You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Pet Ghosts Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Pet Ghosts Say Goodbye

 

A few years ago, my pet dog died. The next year on the anniversary of her death, I was going to school. When I got out of the car, me and my mom heard something (we were the two people closest to the dog). It was a bark. Only me and my mom heard it. My brother, in the backseat didn't hear it. The bark was the dead dogs bark. Nobody around the school owns a dog. I looked around, there was no dog around.

A few years later my cat died. On the same day as his death, I went in my room. Beside my closet, I saw something. It disappeared in thin air. It was my dead cat's tail. It looked as though the cat was in my closet and the tail was curled around the door. Then, I felt peace as if my cat had said goodbye. I believe my dog and cat spoke to me in ghost form.

What do you think? I need help and advice about this. Also one time I was in a play. Everyone said the theater was haunted by a girl who had black braids. I didn't believe them. Then when I was rehearsing we had a break. When I turned around, I saw the ghost. Nobody else did see her. At first I walked away. But she followed me. I was really freaked out. Then when I was alone, I felt cold air glide through me. The ghost was in front of me! She had gone through me! I ignored her and was tripped when nothing was there.

When I went home the ghost followed. To this day the ghost is still here. Also I see more ghosts now too. Help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ellen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I do think that animals can come back even after they are gone. I believe your cat and dog was just letting you know that they are in peace, and they knew you loved them, and for you not to worry that they were somewhere where are happy and healthy. 😊 ❤
noblesbilly (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
That makes you think! Some say that ghosts can't follow you, and some say they can attach themselves to you? I have not figured that out yet. But that only means that there are two ways to look at this. The one way is that they can't leave a place that they are haunting. Well if people are still trying to prove the theory of ghosts in the first place. How can we honestly know whether they have to stay somewhere or not. Maybe they only choose to stay somewhere to finish what they started as they might believe. Maybe they are looking for answers like we do. Then in the second place there is the theory that some ghosts can attach to people or things! Maybe you do have a gift or they sense something about you that is familiar to their own personality or someone they knew. Who is to say, maybe they are trying to find out about the living like we try to find out about the dead. Just a thought.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings,

Hello Ellen, I love your story, it reminded me of my deceased dog, Scrappy. My mom told me a similar story the day my dog died. For 9 years I have cherished that pup and he was gone. As far as religion goes, I am not sure if any of them explain an afterlife for pets and other animals.

But we must keep in mind that animals are living beings like us and maybe share the same afterlife. Who knows? Thank you for sharing your story and I cannot wait to read more about your acting and ghostly experiences. God bless, deus vobiscum, take care and good luck with your career on stage.

Sincerely,

Francois
vanessa (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
hi I think you can pray marie she helped me a lot when youre scared and if you don want to see anymore ghost I tried this years ago and it worked I took it from a book in youre head built a wall very high that anything can't pass throught you have to do it manytimes before and youll see each time you build it youll see less
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Hi Ellen.
I believe it is possible for our pets to visit us from the other side. They do not need it to be the anniversary of their death, but just as people who are in your family, animal family members do visit also. It is so nice that you were comforted by your pets visit.
I do think it is possible that this ghostly thespian followed you back to your home. Sometimes they bond with the living for some reason or another and relocate.
If you are uncomfortable with the presence of these ghosts that you are now seeing you can have your house blessed, smudge the home (do not forget to cleanse yourself also, especially if you feel the ghosts are following you) and/or burn lavender incense. Shane has an informative article on this site on smudging that should help you out and give you that feeling of peace you seem to be seeking.
Thank you for your story.
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
I once was sitting on my bed getting ready for sleep and started to hear a purring cat. It was around 10:00 pm. Our cat spent the night outside, so it couldn't have been her. The purring got louder and then I felt something cold rub up against my side. I believe in animal spirits, cats are as much a part of creation as we humans are. Everything has some sort of divine spark. As for being followed, you may be more sensitive than most people, and spirits are drawn to that. They seek acknowledgement.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Maybe you should be blessed or somethin. IDK, but that sounds really creepy. Cool tho!
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
wow sounds serious! How did you know it followed and if she was haunting the school why would she/it follow you? I'm puzzled!
because when something is haunting a place where she might of died it's supposed to stay there as it's final resting place unless it passes on! I should ask my grandma she is a medium and if I hear from her I'll let you now

Thanx for sharing your story with us,
Kated9 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: