You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our House Behind The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Our House Behind The Cemetery

 

I never thought I would write in this website. I've been a silent reader for many months. Although it may sound stupid, I'll let you know my experience. I'm a very scared person when it comes to paranormal stuff since young. I'll be the most interested person to join in for a horror movie or a spooky story, and end up with the bed lights on. I can't be alone in the dark, and I have to have my house door open if I'm alone. Although I'm scared as hell, I've never really encountered any paranormal incidents (I don't want to anyway) until the story I'm about to tell. Probably, one when I was young which I don't know if it was really a "ghostly incident".

Anyway! This happened back when I graduated from high school (SPM) and enrolled a short term course back in 2005 with my best friend. It was a 6 month course, and quite far from our house. So we had to rent a room nearby to the institute, me and my friend. It was an exciting time as this was our first time way from house. We were living in a particular room until we had some tenant problem and had to find another room nearby.

So one evening, my parents came over to help us find another room. It was dark already, finally we found a signboard saying "Room For Rent" outside a huge terrace house. Mom quickly made a phone call and the tenant came over and said he has three rooms in the house. Two is still vacant and another one room has a taker but only coming in next month. He showed us around. The house was huge, although it needs some cleaning we were okay with it out of desperation. The next day, we had some major clean up done to the house. And finally we went out to have a look around the house as well (it was dark the night before). And lo, and behold we found there's a cemetery right at the backyard. The nearest one is even touchable (that near). We saw the name engraved as Vincent (Forgot the middle and last name) and his date of birth was somewhere in 1989- 1989. -.- which means Vincent was a baby.

We got a little scared staying there alone, but reassured ourself, it would be fine due to the cheap rent and privacy since the whole house will be ours (at least for a month or so before others come in to rent).

So the main incident happened one night when we came back from our class, took a shower and roaming around the house. All the doors of the room and kitchen are always closed. We were touring around the house peeking into the huge kitchen the other rooms. Soon we got bored and wondering what to do as it was still early to sleep in. So we suggested ourself for a nice time of relaxation. We lit up one or two candles around the hall, closed our eyes for a small time of meditation (sounds silly I know, but that's the only thing we could think of that time). All of a sudden, the room became unusually cold, and we could hear a soft sound of wind chime. It wasn't normal. The chill feeling was the most scariest feeling I've ever felt. Both of us opened our eyes, and immediately saw the scared look on both our faces. Spontaneously, we ran into our room and closed the door. (My friend even managed to blow out the candles).

We stared at each other without talking for a while, wondering what in the world did we just encounter. We were both wondering how the wind could have came in as all our doors and windows were tightly shut (my mom strictly ensured that). Soon after a while, we got tired and slept off. In the middle of the night, I was awaken by a loud bang on our room door. I got up in shock thinking I was dreaming, turned out my friend was also awaken by the same noise. (I could still feel the goosebumps while I'm writing this). We sat up on our beds listening again for any other sound. And to our our greatest horror, we heard someone walking outside our rooms wearing my slippers! To and fro, to and fro in front of our room continuously. Now we know it was my slippers as my slippers give a squeaking water noise when walked on since we use it to the bathroom.

My friend got so freaked out and jumped to my bed and we ended up sleeping (don't know how) in one bed holding my Bible, and my friend with her Quran. Trust me we were that scared. Two girls in a huge lonely house hearing noises out of the room is no joke. There was no way anyone can walk in the house without noticing and its quite noisy to open the main door which is locked inside with our own lock that my mom bought! Which means even the tenant can't come in.

The next day we woke up and started to get ready like normal. The daylight seem to have cured our fear. We went out of the room to take our bath, and saw both of our slippers were thrown here and there. That means, someone did use the slippers!

That was the only incident that occurred at the place. We stayed in for another month or so, and managed to get another room to rent just three houses away. The tenant told us that the previous house we stayed in do have a lot of disturbance and no one has stayed there more then 2 or 3 months.

After we left, an Indian family bought the house. They had a small baby with them. One day, our new tenant told us the new indian family is having a cleansing prayer in that house as there are a lot of disturbance and the baby keeps crying.

That was my experience. I have told many of my college mates and friends about this. Some took it seriously, some didn't, But this really happened. And both me and my friend will never ever forget that!

Thanks for listening! Do let me know what all of you think that was!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chel_87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Hello chel_87, that was quite an experience you must have had. Had the same thoughts as Val did because you mentioned the grave of a child. But, I could really visualise how you and your friend must have felt when you heard the banging sound and the footsteps.

I was just thinking to comment about the "tenant" part but you did ensure to correct it in your comments. Haha.

Thanks for sharing and nice experience to write up to come into YGS. Welcome.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Nice story!
Especially I love the part that you and your friend slept together with your Bible and her Quran, It seems that believers with different religions would be scared as well in face of ghost. 😁
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
Hi Chel... Nice story.!
I can imagine how scared you both might have been knowing someone is walking outside your room wearing your slippers during the night with no one else around. But I m confused about the people who built the house just next to the cemetery. Its indeed scary... May be a ghost from the same cemetry might have disturbed you that night. Nice that you left that place early.

Thanks to share.
chel_87 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
And guys! A small confession. In my story, I've put that the tenant gave us the place to rent. (small confusion over the word tenant) suppose to be owner! My bad! Sorry!
chel_87 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Valkricry, we had the same thought too!

Ifihadyoux, Lol! Will do, although I don't really want to experience anything like that anymore! Hahah >.<
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
good! I am glad we can put you at ease! It still is an awesome experience. Update us if anything else happens!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
A thought occurred to me, small children (even boys) will play dress up, trying to wear grownup shoes. I'm probably thinking this because you mentioned a child's grave. But, I wonder if maybe someone was just playing? On the upside, at least nothing really horrible happened.
chel_87 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Hahaha, thanks everyone. You guys put it in such way that now it sound funny. Much relaxed.:D
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
LMAO "pour moi mademoiselle? I must ask if I can wear them... I am terribly cold you know... Being dead and floating around and all"
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Ifi - HAHAHa funny picturing a spirit floating by and then stops at the slippers "oh well well what have we here... Slippies for moi!"
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Good story! I was able to imagine it like a horror movie. The slippers sound would have scared me to bits! I really could imagine how scary that would have been. Glad you guys are okay and best of luck to the new family.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Hey! Nothing wrong with doing meditation, especially if it was your goal to relax! That's a smart move to make!

I think the ghost was cold and your slippers looked comfy! It might have been asking permission to use them 😜. Just kidding.

That is weird! I was going to ask about the cleansing but am glad you mentioned the new tenants. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: