You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Scared Of Fridays

Real Ghost Stories

Scared Of Fridays

 

I was born in 1976 and my younger sister Anne was born in 1979. I had another sister Emily who was born in 1978, she only lived for a few months & died of SIDS in 1978. I also had a younger brother Paul. We lived in an area called Eltham in London.

This began back when I was 9yrs old (1986). It was a normal Friday night when I went to bed but I woke in the night & felt the need to get up and go pee, our WC was along the landing at top of the stairs.

As I neared the top of the stairs I believe I could see a mist on the stairs. I looked down and I could see (what I just knew to be) my dead sister Emily at the bottom but she was of the age she should of been (7yrs) shaking her head at me. I didn't understand so I took a step towards her & I felt as if something pushed me toward the stairs. As I felt I was going to fall (but didn't) I saw Emily throw up her hands and shout NO! I closed my eyes and when I opened them again there was nothing there.

I hear you now saying that this was dream, but please bear with me. This occurrence continued to happen EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY NIGHT for 3yrs, sometimes I felt pushed but sometimes I just stood and looked down the stairs so I could see her but she never said anything else other than to shout NO, I tried so hard most (Friday) nights to go pee before I went to bed trying hard not to get up in the night but by the age of 12 I was too scared to stay at home Fridays & stayed at friends every weekend until we moved out of the house in 1991 (nothing ever hurt me & everything I saw/felt always disappeared in a blink on an eye. I always felt she was trying to protect me from something but not sure what).

The 2nd part happened in 1987, (I was then 10) my sister Anne (she was then 7) & I were watching TV too late one school night & our mum came in and unplugged our TV. We carried on whispering 2 ourselves who was going get up & turn it back on when a mist seemed to appear in our room and the TV came back on (UNPLUGGED) at a low volume (for approximately 10 mins). Spooked, we both dove under our separate duvets and stayed there until morning. In the morning we discussed the night before and my sister Anne said she saw Emily next to the TV. (She didn't know about my experiences yet and again she just seemed to KNOW it was her without even ever meeting her). She then told me that she had seen Emily before when she had gone to the WC in the night. I told Anne of my experiences and she said she didn't see her as often as I did - only now and then, and Emily never spoke to her but just smiled.

I continued to see my "visions" for another 2 years before I stopped staying home on Fridays and as mentioned we moved out of that house in 1991 and neither of us saw her again.

We recently had a conversation about this (I am now 38 and Anne is almost 36) with our younger brother Paul (35) and our Mum and they were not surprised. Although they say they never saw Emily they both believe they saw my Mum's brother Dave (aged 16 - who died 3 months after Emily) in my brother's bedroom in that house. My brother says he was too young to know he wasn't real and thought he was really there to play, and my mum says she could she him sitting on Paul's bed in the night.

The house belonged to our grandparents before they swapped with our parents so my brother's room used to be Dave's room, but although Emily visited the house as a baby she didn't actually ever live in it alive.

Do you really think that these experiences were our lost loved ones keeping an eye on us or something trying to make us think so? I don't know why Emily would shout NO to me but only smile at Anne. Me and my sister are absolutely sure of what we saw and so is my Mum. Our brother can only say what he thinks he saw.

Sorry if its a bit long winded I've never written this down before now. Please let me know what you think of our experiences.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by MaybeADreamer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaybeADreamer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
MaybeaDreamer- Very nice story... As many have already said, "Emily" was there to protect you from another entity.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Wow that TV moment was really something else!

I'd be inclined to believe the Friday detail was more linked to you and the rest of the family than specifically with Emily. She obviously had a reason to visit on Fridays.
Or maybe, being that the weekend was approaching, you could have been in just the right frame of mind to accept a visit from her. Maybe you were more receptive on Fridays as opposed to school days.
Great story thanks for sharing!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
MaybeADreamer,.
Oops sorry, I didn't notice that in the comments.
I have just though of something, a reason for why you didn't see her anymore after you moved. You said she'd put her hands up and say no, well maybe she was trying to protect you from something in the house, and when you moved she no longer had to protect you from that, so that can be a possibility but many things in the paranormal world remain mysterys, I hope someday you can figure out this one. 😊
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
(at) BadJuuJuu - Thanks for comments, they make sense although I do now wonder what "it" was hanging around 😕

(at) Sam222 - As mentioned before in comments there is nothing Friday related we are aware of even after checking days of dates. The TV thing, looking back is probably what she would of done if she was still with us, so I now see it as quite funny in that respect (definitely not funny at the time though)

Thanks to all for believing it was Emily, this has helped me believe she is still with me (my next story written yesterday also makes me think she is still with me in spirit even though I've not seen her again)

Love & Thanks xx
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
If it was your intuition that it was her, I would tend to agree with that assessment.

I agree with that others- that she was trying to make sure you were safe.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
MaybeADreamer,
That must have been real hard to go through that every Friday, for that long. I'm thinking that there must some reassome friday to be the night that to happens. Did your sister pass away on friday perhaps?
I Thought that was both really spooky but cool at the same time when your sister plugged the tv back in for you guys. She did a Favor for you, and even had the volume on low so that your mother wouldn't get irritated! 😊
Thanks for sharing your story, I do believe it was your sister, but I think it's quite fascinating that your sister after she passed away, had stilled aged, but in paranormal (not sure if that the right word) form! 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
If she was only showing up on Friday nights to protect you, then the Friday connection is probably not to her but to whatever she felt the need to protect you from. My thought is that she picked up on something unpleasant that repeated on Fridays and popped in to make sure that whatever it was didn't affect her family.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Thanks Everyone for your lovely comments.

(at) Rookdygin - Thank you for your response, I always wondered if the "NO" was aimed at me or "something else"

(at) Elnoraemily - I don't know how I knew it was her but something in me just seemed to know.

(at) Winipu4 - Thanks for sharing your stepdaughters experience, it made me feel more "normal" about just "knowing it was her"

To All: I have asked my sister & mum if Fridays had any relevance to them but they don't recall anything like that, as mentioned when Anne saw Emily by the TV it was a school night so it was somewhere between Mon-Thurs night. My mum saw her brother a few times but cannot remember what day it was.

I have checked what day Emily's birth & death days were but she was born on a Tuesday and died on a Thursday so still confused about that part.

Thanks Again everyone

Sara xx
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Hello:
About ten years ago my stepdaughter saw her brother (who died shortly after birth) in her bedroom one night. He was the age that he would have been had he lived, and yet somehow she "knew" immediately who it was. He smiled at her and then vanished.
Through this experience and others I have come to believe that there is some sort of a soul recognition. It is indeed a mystery why some show themselves as they were at death and others (especially babies and children) appear older.
I like to think that they are letting us know that they are still around, guiding us and periodically showing us that they still love us. I also get the distinct impression that Emily was there in a protective capacity, and was simply wanting you to know that she is around you. Even though you may no longer actually see her, she's probably still looking out for you. I certainly hope that when is my time, the God of my understanding does not cut me off from those I love.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
I agree with Rook. I think she was there to protect you or keep you from falling down the stairs. Sweet little guardian.

Don't know what the Friday night thing would be about. Did your sister, mother or brother only see them on Friday nights?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
I have the same question as Rook regarding the Friday night thing. Have you ever asked your mom about that? I too believe something was with you during the time you stayed in that house, and Emily was there to protect you. I would pray to her and speak to her, I'm sure she can hear you. When I get dream-visits from my loved passed ones, it's the same... I can feel them before I can see them, so you know that's Emily because she is speaking to you through thought/feelings. Very sweet and sad story, a little creepy too. Thanks for sharing it.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
This may sound a bit callous, so forgive me, but if you were only two when she passed, how could you be sure it was your sister? Especially since she had passed before Anne was born? Is there any chance she could have been unattached to the family?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Of course they can cross over and watch over us.

As far as your question about Emily Yelling no at you... The description you give about that first experience answers your question for you... She was not yelling no at you but at what ever 'pushed you towards the stairs'...

I'm curious anout this happening every Friday Night... Is there something that has happened with-in the Family that makes Friday nights 'stand out'?

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: