You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Standing In My Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Standing In My Doorway

 

This is my first story. I am still scared about what I've experience. Here it goes.

This strange event happened last year sometime. I don't remember the exact date, but I do remember the time. But anyways, one day I came home from a long day at work (I work in DC and the daily commute can be extremely long). I came home took a shower, ate dinner, watched a little TV, and drifted off to sleep.

I have this thing where I ALWAYS close every door (my closet door and my bedroom door) before I go to sleep at night (I've been that way since I was a child). But this particular night I was so tired that I forgot.

Around 3:00am I just so happened to jump out of my sleep because I could feel someone watching me. As I looked closely towards my door, I saw this white see-through figure standing in my doorway. Me, being the scared one that I am, I quickly covered my head with my blankets and hoped and prayed that this thing would go away. Well, after doing that for about 5 mins, I took my covers off my head and my door was closed! I found my bible, opened it up to my favorite scripture (Psalms 23) and eventually went back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, my door was locked! The only way you can lock my door is from the inside. This event until this day, still has me wondering who was that and why did they lock my door.

For the next couple of weeks, I woke up to my door being locked. Could someone help me understand what's going on? Could it be a deceased family member? Did someone die in my house? I need some help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stburris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
burris,
You could just talk to her. If you THINK it's Grandma (it just 'feels' like her to you, you know?) then it probably is. Just tell her you love and miss her, but could she please not lock your door. Sometimes a spirit will repeat something over and over until you acknowledge them, because they aren't sure you got the message. If you think this is because you haven't visited her grave, let her know you plan to and why you haven't. She probably just wants reassurance she hasn't been forgotten.
stburris (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Thank you everyone for the opinions, you guys really put me at ease. I did in fact share this story with my cousins and they too experienced the same thing I did! We all believe its our grandma that's still watching over us. I guess she want us to visit her grave, I'm not ready for that part just yet. One day soon I'll visit. But it would be nice if she didn't lock my door. Its really frustrating when you have to use the restroom in the middle of the night, wake up to your door locked! Lol
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
notjust - that only works for the bad ghosties 😉 😆! I seriously believe we can shield ourselves, but I tend to think that those of a pure intent aren't blocked. Much like a cleansing only removes malicious entities, but allows good to stay.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
Val - Deep down, I believe this too. But I tell myself if my closets are closed and I lay on my side, and surround myself with pillows, the ghosties can't get me! 😆
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
notjust,
My opinion and experience has been that if someone from the other side really wishes to contact you, a closed door is not going to stop them.
snowraven37 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
hhhmmmm... Maybe the Ghost was trying to protect you! Perhaps it was a family or just a ghost trying to help you out...? 😕
😊 - snowraven37
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
I echo Val's questions, which I see you've replied, thank you. Also I have the same habit as you where I need to close my door and closet door too. I do this because I'm a big chicken and afraid something might get me. That leads me to some of my own questions. Recently I've really been trying to get a dream or visit from my mother who passed in 95, I wonder if my closed closets could be keeping her from speaking to me? But then again, I get dreams/visits from other dead ones. 😕 😭
sushant (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
Hello burris,
I think you should first to gather some info of that place from any old staying guy in that area specifically beside your house your neighbor or some one who know that place from long time. If you get any positive reply its mean yes that's the deceased person spirit which is still owning the place.
But I think you should not get worry the more you afraid, the more you will get scared and that spirit will give you hard time if you worried more. So just be relax don't let his power over come you.
If really that spirit is annoying you then its clear, that he is giving you a message that get out of my place I don't like you.
But one thing I say you if you do believe in prayers then no need to worry at all. Just keep on praying everything will be all right. Prayers work if you completely believe in prayers. God bless you.
nillix91 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
Have they said anything or touched you or feel threatened in any way? It sounds like to me that you do have a family member keeping you safe. What do you do with loved valuables? You lock them up, keep them safe. That is my personal opinion on this matter.
stburris (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
I wasn't afraid or anything just startled. Well my grandma died 20 years ago and I always get this feeling that she's around me. But then I think of my grandpa who died shortly after her. I can sometime sense he's around because I always smell cigars. But may be my grandma did visit me and she just so happen to check up on me and make sure I was safe by locking my door. Even this morning I woke up with my door locked. I really hope it's one of them and not someone else.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
burris - ok, that IS weird. At first I thought maybe you closed the doors out of habit, and only thought you had left them open. The spirit in the doorway, part of a dream type scenario, but the door being locked - unless you usually lock the door, I don't see that happening, even on 'accident' for a period of weeks.
So, let's assume that it was a spirit. Outside of being quite startled, what did you FEEL from it? Fear? Comfort? Did you sense whether it was male or female? Did it remind you of anyone you know? For instance the next day, did you find yourself constantly thinking of someone you've lost?
Going on the assumption, that this was an entity, the locking of your door may have been just them reminding you to close your doors and stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: