You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: That Black Man There

Real Ghost Stories

That Black Man There

 

I want to share my experience with what I'll call "black shadow man" for now. Two days ago, my parents went to their friend's house together and I had to look after my little brother for the evening. I had my boyfriend staying over because the house always has that kind of eerie feeling.

We just watched a DVD and my brother was peacefully sleeping in his room on the 2nd floor. Suddenly, he screamed so we quickly ran upstairs. He was sitting there in his bed shaking and pointed towards one corner of the room. When I asked him what the hell is wrong he said: "That black man there!" and bolted out of the room. However, when we turned on the lights, there was absolutely nothing. My boyfriend just laughed it off and told me that I shouldn't believe him because he's just a kid having nightmares. I don't know but I believe my little brother. He later begged me to unhang a shirt from his wall. It's a team shirt from his favorite player. He said "because the black man doesn't want me to have it!" I almost laughed a bit but then I remembered how much my brother loves this shirt and that he NEVER let's anyone even touch it. So he was indeed very scared.

Anyways, when I told my Mum about the incident the next day, she was startled. When I asked her what happened she told me that I had the same visions as a toddler (I don't remember it though). She told me that I would often cry for her in the middle of the night and point to one corner of the room. I could barely speak back then but I used to talk about a man. A black tall man. She also explained that a few weeks ago my brother claimed to have seen a black man in our kitchen.

Well, I thought it has to be the house but then I remembered that we lived in a house back in Salmon Arm BC back then (when I had those visions). We now live in a different house on an island which is nowhere really near there. So it wasn't the house or the place. Does that mean it has to be us? I'ts scary to even think about that possibility.

Is it just coincidence that me and my brother both experienced the same (without knowing about the other)? Do you think it has to do with us because it happened back in our old house AND now?

Thank you,

Katie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katie2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
It may not be the same entity fom your youth, but maybe just how you and your brother "see".

You guys both probably tune into the same frequency... Interesting story. Thank you for sharing it- 4d
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Mages, I would say to go ahead and submit your story with the link on the top of the page. I'd like to read the longer version of it.
Mages8048 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Well I'm glad you believe him. When I would try to alarm someone from my family it would disappear before anyone could see it so no one would ever believe me. It's really hard to deal with these things when no one believes you, so your brother is lucky to have support from you and from the story I'm assuming your mother believes it now also.
Katie2000 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Thank you for all the comments and Mages8048, thanks for sharing your experience.
I believe that it is real and has gone from me to my brother (I never see it).

I even asked my brother about that night again and he confirmed very seriously that all he saw was true. He didn't sound like he was just being silly.
Mages8048 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
I forgot to apologize for ranting about my story in your story's comments, So I am sorry. What I was trying to say with it is that it is possible for the black figure to have gone from you to your brother. I'm also real happy that you believed your brother, you're a great sister!
Mages8048 (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
Hello, I just made a profile so I could comment and relate my experience. I used to see what I called a "Shadow Figure". If I were to describe him I'd say that he is a tall man with a heavy coat and is extremely dark with an appearance as a shadow. He has been haunting me since I was a young boy. When I was small he would appear in my room and just stare at me, when I would try to alarm someone of his presence he would disappear. The only that has ever seen it was my youngest uncle when we shared a room. As I got older he would just stand over my bed or towards a wall and just stare at me. During my middle school and high school years he would wake me up at exactly 4:05 a.m. Every day and just be starring at me like he wanted to speak but couldn't. I swear I heard him speak a few times but I really couldn't make out what the words were. Anyways, I started to get accustomed to this after awhile and would try to confront it but would disappear when I did. I would walk into my living room to try and confront him again and it would be on the other side of it doing what it always did, starring. (Note that my room was on the other side of the house so I was alone) I was fearful of it for a time but it never once tried to attack me or cause me harm. I have no clue if it's a dangerous entity or just a friendly one. I still see it now as a 20 year old and I have moved to another city. This means that it is possible that the one your brother saw is the same one you saw as a child but moved from you to him. I still get chills from it because I know is capable of harming me even though it doesn't, which I am glad for. Also, I'd like to clear up that this story is not made up and that I'm not crazy in the head. That's it for me. Tell me if I should publish my story!
nillix91 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
This sounds extremely similar to my problem, but mine has been my whole life. Constantly on me, popping up in random places to speak a word to me. Even now I feel him watching me from somewhere in this room. Take it serious, shadow figures will attach themselves to someone until they find someone more fitting to their tastes. They only find interest in people with spiritual promise, from what I've read. I feel your pain...
hi12345 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
i don't know what your brother is seeing but I can relate to your experience because I have a little sister
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Katie - perhaps a chat with your brother is in order. Why does he think the black man doesn't want him to have that shirt?
You might try keeping a journal. It might help you in seeing any patterns or give you clues as to what is actually what is going on. Be sure to note anything you yourself observe too.
As elnora points out, kids are complicated. With a bit of luck it could be he had a nightmare or it was just the one time thing. But stay aware.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
hi, Katie2000... You are very good sis to believe in your brother... I am partially agree with elnoraemily.

Regards,
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
Children are tricky. Their minds are still in the stages of forming and since we don't typically retain that many early memories, actually knowing what we saw can be hard to tell.

Most children will have an imaginary friend and sometimes those friends are not nice. Sometimes they are just imaginary and sometimes, there is enough weirdness involved to label it as actually happening.

This is just a really long way of saying that children seeing things is complicated and it could be paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: