You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: How Did You Find Your Courage?

Real Ghost Stories

How Did You Find Your Courage?

 

I posted a story a few days ago involving all of the paranormal experiences I have been having my entire life. Since I have posted that, the dark feeling in my home has become more apparent.

I would like to think that a good part of that is paranoia. However, my grandmother was here babysitting for me while I was at work today. When I arrived back home, my grandmother told me she was feeling uneasy the entire time she was here. She told me she felt like something bad was here. This was without me telling her I have been feeling things again.

This feeling of being scared is really consuming my life lately. Usually I was just uneasy at night because during the day there are people home and natural light. Lately, I have been feeling this even during the day.

This may also be my paranoia kicking in, but, my 1 year old daughter has been waking up screaming every night at 1 am. The exact same time to the second every night. She isn't looking for a bottle or food. She just wants to be held tightly. Cuddled.

I have been advised to have the house cleansed or to set up a video camera. I am hesitant on bringing someone here to perform a cleansing because this is my father's house. He does not believe in any of this and makes my mother and I out to be wack jobs. I am extremely against setting up any sort of visual or audio equipment because I don't think I could handle seeing any sort of evidence.

My question is for those of you who have mustered up the courage to tell whatever it is that it's not welcome in your home, how did you do it? I have yet to acknowledge out loud anything in my home. I am absolutely petrified that if I do, things will get worse.

My main concern goes back to the demonic shadow figure I encountered as a very young child. I have read that spirits and ghosts are obligated to leave if you tell them that they have to. I have also read that a demon is capable of disobeying.

Other hauntings by Katiekhaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katiekhaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WinchesterBaby97 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
I know I am a bit late in commenting, but I have to say I feel the same, I'm not sure I want to see the evidence I'm sure my house could produce, but I have talked out loud in my house telling the spirits that they needed to respect that this is my familys house now, there are still some bumps in the night, but I feel much more comfortable in my house now. Maybe start from there hun! Best of luck to you and yours 😁
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
I'd say the same as Val, and Notjustme.

You need to understand fully that YOU are the one in control over your domain.

No one should ever fear being in their home when there is no one around.

I would really consider doing a blessing of your home. It doesn't hurt to do it, and at least you'll build confidence in yourself, and feel more in charge of the situation.

I believe Rook (don't remember user full name) details a house cleansing. I've done it, and it worked amazingly.
believer12 (11 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
Hello Katie, please don't fear, you are not alone, always remember if there is evil so there is good and God. You don't have to be religious to believe in God, just think that nothing can harm you or your children. Be strong and face the fear and let it know that you are not going to give up.
If it knows that you are feeling scared then it would start feeding on you fear and make your life more miserable.
Fight for yourself and start cleansing the house and let it know that you would not allow it to ruin your life.
Be calm never panic and don't let anything disturb the peace of you mind.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
I, for some reason believe that I am above all bad things. So I have a very strong faith in Goodness and I also believe my mom and ex boyfriend is with me all the time. So I combine all these things and it keeps me pretty bounded. I envision a bright light in my head at night before bed and keep expanding it until I eventually pass out. No matter what religion one follows, I truly believe most importantly is the faith you have in yourself. Gather courage and light and mentally "throw" it at whatever you feel is bad lurking around. This works for me, and praying to my mom. Hope I was able to help in any way. Take care.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
I think all the comments below are sound suggestions and with good intent. Please let us know when you've done either cleansing or seeing the pediatrician or both and let us know results!
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Hey guys, sorry for taking a bit to respond. The notification for this post for some reason went to my junk mail.

Elnoraemily, I share the bedroom with the baby. I am going to do a cleaning on the room I think.

Twisterwatcher7 badjuujuu is right, I am not of any religion. So for me, that isn't ideal.

Buthaya thank you so much for your input. I'll check out the profile when I am home from work tonight!

Valkricry, I wondered that. The only thing I find odd is that it's the same time right down tothe mminute every night. And all she wants is to be held and be in my arms. She stops crying. But if I turn the light back out or put her down she screams again. I am definitely going to look into that cleansing. Thank you!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Katie - your daughter crying at night - it's possible she's cutting molars or has a bit of colic. You might want to mention it to her pediatrician, and have her checked out. I think it's best for her sake to rule out any medical reason.
From what you've said, I don't feel this is demonic either. Not saying it's just you being paranoid you understand, but not EVIL.
If all that's stopping you from doing a cleansing is that you aren't comfortable bringing someone in to do it, you can do it yourself. Rookdygin has one on his profile that many have used with success. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Twisterwatcher, please take a moment to read our commenting guidelines. We don't all have the same religious beliefs, the OP may not share your particular views.
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
you should read the profile of rookdygin for learn how to do a cleansing. It is important that you should believe in yourself. Don't let the fear control you. I had trouble at my house too. I avoided my own house. But one day I thought to myself "I am not going to give my house to bunch of dead guys. Dead should stay dead and not mess with my things". That thought gave me courage to do what is necessary to do to reclaim my house. I still live in the same house and I don't have any trouble anymore. Courage is what you need.
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Hi katie, what I would suggest you do is use your faith and tell the spirit "In the name and authority of God, take thee hence Satan and all evil away from me, my family and this property forever! Amen." And repeat as necessary over and over and expect a battle, but believe with all your faith that you will drive all evil out. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
I think a cleansing of at least your child's room would be a good idea. I don't feel that this is really demonic, at least in my opinion. You can always try telling it that it's not welcome and to please leave because it is upsetting your child- calmly and politely.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: