience you may still be going through.
Take care of you. And thank you for sharing this.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hi! Excaliburhope, Thank you for the reply! And don't worried I understand how you refuse to continue to talk about it! For the record I believe in possession more than you can imagine! If you read my story, "My aunt's possession", you'll see why. Dont feel obligated to talk about the past if you don't want to, we were just concerned of your well being.

Just so you all know, I'm a 22year old yound woman who is still afraid of the dark and refuses to be alone when is dark! So I understand completely.

love always, NB ❤
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Excaliburhope, we appreciate your feedback. Most people will be willing to believe once you answer their questions, but we have a few far fetched stories where the author never comes back (we call them hit and runs), so you have to understand why many can be skeptical when confronted with "anonymous" submissions. But once you prove you willingness to defend your story, you generally get more support.
Excaliburhope (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Adding to what I said, I would rather not speak about this to anyone. It really scared me and it still does, I don't even sleep with my light off at night...EVER! So, thank you for your comments, but please respect that I would rather not talk about it. Thank you.
Excaliburhope (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
I was the person who wrote the story and it is not fake. You don't believe in possesion, well I don't care. It happened! As far as the questions that one of the readers asked I will answer it. I knew the entity went into the house because my mother was standing right by the door. The old women in my room was very scary and I passed out, that is how I was able to sleep. My house was blessed in the regular Catholic way of holy water and prayers. The possesion is extremely difficult for me to discuss, it is like having someone in control of you and you are fighting to take control of your body again, I felt dizzy and disoriented and conuld not make any choices as to what I wanted to do, it was tramatizing. As for the fowl looking creature, it looked demonic, I can't talk about that, I am still horrified by it. Lastly, the water bottles were in the garage and no one ws in garage and tha garage was closed. The only othe rperson in the house was asleep. All doors leading into the garage were locked. I hope this answers your questions, I would not make this up, it was truely horrific. I don't care if you believe me, I wrote this story as a warning, not to be given any attention. Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
A few questions:
1) When your house was blessed, can you please describe what went on in the ceremony?
2) Was it difficult to just go back to sleep after seeing a strange woman standing in your room in the middle of the night? Did that happen with some regularity in your old neighborhood?
3) When something rubbed against your mother, how did you know it went into the house if you couldn't see anything?
4) You were possessed? What did you do about it? Please describe this in detail because it's straight up incredible even in light of your other experiences.
5) If you could see something crawling toward your bed, and know that it was "foul looking," then why can you not describe it any further? And if it was accosting your position in the bed, what did you do about it? Did you just go to sleep instead of take action?
6) How does having water bottles in front of the boiler imply that nobody could have touched the water knob? Couldn't they just replace them after adjusting the knob? I don't understand how this is proof of anything.

Your story is truly frightening. I look forward to receiving more details on your encounters. Thank you.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Yeeah, everything was sounding real until the posessed part. Lol! OMG there's no real email? So fake. Bye byes!
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Hey guys, I agree with both of you, but you have to think that maybe this person just wanted to share their story and are to scare to continue to talk about it. Seems to me that this person is not taking it so well after being traumatized for so many years! Believe me I am terrify of the dark after living at my grandmothers house that was so haunted by so many different kinds of entities! 😨 and I just turn 22yrs old.

Either way I hope this person is doing ok and comment back soon! ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
No problem Chris, I know that people are often busy and can't be here as much as they like. Once I return stateside I am sure I will slow down myself. I Look forward to seeing you make that senior poster title. It was enjoyable to read this story Chris, but I have come to believe that when an author provides a phony email address and says they won't read the comments then the story is usually fake. Take care and keep posting, won't be long before you hit that hundred.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
I agree with Shane. Lets wait until the author provides us with a valid email. But you have to admit it Shane that It was fun reading the story 😁.Sorry for not being on your 1000th post but since you being a true member I won't have to wait long to 2000. I promice that I will be there. See you soon and take care
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Reserve the right to comment when the author provides a valid email. 🤔

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: