You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Porcelain Doll

Real Ghost Stories

The Porcelain Doll

 

This story takes place in Cincinnati Ohio. In the same house as my last story (Haunted by a demonic Doberman). If you read that story, then you know the house that was across the street from mine had a lot of strange activity. First with the Father that hanged himself and supposedly his own Doberman pinchers. (which I feel I may have been visited by one of the dogs.) Then maybe 25-30 years later, The son murders his own mother with a hammer and dumps her body in the backyard well, where the body stayed for nearly a year before it was found.

So I was 15 years old at the time that murder happened across the street from us. So as months past the house was boarded up and condemned. There was something very spooky looking about this house and when my friends and I would walk by it at night we would all stop and stare at the windows because we could swear we seen lights in the top window. Almost like dim candlelight. So one summer night my friends and I decided we were going to see if we could sneak into this house. There was maybe 4 of us I think. So we go into the back yard and see cellar doors. We argued a minute about who was going in first, then we opened the doors and walked in the pitch black house. It smelled horrible! Like something rotten. We walked upstairs but could hardly see anything. I saw a porcelain doll lying on the ground and grabbed it. This place just didn't feel right, I felt as if someone knew we were there. Then all of a sudden my friend starts screaming and runs to get out of the house. So then we all panicked and ran out screaming. She told us she thought she heard a woman moaning and felt something grab her. As we were leaving, I stopped and pulled a small chip of wood off the house and we went back to my house.

We all went down to my garage and try to perform a seance with the items I collected from the house. (I know that was stupid but we were dumb kids trying to have "fun".) We try to make contact with the spirits that had lived in that house. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary happening that night. We might not have really payed enough attention. Before we left the garage I hid the doll and woodchip in a corner of the garage and covered it up so my grandmother wouldn't find it.

So a few days past and my sister and I decided to go check out the doll. We went down into the garage and seen that all my late grandfather's toolboxes and tackle boxes had been moved and were all wide opened, and the doll was sitting in the middle of the floor (not where I had put her) Me and my sister grabbed each other and said "Oh My GOD!" I then kicked the doll and it flew towards the back of the garage, closed my grandpa's toolboxes and we darted out of there!

It took us about a week or so to get up enough courage to go back down there again and check it out. We opened the garage door and seen the exact same thing. The toolboxes were open again and the doll, in the middle of the room. This time I found an old box and put the doll in it and shoved it underneath a shelf case. My mom, sister and I ended up moving out of my grandmother's house shortly after this incident (planned on it before the incident.)

So about 10 years later my grandmother passed on and my mom comes to my house with a box and says "I got this from your grandma's house do you want it? I opened it and it was that freaky porcelain doll! I said heck no please get that thing out of my house! I couldn't believe it. But I think about that doll and just wonder what it was doing or what had possessed it or manipulated it to move like that? I don't know what do you all think?

Other hauntings by kellyann87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellyann87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
This will be somewhat tangential, but I just want to say to everyone, I'm sorry that you've been trolled by what we younguns call "downvoters".
I think that my generation and especially the generation younger than mine are basically trained to feel really good when they get points, starts, etc.
Facebook has certainly not helped in that regard. 😕
I even find myself hoping for upvotes, and it's pretty pathetic.
Please don't let it get you down. Yes, teenagers and such will downvote to try to mess with you, and it is like blowing raspberries, but clearly their opinions really don't matter.
I have a terrible habit of upvoting a lot, kind of like "liking" a post on Facebook. Then the site won't let me give anymore points to certain people. So clearly, I've been trained, and I'm a bit mad at myself for it.
Y'all are awesome. No need to fret. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Ummm...ok no more Trolls or Trolling... Move along now, nothing to see here.

Respectfully,

Rook
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Seriously though it does get really aggravating when I try to answer people's questions honestly and the best I can and try to be respectful and all my nice thank you comments get negative votes. I get it. You don't like me or my story, that's fine. Could you please move on please now whoever is trolling my comments ughh...
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Sorry nevermind rook, I seen your questions directed [at] Olivia
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
[at] crf1997 - Thanks for reading my story, I'm glad you enjoyed it! 😊
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
[at] lady-glow I do have dolls from my grandma's collection 3 to be exact. My mom brought that over to me after she cleaned out the garage of my grandma's house and just wanted to see if I wanted it also.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
[at] rook sorry I haven't been on here in a couple days (not that I wasn't interested in answering questions) I don't see the post on here anymore so I'm a bit confused and also don't feel bad, every comment I post gets a negative vote, but I'm trying to look past it.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
This is an awesome story, and I could relate to it a lot because my friends and I like to go into this abandoned house right by her grandma's house. There are tons of items still scattered through it. I think we only took one thing from it, which was a book, but it caused no paranormal activity.:) Plus, I just watched Annabelle last week, so that made me get extra creeped out! 😲 I'm definitely adding this one to my favorites!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
It sucks that the only one doll your mother saved for you had to be the creepy, filthy, old one abandoned in a box in the garage; and not any of the nice ones from your grandma's collection. 😕
That is odd.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
Rook;
I completely agree. No worries, was just trying to make you feel better 😜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
if,

I was a member before there was a karma points system... I really do not care about them... But when it seems its the only response I am going to get it makes me feel like someone is blowing rasberries at me... This is something we do to Trolls as we ride over them on the Miss Demeanor... Sorry I digress

Val,

Thanks...if we do not ask questions then we really do not learn anything.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
Actually, I thought your questions very good, Rook, and had wondered the same as I have never heard/read anything remotely close to what Olivia had stated. Had me very curious.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
Rook,
Please don't pay attention to the points system. I am aware of which two are doing so and they just need to grow up. Your comment was well thought out but the op and her friend aren't interested in really answering the questions.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
Wow,

I ask what I thought were a couple of resonalble questions and the only reply seems to be negitive karma points... I was hoping for an explination of why Olivia was so sure about thier point of view... You know a chance to learn something... Expand the knowledge base so to speak... (sigh) Oh well, on to the next.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-01)
Olivia,

I am going to ask a couple of questions about your comment...

The first one has to deal with possesion... Are you saying a person can not become possesed? Or does your statement only refer to objects?

Just what is a 'dark power full entity'? Sounds like a video game to me...

Respectfully,

Rook
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
[at] Olivia121 Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts on my story. All I know is something Evil was happening in that house for many years and I'm glad nothing worse ever happened in my house. I'm not sure if this entity was evil or not I never sensed that it was trying to harm us. Or maybe I wasn't around long enough to find out.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
Thank you Triskaideka for looking into the history of the family for me. I've tried looking myself and haven't turned up much on the husband, It does seem as if the family is hiding the cause of his death. I doubt I'll ever find anything more on it and yes I don't know why the Ohio records are so hard to find, but Thanks for your help!

This comment from olivia121 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
Also, if I had broken into and entered a house wherein a woman had been beaten to death with a hammer, I would NOT be inclined to store any souvenirs from that house near any toolboxes. *shudder*
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
What bothers me is I never found any records of someone committing suicide in that house. Just the records of the murder. And discovered that his mother had been married at least twice. Yes, she had been widowed, so yes, his father had died. I just couldn't find any records supporting the claim he'd committed suicide. However, families do sometimes cover up such things. I have seen obits for friends' family members who committed suicide, and those obits saying only that the person passed away. Then there's the fact I can't find an obit for his mother, which says to me the family wasn't very close to them. Plus since she and her son had abused her niece so, she probably completely alienated her blood relatives, and they didn't feel much inclined to honor her in death. Mrrrr. Curse you, Ohio, for keeping so many records on lockdown.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Mandy I agree that's probably what it was and it was very creepy! Something I will never forget. Thanks for your help and input on my story.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Well then, since it was likely not your sister i'll stick with what I suggested earlier and say it was probably just a little tag along. I don't believe inanimate objects can be "possesed" in the sense of like, Chucky, but I absolutely believe they can hold on to energy/emotions. Or, spirits can hold on to the item, becoming attached to it.
What an interesting experience though... And extra creepy points for the doll. I don't even think i'd have been brave enough to pick the thing up in the first place, haha.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
[at] 4d Haha... No I won't ever be doing that again. Thanks for reading 😊
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Very interesting story. I would advise that next time someone decides to go looking for spirits, to go about the right way and not B&E... Haha, thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Ah, thank you, Kelly. That makes a lot of sense! Put that way, it's very easy to picture.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Is there any way to get rid of the whole point system? Akksdkfdfkasdklsishidsads
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
No worries. A few of our more, er, oh I'll just say it. We have some immature members who treat those points like gold coins. The rest of us, not so much lol. Just try to keep things in perspective, you'll be fine.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Ok thanks for the advice on the Karma point system. I just didn't want it to make me look like a negative commenter or for people to think my comments weren't credible because of my Karma points but I will just not pay it too much attention. Thanks
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
Please, I'm begging you, don't pay attention to the karma points. You can't trade them for groceries, you can't cash them in for gas, pretend they don't exist. All the points do is stir up extra drama. If I could get rid of the stupid system, I would in a heartbeat.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
kellyann - the best advice I can give you is to ignore the karma points. When the voting system was first initiated, it seemed as if it might be a good idea. Not so much now. Some people take it to extremes and when they are upset with a comment made by someone else, they expend their karma usage for awhile by giving negative points to the person who upset them.

It truly is something that needs to just be ignored and try not to let it get to you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: