You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Green Lights Flashing

Real Ghost Stories

Green Lights Flashing

 

Now, I didn't experience this first hand but my sister did and she is not one to lie about these things. Especially since she came home crying. She went over to her friend's house to check up on things. She was protecting it from robbers and feeding their animals while they were on vacation (it was summer). She had just got done feeding their black and white tabby cat named yin yang. She went into her friend's room to dust some things off.

That's when she heard the water running in the kitchen. She thought that maybe it was yin yang messing with the faucets, since he usually did. When she turned around yin yang was sitting at her feet. That's when she started to get nervous. She cautiously went into the kitchen. She turned the corner ready for a confrontation. When she did there wasn't anything there.

She ran over and turned the faucets off. She started to walk through the house looking for an intruder. She didn't even get out of the kitchen before all the cupboards started opening and closing. She started to panic and threw herself on the ground covering her head. She heard yin yang hissing and when she looked up there was a green light that filled the room. It flashed on and off as the cupboards opened and closed. Then as quickly as it started it ended. She didn't waste any time, she grabbed the cat and ran out of the house. She didn't stop running until she was safe back in her own house.

When her friend came back she confronted her about what happened. She was shocked to find out that it had been happening a few times a month since they bought the house. That's why they had gone on vacation, to get a break from it all. They apologized for not telling her and my sister never went back there again. Two months later my sister's friend and her family moved out.

Other hauntings by JackMcShane

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JackMcShane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Hello David.
Empty houses that are not our own are creepy enough, even if you do spend a lot of time in the house. When the owners go away, it just feels different anyway.
And then add a greenish light, cupboards opening and closing and faucets turning themselves on... I can see why she ran home crying. What a scary experience for her.
I am not sure that this was a poltergeist, only because I do not know if that type of occurrence is "case sensitive". What I mean to say is, I do not know if the inhabitants of the home would have to be present to get the energy flowing well enough to get the action started. I guess I do not know enough about that phenomenon to know for certain.
Thank you for sharing your sisters story.
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
CLASSIC poltergeist activity. Its now a moot point since they have moved, but sometimes a house blessing helps. Sometimes it makes it worse. Depends on the type of spirit.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Something still in the house obviously wanted to make sure they were noticed. I am certain mit must have been terrifying.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Hi David. I am not surprised that they had to go on vacation because I would have to go on one to after all that. I thinkk that there was a poltergiest or something like that in the house. Are there still wierd things going on in that house? If you know more keep us posted. See you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: