You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Unseen Entity?

Real Ghost Stories

Unseen Entity?

 

This is my first post. This literally just happened less than an hour ago.

This morning, I let my dog inside. So, for awhile now, she would concentrate down the hallway, or near the hallway as if someone was there. Once I started reading these stories, I realized that there may be a spirit. She always had that: "Holy crap!" look on her face.

One night, she was staring into my sister's room with that look on her face, so I moved up right next to her and stared into the room. My facial expression was pure anger because my intention was to protect my dog in case the spirit was harmful. My dog walked into the hallway as if she was following something and then stood there for a second, and turned around and came back into my parents' room. She repeated this a couple times. She eventually backed off and took position to my left. I continued staring into my Sister's room with the same facial expression. And my dog was looking at me with her head low, giving me that: "You saw it too!?" look. I basically attempted to comfort her.

Now for what happened today...

So, my dog was lying down in front of me, I'm sitting on a couch right now in my living room. She was lying down in front of me and to my right. Suddenly, she jumped and gave a shocked look towards the hallway. I immediately gave my angered look and stuck up my middle finger in the general direction and said: "Don't scare my dog."

Before that, she was doing that typical stare towards the hallway, with that: "Oh my God..." look. I was going to get my coffee, so I flicked out a knife and approached the kitchen cautiously, because it's right there by the hall.

I've always felt safer when I had a weapon in my hand. It comforted me. I've responded to my Dog concentrating on this entity with some hostility. I'll taunt it and I generally am armed with a knife, at least, so when my dog stares down the hall, I either pull out a knife, or, if I'm training with my sword, I'll have that... When I'm unarmed, I'll get in a boxing stance. Either way, no matter what, I do a slow advance towards the hallway. Sometimes I advance into the hallway.

Once I do that, the entity vanishes, I guess, because my dog basically stops reacting to it and carries on.

I guess that's all it takes to maintain the peace, so I'll keep reacting that way. But I would like to know the intentions of this spirit, or if my dog is just crazy and thinks there's a spirit when there's really nothing. I haven't seen anything at all. I don't feel anything, hear, smell, nothing changes.

I have a lot of theories. It could be a residual haunting, or entirely in my dog's mind.

But I would like to talk to this entity and know its intentions, what it wants, and why it's here. No physical harm has been done, and my dog doesn't appear to be hostile towards it. I don't really know what to believe at this point.

If it was evil, it would've done something by now. If it was good, then why startle/scare my dog?

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DJ571, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DJ571 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
True, I would agree. I'm not noticing this activity anymore, I haven't witnessed my dog concentrating towards the hallway or anything like that anymore. I have said out loud that if any harmful spirits are here, they need to leave.

The whole thing with the knife goes back for years, when I had my first "paranormal" experience... I doubt there was actually a haunting though. I believe I mentioned this in the comments already.

But that stuck with me over time, and whenever I felt fear at all, just holding onto a knife would be enough to give me a sense of safety, ever since that one time.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! I'll take it into account the next time I notice this happening. Like I said, this "activity" hasn't been happening as much. I honestly felt that if my dog had that "Oh ****" look on her face, then if there was a spirit, it couldn't possibly be friendly. After all, some dogs do have a great sense of judgement.

But yeah, I appreciate the feedback!:)
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
If there is in fact a spirit there, it would be my guess that acting angry and holding a weapon may provoke a harmless spirit to become hostile or angry. If something was there to hurt you or your dog, I'm sure it would.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
I would suggest being nice to it, if there is something there. Trying to act like a tough guy to something that you cannot even see really seems counterproductive. A simple dialog would likely be a better course of action if there is something there.

Your dog could be looking at a bug, listening to a pipe, listing to something in the distance that human ears cannot hear. There are multitudes of reasons that your dog could be reacting this way.

But I agree with the others. Put the weapons away before you hurt yourself or someone else. Try to have a calm demeanor. It will not only clear your mind, but just be better overall. You cannot fight energy if there is a spirit there.
DJ571 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
I know, obviously a knife isn't going to do anything, but it makes me feel a lot safer. Before reading anything on here, I never really noticed it. Once I started reading similar stories, I would catch my dog concentrating on absolutely nothing, and it would almost always be towards the hallway. When my dog would give me that "help me!" expression, I figured that if there was something, it was up to no good.

When I was younger, like, about 12 or 13, I was stupid enough to believe I was being haunted because of those dumb chain comments that say "A ghost will appear in your room at 3 AM if you don't repost this 10 times!" and there were noises coming from my floor. At the time, I had a pocket knife or 2, so that's probably why I feel safe having one on hand, because that was the one thing that gave me a sense of safety.

When this happened, I was in a house, completely home alone except for my Dog.

But based on how my dog would react to "seeing" something that wasn't even there, I knew that telling it to leave was probably the first thing to try doing. Which I've done several times. I haven't noticed anything lately, but I'll still keep observing.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
This story made me laugh so hard! I can just imagine you staring angrily at thin air.
Pretty sure your dog isn't seeing a ghost. Sometimes animals just hear small things we can't but it doesn't mean it's a ghost. Plus, a knife isn't going to do anything if a ghost was there 😆 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
IF there's a ghost in your house it would probably come just to have a laugh at your futile attempts at hurting it.

I agree with the previous posters, reading the stories in this site might have influenced you. 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
I echo the other posters on this story. It can attack you, more importantly, and your dog if it is a ghost and you anger it enough that it decides to retaliate so I would advice to not continue doing whatever stance you are doing. Simply cleansing the home would do the job just as nicely.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
I agree wit BJJ. Even if there was a spirit, it is your courage that maintains the peace, not the weapons. I'm not sure what type of housing you live in but other possibilities are small animals could be getting the attention of your dog. I also wonder why you get angry at it since your dog isn't whimpering. It just seems curious.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
Seriously? You think you can physically battle a spirit? BJJ is 100 % right on this point. How do you propose to even hurt something that is already dead? You'd be better off arming yourself with a super soaker loaded with Holy water.
Moving on from that - other things have to be taken into account, like your dog's age, and breed. I echo BJJ, prior to reading these stories what did you think puppy was reacting to?
Do you live in an apartment or a single family dwelling?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
I'm probably going to annoy you, I'm blunt.
First thing, if there is a ghost, you can't cut it, slash it, or punch it. Put the blades down before you hurt yourself or someone unlucky enough to be near. Quit trying to beat up what has no physical presence.
Secondly, you didn't think your dog's behavior was paranormally influenced until reading these stories. What did you think caused your dog to behave that way before reading ghost stories? Have you ruled out that she could be reacting to something non-paranormal? The thing is, until you've thoroughly ruled out the mundane, you can't really look to the paranormal for a cause. Check into mundane causes.
And seriously, put down the freaking weapons.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: