You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Shadows in my Life

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows in my Life

 

It seemed to begin in my teen years. When I was 15 (I am 33 now) I had an experience that I could not explain. One night, on a school night, I went to bed and I started getting scared because the posters in my room started making this fluttering noise as if there was wind being blown behind them, not crazy wind but subtle. I stayed there scared stiff until I said to myself, "I am not staying in here", and went to lay down in the family room where my brother's were at (they happened to be staying over night that particular night). They were known to be pranksters but there is no possibility that they had anything to do with that. Besides, they were laying down to sleep, lights out.

I told my brothers what happened and they stayed up with me because I was scared and couldn't go to sleep. Later, one of my brothers' saw a figure in the hallway right outside my bedroom door. I thought I saw it too. Needless to say I did not get any sleep that night and when morning came I had to start getting ready for school. I had hamsters at the time, one was smaller than the other because I just got him (the little one), and the other one I had for a while. They were in a wired cage, kind of like something similar to a bird cage but not, I had the hamsters separated in the middle of the cage, little one on top and bigger one on the bottom. It was separated by a wire floor, the same wire that the cage was build of, the gaps between the wire were probably about a 1/4" or less apart from each other. There is a point to why I am explaining dimensions of the cage floor separating the two hamsters! When I went to feed them the little hamster's head was missing, no blood, no skull to be found. The other hamster was fine. I thought he could have done it but there was no way he could have pulled the hamsters skull through the wire floor but I tried to rationalize it and started looking for the skull in the bottom part of the cage and it was nowhere to be found.

Another incident was when I was 19 years old and living in a different house. I started waking up every once in a while between the hours of 2:30-3:00 in the morning and having the urge to look in a specific location, the location where the "Shadow Person" was standing. It started in the corner of the bedroom and then eventually got closer. I moved again when I was 21 years old into an apartment and one night I was awakened at the same time as usual by another "Shadow Person" but this time it was right at the foot of the bed. I was sleeping in the middle of the bed because my daughter wanted to sleep with us that night. I said to the figure thinking it was my husband, being half awake and only the moonlight showing through the blinds, "What are you doing?", then I turned over to feel my husband right next to me. At this moment I turned around and sat up, actually not afraid, and as soon as I did that it darted off towards the bedroom door disappearing halfway to the bedroom door. I jumped up and went out to see if someone was in the house but there wasn't anything.

A couple of nights later, around the same time in the a.m. I was watching T.V. in our bedroom. I felt hot so I went to turn the A.C. down. When I opened the door and turned on the hall light I heard this song playing "It's a Small World". I went towards the sound baffled because we did not have that song in our house from any toy or anything. When I found the source of where it was coming from I was really freaked out because about a year before that I had bought a ceramic clown that was supposed to play music, what song I don't know because I bought it broken. It was a ceramic clown that had a head that rocked back and forth and there was a long ceramic piece that went in the top of the body and it had a magnet at the end which activated the mechanics inside for the song to play. It was battery operated and because it was broken I did not have batteries in it. I could not get it to stop playing so I took the head out and eventually after a couple of minutes it stopped.

Another time was when I was staying the night at my boyfriend's house(I had just turned 26 and by the way I'm divorced from my husband now) and we were sleeping in the same bed. I was sleeping on my stomach as usual, and I was woken up by something grabbing me under my arms starting to lift me, which they did barely off the bed, before I woke up. When I turned around I saw this big, black sheet looking thing hovering over the bed more so above my boyfriend, when I started to wake up my boyfriend it disappeared.

The next day I didn't say anything because I thought this was the worst yet of all the experiences so I was thinking maybe when I woke up possibly I was just seeing things because I was half awake. Later that day my boyfriend and I went outside to smoke a cigarette and they mentioned what they saw and it was exactly the same thing I saw. That really upset me because now I knew it was real and it was different than before AND it physically touched me! I started falling asleep with he T.V. on after that because I didn't want to sleep in the dark and if I was in the same bed as someone I didn't want to fall asleep last.

The next incident happened not too long after this one, it usually happened once a year but it started getting more frequent. My boyfriend stayed the night at my house and had to be at work the next morning. I stayed asleep that morning while he was at work and my daughter was at her Dad's for the weekend so I was by myself in the house. While I was sleeping I heard something towards the bedroom door, I thought it was my boyfriend coming home because he got off at noon, I felt a kneeling at the opposite end of the bed and then it was like someone crawling up the bed and then spooning me but it didn't feel like a solid form like a solid person. I opened my eyes, saw that it was only around 10AM and realized that it probably wasn't my boyfriend so I rolled over right into whatever was spooning me and I went into this state of partial unconsciousness, so it seemed. It felt like death, like I was dying and I knew that it had to do with this being, maybe I was feeling what it felt like or what it was itself. I don't know if I was feeling what it went through or what but it seemed like a long fight to shake it off which I finally did.

One time I was at a friend's house to stay over. The house they were renting was an old frame house that stood off the ground. It was early in the morning, around 2-3AM and we were in the kitchen making something to drink. I started cracking a tray of ice and I heard, behind me something say, "SHHHH..." in my ear and I felt the breath on my neck. There were other times in that house I heard people in the back of the house talking, pretty much only a female voice but when I went back there it would stop. The dog would bark at the walls. I really felt threatened in that house, more so a bad feeling, bad vibe. I'm getting goose bumps just talking about it.

Fast forward to the future and I am "28" and married again and have a baby and a toddler. Nothing had happened in a while until one morning I was sitting on the couch facing the backyard feeding my infant when I saw my older daughter's cat crossing the backyard, he had been missing for a year by now. I jumped up and opened the sliding glass door and it had disappeared. I thought, "Could it have jumped over the privacy fence that quick?", it was too far away from the fence though but I brushed that off thinking maybe he did. He has only been seen once or twice since.

Later that morning my daughter and I were watching the T.V. series "ANGEL" before she went to school. I had to get up to change my toddler's diaper. While he was on the changing table he looked towards the door of his bedroom and was just staring towards my daughter's bedroom so I turned and looked to see nobody and I turned back to my son on the changing table but then I heard my daughter's T.V. get louder, like someone opening the door and I turned only to see a silhouette of a female figure standing what seemed like right in the room a little past the door, but enough to cast a shadow from the ceiling light in the room. It stood there for merely seconds and I thought maybe my daughter went into her room to do something but forgot what she went in there for. Then the silhouette of this being walked in so when I was done changing my son's diaper, he ran in there and I went in after him to get him out before he got into her stuff (pre-teens, lots of junk) and there wasn't anyone in there. Baffled, I went into the living room and saw my daughter sitting in the same exact position as she was when I went out of the room. I asked her if she went in her room and she said no.

I told her what happened and she then proceeded to tell me what happened when she woke up to go to the bathroom at 6AM. She said she saw, by the foyer, what looked to be, well, "ME", which it wasn't of course, when she looked back it was gone. Later that morning, after my daughter went to school, I was sitting in the living room with my two dogs, my son and my infant daughter and (my husband was in our bedroom still sleeping). I heard our door shut (you know how after a while you know what sound each door makes), our bedroom door didn't open and then shut because it was shut to keep the noise down so my husband could sleep. Me, my son and dogs looked towards the hallway waiting for my husband to appear because I thought he got up, all of us looking, he never appeared. I got up to see what was up and I opened my bedroom door only to see my husband still sleeping and snoring very loudly. I didn't know what to think of that crazy morning but I have never felt threatened since I've been in this house and with my husband.

I very rarely see, hear or feel anything anymore and it may be because I am so busy with my kids. I don't know but I'm not complaining. Even when I do hear noises at night I don't really think much of it or maybe I'm too tired to pay it any attention.

I've had other experiences in my life but I have given you the strangest and ones that can't be explained. Another thing I'd like to mention is that everything I ever saw were black and I've read and heard that black was bad but are shadow people, the ones that do not have enough energy to manifest themselves, bad? I don't really think so but I know that I have felt threatened at times in the past. I've always wanted to share my experiences through a book or something because I think it is fascinating what I've experienced but I never did.

I'm glad I could share it with you! Thank you for your time. =)

Other hauntings by mustang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mustang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
GraveChild-Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you. I have not had much time to come on to this site lately. To answer your question, yes, it did have the same gender every single time. It was always male. I never saw it's features it just felt like a male presence and it's shape was always the same. It did have the shape of a male. Thank you for taking the time to read my looong story and commenting.

SHELBY 😊
GraveChild (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
its as if your whole life you have had a figure in black with you and your daughter saw it... Did it have gender every time?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
succubiluv- Yes. Very mysterious beings indeed. I still occassionally see them. My husband has seen them as well as my five year old son and my fifteen year old daughter. I wish I knew who 'They' were, where 'They' come from and what 'They' want. I wonder if any of us will EVER know.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
The experiences you've had might make a good ebook.
Seems shadow entities usually only appear in various places without attacking folks; but there are some cases of attack on record.
They seem to go and return at random sometimes, or appear but once to some people.
Very mysterious beings.
amaila (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Mustang this Is the other thing I remeber, I moved into a flat after I got divorced and lived alone, I had neighbour troubles, so I called the police as the neighbour threw something / banged my door, I phoned the police they didn't seam to take seriously, I found out later my neighbour called as well, after I warned him I was and to go away, when the police arrived and knocked at my door, I looked out the spy hole felt horror / terifying feeling, like they were evil, so I told them to wait a minute,...and this is where it gets weird I dialed police again and said I know this sounds strange but two police officers are at my door I feel there is something bad about them please stay on the line while I answer the door, the operator was like "what?" I said please just do it and humour me at least and listen as I do have a very bad feeling like something bad is about to happen, it was clear the operator was thinking I was a nut case, with her on the line I hid the phone under a pillow in my bedroom in order to catch conversation, when I opened the door a police officer pulled me out my apartment and hit me in the eye with handcuffs I screamed, when I screamed they pushed me back into my aprtment, pushing me into various walls of my aprtment, while the other one looked around, cutting a long story short we were all stood in the bedroom later where the phone was and one officer started shouting at me saying who were you talking to on the phone I said no one, again cutting long story short, I found out later the officers said I was injured because I was abusive ressisted arrest, obviously I made a complaint,...well its been investagated etc, because the telephone call I made picked up everything I was not abusive etc in fact the oposite, as this was the first time ever I have had dealings with police the common question I'm asked by investagators is, "why did I ask operator to listen record what happened when I answered the door to the police" if I had not had that feeling they would NOT have ever been caught and got away with what they did to me, but have been forced to admit as was caught via my 999 call tape recorded by police themself, (operator) to make it worse whilst at the police staion they put me in a cell, later I made statement about what happened that night, I started to recall a certain group officers in a room and what they were going to say as to why I was arested, the investagting officer said how do you know that? I said I was there in the room with them and described the officers where they stood what they said in detail, the investagator said that's impossible you were in a cell on the other side station, that I could not have possible head saw through walls, I had never been in the staion before, but then I could describle layout the building who was in each room, including what I thought looked like solictor, other people that had been arested with some names, the police investagator, looked shocked stopped the interview, he later rearranged to see me again told me this was not possible and showed me the CCTV footage where I was in a cell at all times, I was puzzled, he went to show me the CCTV footage showing I was in a cell at the time, I went onto say who was on duty etc, I never seen any of them in my life, I had to stop interview as was spooked, had to finish it again on a later date, the investagator asked me if I was sure I wanted to put these things in statement I said yes in the end, even though I was sure I looked mad, if went to court to prosecute them I would look insane!, anuyway later I had to go to court about the inccident, as I tured up at the court I couldn't go inside, I saw a unknown police oficer leave, but I felt I knew, I happen to catch glimpse into there eyes, I saw another incident that had just happened flash before me as "knowledge"?, I felt I couldn't go into the court as was scared to death, but after my friend made me, once in court in front the judge, when it was my time to speak I stood up and said, this is so unfair they have all been in the witness waiting room talking reading each others statements and talking about how they need to resubmit and write statements it as they don't match up with CCTV, phone, calls etc, and my version, the jduge said where were you I said stood outsidthe court on my way in, he looked shocked, locked the whole court room everyone inside there in until he investagated, he got the witness waiting room footage, sure eneough I was right they had been talking about doing that while I was outside, I was not in the court at the time, the judge afterwards said to me anytime I get a bad feeling or about anything wrong to speak out, well it all turned out alright in the end, most the truth came out as the officers involved admitted in the end (after blaming one another) lol, but I do know that that's officialy logged, pre warning (just a feeling) to record telephone calls, knowing converstaions when I'm not in the room, so somewhere I do believe high up official they know there's more to life than what we see with our eyes, all I know is it took a lot for me to put into a statement things I know I can't know, however by doing so when the officers involved read what I knew, they thought one of them was helping me and telling me, which then in turn, they turned on each other stating abnormal police actions I did not know about, they sarted making statements about one another which then inturn revealed the truth which backed up my complaint, I did fear being labelled crazy, it going nowhere, I know people think one or the other I was helped by being told or it is spooky, I have no reason nothing to gain by posting on here except to say it was spooky, I understand this is a bit of a differnt story, but I would add again about shadows, when I saw people at station I saw in shadows some like solictors had a good glow but still dark, the officers talking in another room were black as the ace of diamonds, other prisoners were just dark figures, but I could tell were people tome names location etc, height weight etc, feeling the colour of hair, it was only later in court when the actual person in real life was there I could pin point which shadow belonged to which actual person, I have just had a thought as typeing this the best way to describe is when you see a actual person face to face on hot sunny day, look down and see there shadow that's exactly what its like, say you were stood looking out of a closed window, see your shadow on the outside (its reflecting through a solid object), or the shadow from a tree or bush etc reflecting inside onto a wall in the house, when you think about it something solid outside is now reflected its image through solid surface to inside, its like I have a shadow inside me that leaves me and comes back, it has no sense of time, (defo as if it did it would have told me when I was arested earlier so I could have moved house lol) but can hear / see, I'd be intersted as to what anybody else thinks or opion good or bad, as I am always quite confused as to how these things happen, why do only certain people, and why I only have it for people or objects related to me directly, I always remeber at school doing something on eygpt and the spinks, when I read out my essay I had written that it used to be a a lions face, I was laughed and riduculaed then told to re write it, I was stupid etc, which I refused to do, I was (8) I am 38 now, these days we know it was origuanl a lions head, I don't class myself as intelligent most my knowledge is general and guess work, but people think I am, I suffer from depression, but my mind feels like its one step ahead of the rest of the world, I don't mean that in a big headed way, I have had some real bad things hapen in life but I have always known they will turn out good, or even better, as the bad things seam to have to be so something real fantastic can happen, I think at times I'm crazy or mental insane, other times I dont, I don't know if I'm happy or sad about seeing or feeling things, most time I try and forget or push to one side, but I can't imagine life without it, please don't anyone that's reading this think I'm obnoxious stuck up etc, but I feel I die very old in 100's or just before at home in bed, with four men round me, at my funeral there's 6, I am so very happy, as I have loads respect love and feeling of being highly regarded respected, that I changed something that I am well known for changing something that effects a lot people to make there life better place, I can't help thinking its something to with the day I was arested, (lol so can't see how, I'm effectively a criminal ha,ha), it is somthing of great importance, yet there are also some that fear me with great hatred, anyway I'm signing off as does sound weird crazy, after all only time will tell! Love amanda x
amaila (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
hi again

yes they seam to bo so common, I have never seen facial features just could tell what sex, they don't come all time like you every few years. I have done some reasearch since and they have been mentioned since the first holy books, people that seen them are classed as aflicted / mental etc as the church regards them as demons, I remember from when I was little they appeared as dark shadows also sometimes trying to lift me of the bed I am frozen, other times its a feeling and I have had before a lot dreams just like movies about things that have yet to happen, so I now think them appearing in shadow form is a weak signal, do you remeber charles dickens book the ghost of christmas future?, I think the shadow people are something similar to that, heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people I do think there some kind of spirit guide, not good not bad, to guard from danger or predict it coming that's the only reason why they scare me. I do remeber when I was 12, getting lost wanting comtimplating running away from home, (I lived in 3 bed crummy council house with mum/dad 4 brothers and a sister, very poor in worst area of a very large city, my dad was a drunk, I was VERY disliked and extremly sad) looking down a road, I stopped sat on wall, on the corner and couldn't stop looking at one particular house further down opposite me, thinking I bet a realy nice rich family with two children one of each lives there (perfect family) as I looked a black cloud hoovered above the roof which scared me, so I jumped of the wall and ran home, I was always curious of that house not sure if was good / bad feeling but must have been good as I rember the feeling of a perfect family lived in there (at the time I couldn't tell if anyone even lived in the house as I saw no one), I'm not sure wether people believe this but 13years later I moved into a new house, for some reason I was unpacking boxes out of my car in front of the house I felt like I was being watched (probably was my new neighbours wondering who was moving in lol), as if someone was hiding under my car which I parked outside, running round it, but I was only getting glimpses, thought it was a black cat or animal of sorts, I walked round my car saw nothing, then I went to the gate of my new house opened it, I just happened to look up at the whole house was thinking how happy and lucky I was to have this house, when I got cold shiver and thought THIS IS THE HOUSE I used to look at when I was little, I don't know how I'd forgotten, I was scared to go inside as I was alone my husband and (children were still at the old house, I was so eager to move in that I packed a few things into my car went there alone, while family waited for the van to arrive at the old house) when out the corner of my eye I saw something dart out from the back of my car so fast run across the road, (shadowy but small) as I spun round thinking some kid was playing games I went to drop the box run after it, thinking as my car was open some kid had taken something and ran off, my eyes folowed it across the road and up a bitnto a wall, its hard to explain what it looked like, it was daylight there was something deffinetly there sat / stood in front the wall, not shaowdy / dark/ grey it was as if a human shape was there moving invisible (is that weird) it felt like it was waving at me saying look at me its presence was sad feeling, then it moved fast turning into something dark ran off down the road and round the corner, I was just stood there feeling overwhelmed, thinking scared / happy what was that, frozen to the spot when it came back just stood there as if watching me, I then realised it was me, (or part of me from the past) when I was 12 I then started to cry, thought to it its ok don't be sad look where you live when you are older and what you do (the new house was one of the best niest in the best area of the city and I had a very good well paid job), it is the most disturbing weirest thing that has every happened to me, I told the shadow of myself that it could come and visit me anytime I (it) feels sad or like running away from home but not to run away and to go home for now a sthings will turn out good, but I never felt / saw it (me) again, I felt silly wondered if the neighbours were watching me thinking what a nutty women is moving in! Lol, after it dispeared I put the box back in my car, and drove back to my old house so I didn't have to go into the new house alone, but I never felt anything inside the new house,...i know shadows full stop can't be prove detc, from seeing yourself as a shadow from the past does that mean shadows are ghosts?, of living or dead?, I know the shadows I've seen of people seam to warn of things in the presant, then when I feel lifted up of bed by them I get realistic dreams of things that happen in the future "" I'm confused, I have not seen / felt anything in years now, I have just rembered something els ethat happened to me 3 years ago... But wil post in anothetr comment box after this one xxx
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Hi amaila. Thank you for reading and commenting on my story. Wow! That was quite a story you told there. I think you were definitely more in touch with the shadow people than I ever got. Mine was only a "shadow man", not more than one at a time. The one that said, "Shhh...", in my ear, I never saw. That was also a female and it was at someone else's home. The male figure that I have always encountered, only in my bedroom at night once I was asleep, never had facial features. He was dressed in the typical Fedora hat and trenchcoat. He came atleast once a year. He stopped coming to me around the year 1996. I may be off a bit with the year. But after he stopped coming around I experienced the big, black blob hovering above my bed and it tried to lift me up out of the bed. And then with the thing that crawled up in my bed. I don't know what really to think of these experiences except that I know that he stopped coming around once I got with my now husband. Maybe they felt I was safe and secure now. Not sure but I don't miss the touching thing that they would do. When the shadow man would show himself, I never felt frightened. They last time I saw him, I did ask him what he was doing and he very quickly glided out of the room and I never saw him again. I can remember that night like it was yesterday. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Not because it scares me really but just knowing there are beings from another dimension that are around us all of the time watching. I'm not afraid, it just amazes me.

Shelby ❤ 😊
amaila (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
hi there

i read with a lot of interest your post aboput shadows, I too have seen on/off since a child I am 38 now, what sprung to mind for most wa sthe fact onesaid shhhh to you, as that's what happened to me, with feelings of horror and sheer fright, I do not believe they are evil, from my experiences you can actual contact and speak with them if you demand answers, from my encounters they are "shape shifters" either from a differnt dimension in the presant or from the future. They seam to examine and move things...

if you look into a character jack black a japenesee manga figure who although is white has the patch of skin from a black man t remind him of who he is, I found a lot of clues in the mythalogical stories of him. One being he is not good or bad is just there impartial to help.

i will tell you a story of the last time I saw one / them

i just move dinto a brand new house that was built in the middle of a field with my now former husband.
he worked away alot, one night I awake to see dark figures coming out of the corner of the bedroom wall in front of me, whispering to each other, I looked and looked and froze as I had forgotten all about my past experiences of them until I sa wthem again, so wondered whatthey wanted, and lay there watching hopeing they did not see that I could see them.

they wandered round my bedroom, they stopped at the foot of my bed opened the wardrobe door, came in out / whipsering etc.

one of the shadowy dark figures turned and looked at me, I said to it in my head what do you want your frightening me, it came close to my bed to sit down on the end, I said please do not come any closer I'm scared, then I felt it spoke to me and said, all these years you have been froghtened of us, yet no one has hurt you, we are not here to help or hurt just observe.

so I said not in words only in thought, ok let me see what the others are dpoing in my wardrobe, it said let them do there job first. I said may I hear what there saying in whispers then, I heard them say here it is, yes it was her. I said are you from the future no one replied, for once in all the times I have seen them I was not scared as in petrified feeling evil presence, I wa sscared as they were dark with no human features to there face and because they walk through walls and looked so real, the shadows picked somthing up and went to the side of the bed where my husban usualy sleeps, and said yes it was him... Now from what I could hear and felt something bad happened in the room, but it was a new house, I turne dto the figure at the end of my bed and I said am I right?, he reached out his hand and said can you feel that, I did sheer terror!

i don't remeber much more, except weeks later after I constantly looked into the wardrobe wondering and beliveing 101% what I saw was real, but not as we are taught to know real, thinking what is in the wardrobe that wil cause me great pain, I remebered a man at work as a friend came me his number on piece paper, as my husband was posseive and the jealous type I screwed it up ater finding it in my pocket of clothing after hanging piece clothing up in the wardrobe, so I put it in a shoe, when I rembered that I looke dfor it could not find it I know it had been there months, when I next saw my husband I was lying in bed dressed on top, on my side, he came up to me thinking I was asleep and touched my foot, a cold shiver ran all over me, I jumped up and said what were you just thinking, he said that I love you, I said no what were you thinking I know what you were thinking tell me the truth, it happened just as simple as that, he said I have been having these thoughts lately, thinking how easy it would be to strangle you and take you down the river and drown you and no one would know, trying to remain calmn I laughed and said what about my things, I may be small and easily disposed off (im 4ft 10) but look at all my stuff, the neighbours would see you take away or someone would find (I was very scared / horrified I can not tell you how sacred as I knew he meant but my mind would not register what horrible things he was saying he was in debt we had been married 12 years) he said I would bury under the floor board in the wardrobe.

i was scared to death to go to bed that night with him, as I rembered what the shadows thoughts felt to me, when my x hubby left the room, I went to the wardrobe and pulle dback the carpet, sure enough there was a small patch of mended floorboard that was not fitted right by the builders when the house was made,

that night one shadow the one that sat on my bed came, came and I felt like it smiled when it looked at me, in my mind I was angry and said you are evil things, he said go look in the wardrobe, which I did the first time ever that I have been able to move when the shadows have been there, I saw through the floorboard at a lot of old clothes I stared and stared and could just make out as they were very old that they were my things, I felt happy I said to the shadow thank you I have been looking for my things I wondered what happened, then I felt horror said what did happen to me, I looke dwhere my huband slept peacefuly and said did he do somthing to me, did he put my things here, the shadow said you know how it happens I can say because yourve been told already.

i know this is weird story but I believe the shadows are protectors that guide you, like angels, in right direction, I know from what they said they could do nothing to save me, they were there because mt "x" husband regretted greatly, but also to warn me of the danger I was in, I divorced my husband and later found out how much debt he was in and that he had three life insurance policies on me, in divorce matters I did not quote the shadows as a reason but I know that's why I kicked my x out, and for all the troubles he put me through I do not regret he knows as I have since told him, he never denied hi strue intentions towards me.

i think seeing the shadow sfrom a child was a conditioning, as the older I have got the mor open I have been to get out bed see what there seeing, talk to them etc, they made me ask a question I never thought I would ask my x that I know I never would have dreamt of asking or beleved until I saw the shadows that nite.

as scary as they are I think the shadows guided me to safety I for one am grateful, I don't care what anyone says 3 life insurance policeies on your wife isn't normal, especialy as I didn't even know until divorce so as far as I'm concerned that's my proof of the reality of shadows on paper, but I would still be scared confused if I saw again, as I do know defo in my case anyway is a sign of evil and danger, but they are not, and to apear for such serious reason does scare me... I would like to add I had the feeling that in many years my x regretted what hed done to me, I know I can't say that as he never actual did do anything, but I feel things left as they were he would have, I had the opurtunity to change it, I did feel greatt sorrow and unhappiness and loss, in a undecrible unimaginaginble way, only if you saw these things would you understand the evil they do represent... Well there you go my opion I'm official mad lol, but I do believe I for one was not going to hang around to find out what the shadows told me was going to happen, all I know is it didn't and I'm still here xxx and the shadows sopped somthing bad happening.

I believe the world evolves in circles there is no beging or end, we are all told that, so therfore there is in practice nothing stopping the past catching up with the future or vise versa, no one can save a life or stop it, but I think people that see things out the normal its for a reason, I had a great feeling that if I wa sto have died the future would miss me in a undescrible way, the shadows did not judge me or my x, except I had a feeling there were there to wan me, but somehow my x sent them there from the future, there somthing to do with time lines, that cross a lot people call them angels, or have or feel evilness coming from them, you just need to not be scared ask what there doing.:) you may be surprised and the answer or guidence they give you if your privilaged enough o se ethem, they truly are ANGELS! XXX
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Wow... This was a great read. I too have seen shadows but thinking it was the trick of the light or my eyes playing tricks on me, I didn't pay much attention. The part about the musical clown sounded scary. Thanks for the story...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
These incidents that you meantion here, from a teenager until the present time, were frighting to me, let alone to you the things that happen. Many things that happen with all of us on here, are just a mystery and many never do get solved to why, or what did this.
It was a good written story well done. And put the highlights on the areas that were quite scary to say none the less. And then continues on with your life and into your children too. Quite amazing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
I do have a lot going on, but I am not overly confused (that I know of).
Let me explain what happened, and maybe that could "shed some light", but then again, maybe not 😊.
We were sitting down talking about a couple of my clients. We do a weekly talk through in case something changes in the care they need. Seeings how I do not have medical training, I have to have this meeting with the head nurse to run things by her and she gives me tips. The third person in the room was a "casual observer" she is merely there to listen in and see if there is any kind of abuse going on.
When we left, the third person in the meeting just started asking me what I believe in and other things. She just told me while she was listening to me she saw this "rainbow", and told me the colors.
I always thought your aura was only one color.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Umm, well to me it means that you have a lot going on or are confused, thank god yours is int black or red, black is illness and red is evil. Red can mean a few other things so don't get me wrong, I think you should just relax abit more and if you are relaxing tell me and ill have to figure something else out.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Say, demonboy? What do you know about aura's? I was just told (literally just told tonight) that mine is violet, orange and green that shades into blue. What does that mean? And why are there so MANY colors?
Thank you.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Interesting story mustang, yes it can be freaky when things go on in your room, me for instance. I recently played ouija twice and am going to post what happened, ill never play again, also getting back to you from my story, yes I see my aura all the time and after played ouija its a whole body and its not white but kind of silver (gray). Well thanks for the story,
Demonboy!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hello 'watha. I call you Mr. Ohio BUT, I noticed that you signed in 'watha, would you rather me call you 'watha?

The events that have taken place in my life were pretty darn scary to say the least. I know that their are people out there that deal and have dealt with worse things than I, but my experiences have been pretty creept to say the least.

I'm glad that you had a chance to read this story finally. Your comment was by far the greatest! I have some other experiences that have been happening to me on and off for the past month or so and I aim to submit them soon, atleast one of them. I might put all of the experiences together in one submission since they are short little happenings.

Once again, thanks for reading about my experiences! 😊

Shelby ❤ 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
'Tangy,
I have indeed read this story before. It was actually one of the first ones I read. Because I was new to the site, I didn't comment because I expected ALL these tales to be true, so when I read this one amongst the first, I didn't think much of it because it seemed very credible and scary--as I thought all these stories should be. It was not until after I read most of the stories on here that I realize how significant this one is. By contrast, this ranks among the top percent in terms of validity. Plus, it's just super scary, which is always good, but not in the "horror movie" kind of way--it's better than that. Like most good ghost encounters, these read like a series of field notes like a naturalist might make about watching gorillas or something. Nothing but the facts! And this is important because it shows you're just trying to relate a real experience and don't feel the need to brow-beat us with evidence.

I have never encountered these dark figures myself and I hope I never will. In a way, I envy those of you who are more sensitive than I (WhiteBuffalo, yourself, etc.) because you are obviously blessed. LeBron James is a super athlete, Michael Jackson was a super entertainer, and you are a super-sensitive. Too bad there's not a more lucrative market in which to invest this talent, huh?! But then I think maybe it's a burden, too, not to mention possibly terrifying. I have only felt things and heard things and that's fine with me. Eh, maybe a succubus wouldn't be THAT bad... Heh heh...

Keep 'em coming, friend.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Mustang, I am very intersted in this story and will comment when I have time to read it in its entirety.

Thanks, Watha
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Hi Vogue. That's very brave of you to do the things that frighten you to overcome your fears. I'm older now and used to the little things that happen. And by little, I mean, anything other than the black figures and beings crawling in bed with me, etc. Things like that. I ignore all the little shadows flitting by in my peripheal vision and little knocks and bumps. They don't really bother me anymore. I do still get scared sometimes though, don't get me wrong. I'm just glad I don't see and feel what I used to see and feel. 😨I think it is because I have more positive energy around me now and I'm leading a better, happier life for the past 6 years. Watch, now that I've said that I'm glad I don't see the dark, menacing figures, they are going to come back and show me they are still lurking around! Well, I'll show them! I have a lot more knowledge since then and I'll be well armed. 😆All joking aside, I really don't think I have any fear for them to feed off of so they leave me alone. By the way, you won't find any clowns in my house! I just think they are creepy!
~Shelby ❤
vogue (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Myself, I'm only begining to tap into the whole adapting part. I hadn't even understood the word "ghost" until I was about 12 years old, but I had always been aware of something different. I actually do not like being scared of anything- sort of impossible, but I can wish!- and I go to great lengths to try to overcome my fears. I was afraid of heights- So I went on a ride that goes higher then a 200 foot roller coaster. I was afraid of the dark- so I began to close my door at night and learn to like it. I was-AM- afraid of clowns- so I got a clown figurine from my Godmother, and I now keep it on my dresser. Everytime I look at it I feel foolish, but it is very cute... But still scary!
Your girl clown you got as a girl would have probably scared me more than anything! I never much liked the idea of having a clown you could cuddle with...
I deffinitly agree that the clown doesn't compare as much as to what you have expierenced, but it was still quite a scare!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I actually was a little frightened of the clown and I never really liked clowns myself but this one was just, believe it or not, cute. Then it turned, well, not so cute! I think that that experience with the clown was nothing compared to what I was going to experience in the future. As you get older and wiser, you learn how to adapt to things like the paranormal. Unless your life is in an uproar like someone I know. You know who you are and I hope things get better! Anyway, I can't stand clowns since I was, well never! That's why I don't understand why I bought that stupid thing. It was like something was drawing me to it. I remember when I was about five my Aunt worked for Barnett Bank. I think it was Barnett Bank, it was in the late 70's, early 80's. Anyway, she game me this clown, a girl clown that had orange Raggedy Ann and Andy type hair with an outfit that had Barnett Bank printed on it. It would stare at me from my bookshelf so I threw it in my closet!
Shelby ❤
vogue (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
oh god, the ceramic clown would have caused me to start bawling my eyes out. I've always had a fear of clowns, and not from the movie "it" or anything. Just a fear, because they cover their faces, and I like seeing a persons face.
thanks for sharing your stories!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
Hello Shelby,
you know I sat here for quite a while wondering what to say. It would appear that you have had as active a life as we have had. Of course, we already determined that 😆
I hate to write this, but I am glad you got too busy to pay attention to these different entities that seemed to have surrounded you. All your kids, a husband and the full time job of Mama would tend to cancel out all of the other voices calling out to you, wouldn't it?
I should have been here a long time ago! A lot of your comments make so much more sense now! Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Very interesting story mustang, I enjoyed reading it very much. You have had some nerve wrecking encounters over the years and now you say they have calmed down, that`s good. Let`s just hope they stay calm. I don`t know if it is just me but I have noticed that the ghost/spirits or whatever you wish to call them are like "bratty kids" - the more attention you pay them, the more they "act up..." Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
Ssunstorm (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
The only possible explanation I can offer for you is the experience of being lifted. Do you ever have those falling dreams that cause you to wake up on or before impact? I recently had one that was so violent I literally jolted awake and was lifting myself up with my arms. (I'd been laying on my stomach). I didn't remember the actual dream, but the sensation I woke with was like the times I could remember it. I was feeling very frantic and afraid, as well as disoriented. I couldn't gather my sorts about me until I managed to calm down. But I remember the feeling was like I was being lifted. I'm not saying this happened to you, nor can I explain what the black sheet above you was. The fact you and your boyfriend had both seen it leaves me without answers. Why did I even open my mouth? Lol. Thank you for sharing your tale. I enjoy reading ghost stories (I think I'm addicted to the adrenaline rush of initial fear my imagination conjures up), be them fictional or first hand accounts. If you published a book about your experiences I would gladly buy and read it - when I could afford it! 😁
Prettiest_Girl_in_the_Morgue (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
WOW reading that has totally creeped me out! Especially the shadows in you're room at night... So strange the timing and music clown (Which sounds really spooky by the way!), it sounds definitely like it was your Grandfather keeping an eye out for you... The other shadows... Who knows?!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Hi. Thank you guys for taking the time to read my story/stories and comment. I wanted to explain more about the shadow figure to 35ryfhoi. This same shadow figure followed me through many years visiting atleast once a year and is seperate from my other experiences. I never saw it's face but it was shaped just like a man and I knew it was a male. After the night that it got a little too close, right at the end of my bed, I talked to my Mom about it and she told my Grandmother and my Grandmother talked to me about it and said maybe it was my Grandfather who died when I was 4 years old of a massive heart attack. He died instantly where he stood in the home at around 2:45 in the morning. Remember when I said he always came around 2:30-3:00 in the am? AND, my Grandmother also told me he loved the song, "It's A Small World". He stopped coming after I got with my husband and that was about six and a half years ago. Maybe it was my Grandfather checking on me and now he knows I'm with the right person and safe so he doesn't need to come around anymore. Maybe his time was up here? I don't know but I'll always wonder.
35ryfhoi (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
I am still working out the shadow figure. Paragraph 3. Who do you think that it is ? A message of some sort. Imagine a shadow outside your front door, if they stand correctly, the only exit would be to jump down a small flight of stairs, no normal person would do that. Could this be a warning of some sort ? Let me know what you see and thank you for your participation.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Thank you for sharing your encounters with us. I do not believe the shadows that manifest are all bad, this is simply the form either choosev to be present or able to be present, depending upon which theory you describe to. I would trust your instincts.

God Bless
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Hi Shelby. I agree with both gentleman. I think that the entity did not have enough energy to show itself. But I would be scared if I saw a shadow anyways! See you soon and take care!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Thank you for sharing your experience Shelby. You read correctly, shadow spirits are those who for what ever reason are not able to summon enough energy to fully manifest themselves. People often associate black with evil as it is also the color of the night which is supposed to be the time of the devil. If you happen to believe in those old folklores.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: