You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Girl In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Girl In The Mirror

 

This is a true story that happened when I was around 11 years old. It is, so far, the only ghost experience I have ever had, but it was one of my scariest moments.

I was in middle school when this experience occured. We have two bathrooms for girls and boys. The downstairs bathrooms and the upstairs ones. Everyone knows about the upstairs girl's bathroom. The reason is, whenever you go in there, you always feel... Really weird. It feels cold, and basically, just gives you a feeling of distortion. Because I was in with the older students, all our classes were upstairs. So if we needed the toilet, we had to use the upstairs ones.

Anyway, one lesson, I needed to go really bad. I had no choice but to use the upstairs bathrooms. I walk in to the girl's bathroom, and immediately get that familliar sense of disorientation. I rush in to the cubicle, all the while feeling freezing cold (despite it being a lovely warm day). My heart was pounding, the feeling of panic was rising. I just wanted to get out of there quickly. I opened the cubicle door, and headed for the sinks. Even though I was terrified, I was still a freak about germs. I quickly washed my hands, and glanced at the mirror in front of me. My heart literally stopped. My eyes went wide. In the mirror's reflection, I kid you not, was a young girl right beside me. She was turned to the left, making a clapping gesture with her hands, eyes closed. I only saw her for about 2 seconds, before I shot out of there, screaming.

I assure you, I was the only one in there the entire time. The bathroom door is a very large one, you can certainly hear it if someone comes in, or leaves. When I first entered, the room was empty, and all the cubicle doors were swinged open. So I am positive, nobody was in there but me. Besides, when I left the cubicle, it was still empty. I only saw this girl in the reflection.

I never went to that bathroom again, and now I've moved up to Highschool. My friend has had a similliar experience in the same bathroom, but that's for another day.

Thoughts, please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TailsTheKitsune, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
wow really scary story. A similar experience happened to one of my office mates: while he was using the sink in a MALE restroom, he looked at the mirror he saw a young girl wearing a white dress in the cubicle behind him.
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
But if EMF can cause such phenomenas why would many people see the same entity and why is "she" a hallucination of something we people call ghosts and not something more scarier like a monster or alien xD

Those high EMF could be the natural effects caused by a ghost?

Its like with Sleep Paralysis we know how its caused but what if its caused by a supernatural being with knowledge on how to make the effects look like natural to trick humans xD

Remember that scientists give an explanation to a phenomenom but after some time another scientist discovers something new about the same subject so nothing is 100% accurate

Im not saying you should go "oh its 100% a ghost" but it could be
ghostrider24 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
hello tails
I think probably the bathroom which you describe in the story is badly haunted... Do you ever made a try to know about the gal who really she was. Was she student of same school. Was the school constructed in haunted area. As paranormal people say ghosts mostly reside in areas where there are no signs of human beings and living things take for example dense forests buildings that are not been used for years they describe as presence of a negative energy is often felt there... Anyways story was really a scary stuff. Bye Take care
TailsTheKitsune (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Thank you for your comments everyone. I have asked my friend if I could share her experience, and she gave me the okay. So here we go, exactly as she told me.

She was late for P.E, and since the girls had to change in the girl's toilets, she found herself getting changed alone in that bathroom. She told me she didn't feel disoriented, just really, really cold. She said she kept feeling she was being watched. After getting changed, she got up, and as she went for the door, she says she heard a small giggle from behind her. She whips round, and sees something white flash across the same mirror I saw the girl in. My friend isn't as easily scared as I am, and walked up to the mirror to investigate. She found nothing, and went to go join the P.E class.

I agree that high EMF levles could of caused us to hallucinate, and feel weird. So that's an option. I looked in to the history of where the school is placed, and turns out, it used to be an old farm. I didn't find out much, so that's all I know. Maybe an accident happened... 😢

Anyway, thank you once again for taking the time to read about my experience. 😳
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Hello TailsTheKitsune, welcome to YGS. I agree with ifi and elnora. It could be high EMF levels. Still since you have seen a girl in the reflection and that you stated your friend had similar experience, I request you to share it with us. Also, if you had done any investigation or enquiry into that aspect, please do share the information. It could throw us more light.

Did you ask any of your teachers disclosing your experience. If you had, perhaps they could have given you some information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
snowraven37 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-01)
Wow, creepy! 😨 I would guess maybe it was a girl who died in the area. Possibly in a place that was there before your school? Also, I feel the exact same weird energy in my neighbor's house which I cat-sit.
❤ - snowraven37
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
This really sounds like high EMF to me. There is a theater in my town that you can literally feel the energy in. It's creepy. People do hallucinate and feel watched. I forget what they tested it at, but it was very, very high.

High EMF's essentially get in the way of how your brain processes information. Your brain works on electrical energy and the high EMF can disrupt it. In high levels, this can lead to feelings of fear, being watched, panic and even hallucinations.

That, at least by the description of how the room feels, is my theory.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
It would be interesting to find out if anything happened to your middle school to see if the little girl can be explained. I was going to suggest doing some electrical checking in the bathroom but once you said you saw the reflection, that quickly left my mind. However it is known to arise feeling uncomfortable, cold, and seeing things. High EMF levels is what I am referring to.
Do you know if anyone else saw the girl after that? I know your friend said she had something similar so that's why I am asking.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: