You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Weird Happened

Real Ghost Stories

Something Weird Happened

 

This is my first post. I really don't know how to explain what I had experienced quite a few years ago.

It was in 2006 when my family moved into a newly constructed home. Due to my mother's illness myself and mother couldn't stay at our new home on the initial days of our new home. But fortunately one day my father asked me to stay home with my younger brother. I was only 17, then. It was the first time that me and my brother had separate bed rooms, until then we used to share one and the same bedroom.

I slept around 10 pm. My boyfriend usually rings me around 12 am and then we talk for a while and go back to sleep again. So as usual he rang me and after our conversation I slept around 2 am. It didn't take more than five minutes after closing my eyes I felt someone had put his hand around my body and was hugging me tight. I opened my eyes to see what was going on. What I saw was a dark black figure was putting his hands and legs on me and was staring at me. I was shocked and laid still. After a few seconds after winning my eyes for a few seconds I was not able to see that figure again.

This was my first encounter. After a few years my grandmother who is quite aged moved with us. I used to sleep with her so that I could help her use bathroom at night. I don't know what time it would be I saw a man wearing full sleeve white shirt and white dhoti getting into my room. He stood near our bed watched us for a second and left our room. I suppose him to be my grandfather. I am not sure of it as I didn't see him ever in my life.

Finally thinking whether my house has got some problem on me, I had similar experience at my cousin's home. One night in between my sleep I was awaken to a soft noise. As I openend my eyes I could see a face bright that was approaching me from near my foot. I touched it with my foot but it continued to come close to my face. But as it reached near my chest it vanished.

These are my experiences. But I have not experienced anything strange for a few years. One more thing which I missed was my new house was built on a pool which was used by the locals for their routine. I have also heard that many had lost their lives in this pool. So could this be the reason? But I'm only experiencing these haunted activities and no one else in my home. Can anyone explain what can be the reason?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, archana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ammu_teddy (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-07)
HAPPY TO KNOW THAT U R FINE ARCHANA. I was looking for an explanation for what I experienced... I'LL POST THE STORY SOON...
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-23)
Hi Archana, Your name reminds me of Archana Puransingh who was an Famous Heroin in Bollywood's In Late 1980. Also your story was chilling the dark figure and other ghost. May be those souls were dead at pools. I am not an Expert but I think as you told about dark figure may be that soul was a Womanizer who tried to hold you but God Was there with you so you were safe also How's your family members and do you stay there. God Bless All.
archana (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
I am really good ammu teddy. I am from calicut. That was way back in 2006.
ammu_teddy (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hii... ARCHANA... I also saw black figure in my room (I'm not sure whether it is real or not) I ' m from Kerala too. My mother tongue is malayalam. I'm basically from Ernakulam... Ipo engane und ARCHANA? Sughamalle? Where do you live now? Tell me the place where you saw this place? Enik Archanaye help cheyan pattum ennu thonunu... Correct ayitulla place parayu... (district & city /village)
archana (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Yes I do agree with that ifihadyoux...
...
...
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Well as long as you are safe then that is all that matters archana.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
archana, from what you have stated, I don't think the ones you mentioned have any problem solving capabilities.
archana (1 stories) (7 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Its ok Ari. I am ok now. I just wanted to share what I experienced. I have already mentioned I have not seen such things in recent years. Even I it occurs I don't mind because I am almost used to it and more horrible things have happened in my life. So if it comes I wish to ask whether it can solve my problems. That's all
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Sugamano Archana?
I know a little Malayalam, but I am afraid that it is not enough to have a fluent conversation 😢
Nobody meant to disrespect your English, just that it would have been easier in a native tongue to understand the jargon used here, more so as you are new to this site.
Ifihadyoux is one of the moderators on this site, who have the authority here. So you can ask for their assistance any time.
One more thing. We just need to be respectful, tolerant and honest, while we are on here;just as in real life.
Please forgive me if I seem blunt.
That's just me.

Sheri!
archana (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I meant the conversation was getting worse. I really didn't feel scared when I saw it, but it actually made my mind go blank. And the second situation when I saw the bright face it was like nothing to me. Because I got used to see all these.
My mother tongue is Malayalam. Those who can communicate to me in Malayalam can do without hesitation. And I really don't think I am that bad in english
believer12 (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
dont take me wrong archana but seeing a black figure holding me would have scared the hell out of me but you were really ok to lay still?
And the second incident when a face comes towards you and you try to touch it... I think the first reaction is shock and fear but again that's my opinion.
Regards
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Instead of the site letting me up vote, I have to make a comment to express my like of BJJ's comment. Here's your +1
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Nah, I don't think it's her. Just worried about a similar scenario with this poster. I think the best thing we can do to avoid that is follow Ari's suggestion.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I didn't think about that BJJ. Since this poster is new, could it be the same person?
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Maybe we are really paying too much attention to this narrative 😕
Let's leave this story alone for a while.
Let us wait for the OP to take a step in our direction.We're already there halfway.

Thanks for the appreciation fellows, especially BadJuuJuu 😉

Regards
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
What's bugging me is the refusal to answer questions, even though Ari has gone out of his way to make it easy for her. That and nothing paranormal happened in years, but it's suddenly gotten worse? Um, nah. I'm not in the mood to repeat last week.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Unfortunately I am thinking the same BJJ. I took the comment as in she is sure it wasn't a dream and the haunting is worse and if it is getting worse and the haunting was touching her then that is when I am concerned. But maybe everyone else is right. 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
We know you're trying, and the effort is appreciated. I suspect it's wasted though. This author is trying to take us for a ride. It's probably best to write her off.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
What Ari just said it what I was just about to point out. Maybe the communication is getting worse? The English is the story was quite good, I thought.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Guys,I am trying but it doesn't seem to have any desired effect on the OP.
What is getting worse,Archana?
You stated that "I have not experienced anything strange for a few years",to quote you!

Now we are getting confused.

Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Archana,pardon me please, but what is your mother tongue?
I am also from India.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
How is it getting worse? Can you explain it as best as you are able to?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I am also confused... I hope Ari's plan works:)

Dreams and memories at age 17 rarely are stored the same way mentally. People at that age and level of mental development know what is real and what was a dream. It typically is only seen as reality right after a person wakes up and the mind is still trying to sort it out, not years after the fact. So if the OP is not sure which it was, then my feelings would be that it was a dream.
archana (1 stories) (7 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
No thank you everyone. I really need no more clarification. Its getting worse.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Lemme try

Archanaji.aap hindi samajhti hain?
To humlog hindi mein baat kar sakte hain aur confusion dur kar sakte hain.

Please reply karein
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
To the rescue...

Dear Archana,
Do you know Hindi?
I am an Indian too. I might possibly be of some help in allaying any confusion.

Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
archana, I understand English is not your first language, so I hope you will understand what I say.
If you need to ask if it was only a dream or if you actually experienced something, then I would say it wasn't real, but something you dreamed.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Not your fault BJJ, I just have read most of that categories stories and it always starts similar to this one. That's why I made my comment.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I wasn't sure what to make of this tale, but chose to give it the benefit of the doubt. Apparently, even the author can't believe it.
Sorry, YGS. My apologies for clicking publish.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
archana - is your comment asking for an explanation and whether or not it's a dream on the right story? This is your story 😕

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: